Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,386,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The natural rights crusade. Go live where there aren't civil and criminal laws and you can respond to 'force' however you like.
We are trying to civilize you folks. That's all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,606,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The natural rights crusade. Go live where there aren't civil and criminal laws and you can respond to 'force' however you like.
That little tap she did as she was walking away, to which I didn't believe she intended to hit him. He started coming at her the same time as she did it. Anyway, once she did that, he should have returned to his store and call the cops to file a police report.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:43 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,172,263 times
So much for that business.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:44 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Was she done violating the NAP too?

See that purse on her shoulder? Maybe the turn away was done to produce a weapon from said purse?

Do we know? No, because the victim ended her.

And that my friends is how the NAP works. You don't violate it. If you do, your victim will decide when his safety is restored.
I don't know. well, all i can say is that she walked away. If her hand gesture means more than one thing, then I must be ignorant about it because it does not look like she tried to "hit" him.

I can understand that the man was frustrated with the situation. I am sure it was not a pleasant conversation between the two. Did he overreact? I think so.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:47 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,984,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know. well, all i can say is that she walked away. If her hand gesture means more than one thing, then I must be ignorant about it because it does not look like she tried to "hit" him.

I can understand that the man was frustrated with the situation. I am sure it was not a pleasant conversation between the two. Did he overreact? I think so.
It wasnt a hand gesture, she pushed him, which is a violent act. Nobody has the right to put their hands on someone else unless its in reaction to the same.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:49 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,728,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/male...221119278.html
It looks like she hit him FIRST.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
It wasnt a hand gesture, she pushed him, which is a violent act. Nobody has the right to put their hands on someone else unless its in reaction to the same.
She did? well, I am not saying you are wrong, but my family has several retail stores in the mall, I've seen many kinds of body languages, and that "gesture" is a common one. lol I interpreted it as "I am done arguing with you, and stop talking." lol It is rude, and annoying for sure, but does it mean that she tried to "hit" him? I don't think so.

I doubt she tried to "hit"him. It is more like an accident in my opinion.

I do believe the assault charge is a little bit excessive.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,984,913 times
Quote:
She did? well, I am not saying you are wrong, but my family has several retail stores in the mall, I've seen many kinds of body languages, and that "gesture" is a common one. lol I interpreted it as "I am done arguing with you, and stop talking." lol It is rude, and annoying for sure, but does it mean that she tried to "hit" him? I don't think so.

I doubt she tried to "hit"him. It is more like an accident in my opinion.

I do believe the assault charge is a little bit excessive.
You don't need to have stores to see physical contact. Its there and the intent was to show physical power over him, period. That was not an accident. If she tripped and fell into him or tried to brace herself, that would be an accident, you are just grasping at straws here. She intentionally and voluntarily made physical contact with him in a way to express her anger. If that were me, I wouldn't have hit her back, but I can promise you her wrist would have pretty quickly ended up twisted behind her back until she told me she was going to leave.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You don't need to have stores to see physical contact. Its there and the intent was to show physical power over him, period. That was not an accident. If she tripped and fell into him or tried to brace herself, that would be an accident, you are just grasping at straws here. She intentionally and voluntarily made physical contact with him in a way to express her anger. If that were me, I wouldn't have hit her back, but I can promise you her wrist would have pretty quickly ended up twisted behind her back until she told me she was going to leave.
well, like I said, I am not saying you are wrong. I am only saying that looks like a hand gesture to me.

A woman used the exact same hand gesture on me. It was very rude and annoying, but I don't think she tried to "punch" me or "hit" me.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:59 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
Quote:
well, like I said, I am not saying you are wrong. I am only saying that looks like a hand gesture to me.

A woman used the exact same hand gesture on me. It was very rude and annoying, but I don't think she tried to "punch" me or "hit" me.
She jabbed him in the neck. You could kill someone like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies