Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,111,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And also close with the DNC and HRC State Dept.
Got a link to a reputable source to prove that?

If not, you're lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 AM

10,796 posts, read 3,624,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Pair Avenatti with a moderate, experienced, "clean" Democrat of either gender and any race - in either position - and I think you'd see a huge win.

My personal preference would be Avenatti for VP, should he run. I like and respect him but think he's short on experience, though that was no problem for others, obviously, as far as election was concerned. It was what followed that revealed the absolute incompetence and danger presented by having a corrupt and inadequate individual in office.

I agree that Pence would be a relief from the constant drama and outright stupidity, but he's no one I would ever support as a candidate. I'd give him a chance, of course, but in view of his record and stated opinions, he'd never be my choice. But he'd be a huge relief. At least for a while.

Shoot, Nixon would be a relief from Trump. As would any of the previous 44, at this stage.
The problem is, off the top of my head, I can't come up with a candidate I would consider having the ability to go against Trump. Schumer? Maybe, but just maybe. I can't see him capturing anyone's imagination. A potential perhaps is Beto O'Rourke IF he takes the Senate seat from Cruz.

Biden? Too old, although I like him and I think he is credible. I don't see many from this list as being able to capture that imagination.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/polit...ump/index.html

Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,424,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And his ties to the Podestas and the DNC
You think that the investigation of Manafort was wrong, you don’t think there was suspicion of his connections.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,967,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The problem is, off the top of my head, I can't come up with a candidate I would consider having the ability to go against Trump. Schumer? Maybe, but just maybe. I can't see him capturing anyone's imagination. A potential perhaps is Beto O'Rourke IF he takes the Senate seat from Cruz.

Biden? Too old, although I like him and I think he is credible. I don't see many from this list as being able to capture that imagination.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/polit...ump/index.html
What if it's no longer Trump, but Pence who's the Republican candidate in 2020? Who might beat him?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 AM

10,796 posts, read 3,624,955 times
Quote:
What if it's no longer Trump, but Pence who's the Republican candidate in 2020? Who might beat him?
Yup, Pence would be more difficult to beat, as I indicated earlier.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 AM

37,545 posts, read 19,411,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Empty, entirely baseless speculation on your part and not one other thing.

If you have something to support these baseless assertions, present it. You will be literally the first to do so. Until you present a basis for these so-far baseless claims, they will continue to be baseless. Your feverish hopes and desires that maybe Mueller will come up with something does not constitute an actual basis for any of this.

There have been many leaks from the Mueller investigation, and you have no knowledge of any basis for the claims you supporting. But that is apparently the life of the constantly lying left.
If you have any sort of proof, bring it. Otherwise it didn't happen.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:29 AM

37,545 posts, read 19,411,329 times
Quote:
What if Pence gets indicted too, along with Ryan and McConnell? What if we are dealing with President Orrin Hatch by the time all the papers are served?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,566,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinred92 View Post
What would Ryan be indicted? McConnell? LOL c’mon. Stop fantasizing. They have done nothing illegal that we are aware of.
Neither has Trump. But they don't care about any of that.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,196,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinred92 View Post
What would Ryan be indicted? McConnell? LOL c’mon. Stop fantasizing. They have done nothing illegal that we are aware of.
Regardless of them being indicted or not they all lied and gave cover to the POS Trump and his criminal administration.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,111,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Regardless of them being indicted or not they all lied and gave cover to the POS Trump and his criminal administration.
That is definitely true.

If Obama had half of what Trump has going on, McConnell and Ryan would be licking their chops to crucify him.

Many GOP Congressman and women have shamed themselves as they stand by silently while Trump embarrasses our country and insults our allies. They have chosen party over country, and I hope some of them are voted out in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies