Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:45 AM

18,036 posts, read 27,479,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Islam also has Moses as a prophet and also believes that he received the ten commandments from Allah on top of Mount Sinai.

Christianity does not have sole ownership of the ten commandments.
Where Islam fails miserably is when Mohammed decided to pick up the sword with three options to non-followers... Convert, pay for transgressions, or be killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Wow, such an unhinged letter because of one cartoon showing the fake Christian that your hero is. No wonder the paper didn't print it. Trump supporters are such snowflakes.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Lets be honest, you definitely did not write that letter. The letter, for the most part, has proper sentence structure and is at the very least understandable. If you wrote that letter, why do you intentionally write incomprehensibly on this board?

Old 08-09-2018, 01:11 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What did they expect them to do with your rant? Publish it for free on the front page?
Certainly. As we've learned from the Alex Jones brouhaha, conservatives have a right to have their viewpoints published using other people's platforms.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Another one that believes this is a Christian nation and was founded upon a particular religion.

Praise The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
You may keep watching CNN and reading your NYT for you to experience happily Berlin 1930 if that's what you like. Open your home front door to the Imams to come for your daughters' clitoris curtailment in cold blood,.....if that's what you want. You have called me monster spaghetti because that is the most extraordinary object your mind is capable of processing.
I wonder how a thread like this remains open.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I wonder how a thread like this remains open.

Likely no one has complained. That being said, it is a real thing that happens quite often in Africa and parts of the Middle East. It's not related to religion but more of a tribal thing. Here's some reading if you want to get really angry:

Female genital mutilation

Old 08-09-2018, 04:41 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Editor:
There is no need for you to apologize for your paper's outrageous political cartoon of August 6th, in which a maniacal looking President Trump is pictured holding two tablets with your own corrupted words of the Ten Commandments. The reason? Your publication is already totally supportive of the Radical Left and its partner, Radical Islam that have both attacked Christianity and Judaism, religions that hold these words inscribed by the Almighty as the basis for our present freedoms.

Your total lack of reporting of the beheadings by Muslims of Christians and your obvious pro-Palestinian terror- anti-Israel stance is obvious to the community. There is no reason for you to cease such journalistic fraud for you have no reason to fear any physical attack on your offices from one of us. We will peacefully do the right thing and that is to cancel our subscriptions to your paper.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I assume this is a letter you wrote, and that you are angry because it did not appear on your local paper's editorial page.

I will not address the content of your letter, but I would point out that, at least when I was working in the print media, we received far more letters than we could have published. I have worked at two papers, and this was true of both of them.

Actually, now that I think of it, I will address the content. Your chances of being published would have been far better had you been more concise, simply saying that you were displeased with the cartoon, and would no longer be subscribing. As I said, space on a newspaper's editorial page is limited, and overly verbose letters rarely make the cut, unless they are point-by-point discussions of some current story, supported by facts. "You suck, but we won't hurt you because we're good and you aren't" does not meet that standard.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Editor:
There is no need for you to apologize for your paper's outrageous political cartoon of August 6th, in which a maniacal looking President Trump is pictured holding two tablets with your own corrupted words of the Ten Commandments.

I suspect they agree that there is no need for them to apologize.

Quote:
The reason? Your publication is already totally supportive of the Radical Left and its partner, Radical Islam that have both attacked Christianity and Judaism, religions that hold these words inscribed by the Almighty as the basis for our present freedoms.

Funny how multiple people have now pointed out that the paper in question does nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Your total lack of reporting of the beheadings by Muslims of Christians and your obvious pro-Palestinian terror- anti-Israel stance is obvious to the community.

Nope. Looks like the community is fine with them, its only you thats frothing at the mouth about nonsense.

Quote:
There is no reason for you to cease such journalistic fraud for you have no reason to fear any physical attack on your offices from one of us

Oh wow, nice subtle reference to the recent attack on news folks. They absolutely have reason to fear it. Its like you're going on about "nice news office you have here, shame if something were too....happen to it. Because thats what they get from your bit here. We've seen gunman shoot up news rooms lately. No wonder they did not feel like posting your nonsense.
Quote:

. We will peacefully do the right thing and that is to cancel our subscriptions to your paper.

Or you could have just done that instead of taking the time and effort to write a letter filled with rambling untrue nonsense.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
It must have been one hell of a cartoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies