Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and the liberals have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker
They fall for ANYTHING like that. All you have to do is tell them the sky is falling and they run around screaming at people.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:45 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, you are correct. Her campaign and the DNC paid for it.

I was splitting hairs in comparison to what Trump did. Don, Jr. personally met with the Russian contact at Trump tower. He was personally emailing. Hillary Clinton's campaign (as an entity) as well as the DNC paid for the the continuing research. That distinction is important to me because if it is worded that Hillary Clinton, the individual, was independently seeking information out in this way, that is not quite on the up and up or probably the way it needs to be done. So, I am sorry that I did not clarify my own meaning on that. it needs to come from the campaign entity and reported properly.

The Clinton campaign as well as the DNC legally contracted with Fusion for information. It was all correctly reported (how it was paid for, what they did) and when shady things turned it, it was not publicized but turned over to the FBI.

Very different than what Junior did and tried to hide.

The previous poster is trying his/her best to make the democratic opposition research appear as seedy and as illegal as Don Junior's efforts. Not in the same league at all.
that seemed like more than just hair-splitting.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:56 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
How is what's happening any different then the attacks that were thrown at Dems during the Obama years,I see it as tit for tat. Ya get what you give!
What are you talking about. These same attacks were coming FROM the Democrats during the Obama years. It all started by calling anyone who dared to disagree with Obama a racist, as a matter of routine.

Don't lie and say you don't remember or that you didn't notice that.

In what way did Republicans act similarly to this during the Obama years? I really am drawing a blank.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Indeed, before the Russian bots, nobody ever demanded proof, sources & evidence.

We all just KNOW what is "factual" because we read it on any number of super-reliable news sites, such as Huffpost, Occupy Democrats or the Daily Kos.
As well as World Net Daily, Info Wars and Breitbart

Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What if it is their opinion and the poster of the idea is themselves the source? ...
Then they should reveal clearly the reason for "their own opinion". We have the freedom to believe whatever we want in our own minds, but we can never change reality. There is only one Absolute Truth, and stating something to the contrary does not make it so.

They must have a reason. Psychic flash? No problem, they could easily state that they made it up or dreamed it. That would lend the proper weight to their argument.

People can not state something as fact without being prepared to give a reason to believe it is fact. If I disagree, I will state my reasons, and the court of public opinion will judge for themselves. That is public discourse.

I never expect to change the mind of someone I am responding to, and they should not expect me to change my mind without a convincing argument including necessary back up.

It's really all about the 'third person', the lurkers and passers-by who come across the discussion. They can make up their own minds based upon what they read here. If we can not back up our positions they will not take our posts seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
...Is it not OK with you for people to have opinions independent of the publicly published, Democrat left's "Political correctness" talking points?

If it is OK, then you have to be ready to allow people to express those opinions, and just accept them as that, even if you disagree. Not everyone has to think like you or agree with you, or the people who you rely on to be informed by.
Am I reading you correctly? Do you make the assumption that people who disagree with you have been told what to think?

Do you seriously believe that the only reason people disagree with you is because they have been given 'talking points' ? While at the same time asserting that people who agree with you 'are their own source' ?

You have a long trek ahead of you.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
There was a time that when a poster didn't hew to or contradicted a liberal/progressive viewpoint they were accused of being a member of Stormfront. Now they're accused of being a Russian bot.

What will it be next.

There was a time when anyone who made a "Hitler" or "Nazi" accusation about someone who wasn't actually loading Jews into box cars was immediately discredited as a loon and a partisan extremist.

Now it's run of the mill modus operandi.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
LOL, you need to give that money back , for failure to achieve any of the goals required.

What money and what goals? Do tell...seems you know more than me...

Old 08-08-2018, 10:34 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
??? Okay ,who told you?

I google, other things, but I'm not going to google what you present as facts....why is that so hard to understand? We understand that you just like to sling crap at the wall and hope nobody questions it....true leftist fashion....

Old 08-08-2018, 10:37 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I have been on here since 2008 and have noticed a big uptake in new people, always conservative, right before elections and then right afterward they disappear. I have no doubt in my mind that these people are paid posters since you never see them in any other forum section.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:40 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have been on here since 2008 and have noticed a big uptake in new people, always conservative, right before elections and then right afterward they disappear. I have no doubt in my mind that these people are paid posters since you never see them in any other forum section.
You can say that with both sides. There are several from the other end who posted in and started thread after thread prior to the election, actually every election since I've been on starting in 2008, and immediately disappear when the votes are counted.`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies