Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 10:59 AM

45,254 posts, read 26,506,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No actually, we don’t.
We do, you just cant see it from where your head is at

Old 08-06-2018, 11:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,232,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Not spinning. At all. Just making an observation. Relax. Good gawd. Do you know of any cases where they went after a black cop who shot a black man? I'd like to know. To learn. So I can talk SPECIFICS.
I don't have that info at the moment and do not at the moment have time to seek it out, but I will say this..

I don't care what skin color the Policeman/woman is... they should not shoot "unarmed people"...not unarmed black people and not unarmed white people and not unarmed person of any ethic,racial or any other make up of their person.

Now, is there an exception? You are darn right... if a person is attacking and causing or in the process of causing bodily harm, then that becomes a matter of an officer defending himself.

But, shooting people who are running away, or people who are making no aggressive gesture or actions, is "insane"... '

Police can often call for backup, just as many make a call before they jump out of the car, they can request back up, and maintain a distance until back up arrives.
When back up arrives they should not take actions like what happen to Rodney King, or Eric Garner, there is enough to apprehend a person without what some do.

We've seen if you watched video, of policeman yelling at people to stop resting, even when the person is not resisting, and doing things to people to force them to act in resistance to the forces of harm they exert upon and against the person. We saw that with the cop that shot the man in the chest in Louisiana a couple years ago.

JIM CROW style policing was to be over when Jim Crow was outlawed by the Civil Rights Act. Fact is there never should have been a system of Jim Crow social controls and containing of black people.
Police Departments should require some higher education for people who are to be given a gun and a badge!!!
They also should get some "domestic abuse training" because far too many continually beat the heck out of their spouses.

So, we do need reform in how we choose and certify who is to carry a badge and a gun.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 08-06-2018 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-06-2018, 11:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We do, you just cant see it from where your head is at
No, actually we don’t.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:04 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,802,913 times
In less than 7 hours, 40 shot, 4 fatally as violence rips Chicago

Quite a tour de force.

I guess nobody told them that black lives matter.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Well, I grew up in East LA in the 1980's, and I now live in rural Washington.

I guess I find it rather comforting that when my kids ride their bikes to the park, they're not being recruited into gangs or being pressured into selling crack. Silly me

Stop making excuses for this BS. Just stop my friend. No amount of money, fee education, or social programs will fix it. The only thing that has EVER worked in regards to cleaning up ghettos is bringing the hammer down and throwing bad guys in prison by the truckload. The numbers don't lie.

I don't think it's the best solution, but since we are handicapped by political correctness in a way that other parts of the world aren't, it's really all we got. The funniest part is that Bill Clinton was one of the biggest players in reducing crime by this method. He got tired of all the BS just like everyone else in the 90's. Obama was a freaking nightmare for these communities in regards to crime with his bleeding heart nonsense. Hopefully Trump can create some type of federal policies that will keep more of these $hitheads behind bars.

The truth is that if we really cut people's hands off for stealing and executed people for selling drugs, places like the south side of Chicago would disappear overnight. You know it, I know it.......EVERYONE knows it!
I gave you stats, based on those stats and your idea, it would be a lot less white people walking around too!!! So, if you are not advocating that as well... then what are you advocating?

Old 08-06-2018, 11:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH

When it gets hot the animals come out.

Why can't the PC SJW's get out of the way and let the authorities do something about these gang idiots playing the thug?

If it is black on black shootings then it has zero to do with racism and everything to do with innocent people that have to live in these war zones having to get down every time some fool starts shooting.

This is America not Iran and people deserve to be safe.

Most of us don't care if some gang banger shoots another but then they are taken to the hospital where the tax payers foot the bill, the Police are left to pick up the mess when they could be doing something better and the Left has yet another statistic that they will add to the "gun violence against children" column. They don't differentiate between a 17 year old gang member and a innocent kid on his way to school. The Left then uses these stats to pound home that guns should be banned.

These gang shootings are a public safety problem and when some bozo is arrested with an illegal gun they should be put away for several years with no exception because they have shown that they have no fear of using that gun to shoot to kill a rival and it is not that much of s stretch for them to point the gun at a cop and either kill him and then we have a candle lite vigil for the fallen officer OR the cop shoots the gang member and then we have violent protests for "the aspiring rapper that was just ready to turn his life around".

The Dems do nothing to stop this violence. Obama did nothing and if Trump tried he would be called a racist.
The state, not the city, is responsible for Minimum Sentencing and Parole. The state seems incapable of distinguishing between a downstate grandma who carries an unpermitted gun and a hood rat.

No one is forced to live in the 5 most violent communities where most shooting occur. No shortage of extended black families have and will continue to relocate to Southern urban areas to escape the violence.

Back when the notorious Cabrini Green Project was being demolished it was necessary to physically carry some long term residents out of the buildings. They preferred the sense of community they had, despite the never- ending violence to the unknowns of being relocated to safer areas.

Attempts to make violence like this, partisan is goofy stuff.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
"*Of adults arrested for murder, 52.0 percent were Black or African American, 45.4 percent were White, and 2.6 percent were of other races. 52 % of murders were committed by blacks and they are about 13% of the population!!!!!!

Maybe the gang bangers will eventually kill themselves out.
Cherry picking is what you like, then pick this as well.

Quote:
White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race and accounted for 59.0 percent of those arrests.

White juveniles comprised 64.7 percent of juveniles arrested for rape and 60.2 percent of juveniles arrested for larceny-theft.

Of juveniles arrested for drug abuse violations, 74.8 percent were White.

Of all juveniles (persons under the age of 18) arrested in 2016, 62.1 percent were White, 34.7 percent were Black or African American, and 3.2 percent were of other races.

In 2016, 69.6 percent of all individuals arrested were White, 26.9 percent were Black or African American, and 3.6 percent were of other races.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Huh. I just spent 3 nights in Chicago last weekend, had the best weekend of my life. Spent time downtown & in Wrigleyville. Used the L everyday. And I’m alive!! How can that be? According to the usual predictable suspects on here, I should’ve been shot dead because the city is out of control!!! Lol, just shut up about Chicago already. You guys are a yawn of a broken record.
Chicago had 52 million overnight visitors last year. They spent enormous sums on hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment. None were shot. 52 MILLION.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,433,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Cherry picking is what you like, then pick this as well.

What's there to cherry pick? Your own stats demonstrate that white people are UNDER-REPRESENTED for every category you posted.

I really, really wish some of y'all would learn the concepts of "proportionality" and "per capita."

Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
no and neither is the violence associated with the drug war, welfare and wage controls. You can find similiar across the country. Do you disagree?
Despite the absolute numbers, Chicago does not clear Top Ten in terms of violence.

Chicago is a geographical hub for narcotic distribution, not too different than what happened during alcohol prohibition back in the day.

Seems to me the US is accelerating the War on Drugs. I cannot imagine the US changing its tune no matter who sits the oval or controls the majority. Can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies