Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:25 PM

29,533 posts, read 22,801,559 times

Advertisements

Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/male...221119278.html

Quote:
An upsetting video of a beauty supply store owner punching a mother in the face is burning up social media.

The viral recording, which surfaced Monday, shows a man identified by police as Changseok Jun, owner of Jun’s Beauty Supply in Tulsa, Okla., punching the woman outside the store Sunday after her child pocketed a small item as the family was walking out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 07:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,430,041 times
Ugh.

Another thread fail as the Statists don't understand the non-aggression principle.

The woman initiated contact first. Violation of the NAP.

Game over. Goodnight. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:12 PM

17,387 posts, read 11,370,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ugh.

Another thread fail as the Statists don't understand the non-aggression principle.

She shoved him, and then he punched her. She started the physical altercation and he finished it. Some people think they can physically assault some one else and have no repercussions. This seems to be happening more and more with women for some reason as there are numerous similar stories. Maybe it's because they think they can hit or shove a guy and just walk away with a smirk on their face. Hope she and her son both learned a lesson to keep their hands to themselves but I doubt it.

Last edited by marino760; 08-13-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 08:32 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,938,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She shoved him, and then he punched her. She started the physical altercation and he finished it. Some people think they can physically assault some one else and have no repercussions. This seems to be happening more and more with women for some reason as there are numerous similar stories. Maybe it's because they think they can hit or shove a guy and just walk away with a smirk on their face. Hope she and her son both learned a lesson to keep their hands to themselves but I doubt it.
Yeah but he got assault charges she didn't.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
I kind of agree with the two posters (on twitter) who said

A:

That's really the question we should be asking? Not why she felt she had a right to hit that man in the first place?

B:

Alyssa Conn
@aconn2

I rewatched this and I think you have a valid and fair point. However, I do think the response was disproportionate and done in retaliation, not to protect himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only judge based on what I've seen here, it looks like she has done arguing and walked away. I don't think she "tried" to hit him, the man got a little bit too defensive.

Punish him for assault seems a little excessive in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:06 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,616,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ugh.

Yep, she smacked him first. That was unwise.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,616,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/male...221119278.html
Black people forget that Asians have zero guilt or pity on them. Or fear of being called racist for putting one in their place if they're asking for it. They don't care.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,004,453 times
She initiated the aggressive contact, why would anyone feel bad for her getting the same in return?

Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 PM

11,347 posts, read 11,102,045 times
Good thing it was just an Asian salon owner and not a cop. That could have ended much worse. These people can't seem to understand why they end up on the bad end of things. Look no further.....

Old 08-13-2018, 09:14 PM

5,086 posts, read 2,297,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yep, she smacked him first. That was unwise.
The punch was definitely a greater physical reaction than was called for, but the story also said she threw the keychain. Is there some reason she couldn't have handed it back to the guy like most others probably would have when they realized their child had done something wrong? Sheesh. Looks like the kid was young enough that they didn't fully understand, but mom could even let it be a teaching moment and had the kid give it back. But no, why do that when you can turn it into a fight instead and show your kid how not to behave. SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies