Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:34 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,965,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Well adjusted men don’t hit a woman who just gave them a mild shove.
Well adjusted people don't hit. Period. Gender is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 05:36 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,564,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Nope, she’ll do it again. It may sound “racist” or whatever, but black women have a hard time controlling themselves when they get angry, and many of them think they have the right to get in people’s faces. I’ve seen it many many times.
LMAO, another dumb statement has found a friend.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,890,538 times
Quote:
Sometimes there are two wrongs.

Maybe hitting women is your style.
No it isn't, nor is allowing anyone, male or female to hit me. Women wanted equality, equality also includes responses to physical assaults.

If a small man takes a swing at me Im not going to say oh hell it's just a 5'7 man, he gets a pass. Why should women feel entitled to the free pass?

Old 08-14-2018, 05:39 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,890,538 times
Quote:
Who got charged!
What caused the man to throw the wimpiest punch in history? The woman laying hands on him first. I guess it all depends where you are from. Where Im from both would have been charged with disorderly conduct and assault and rightly so.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:47 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,908,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What caused the man to throw the wimpiest punch in history? The woman laying hands on him first. I guess it all depends where you are from. Where Im from both would have been charged with disorderly conduct and assault and rightly so.
That was a pitiful punch.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
No it isn't, nor is allowing anyone, male or female to hit me. Women wanted equality, equality also includes responses to physical assaults.

If a small man takes a swing at me Im not going to say oh hell it's just a 5'7 man, he gets a pass. Why should women feel entitled to the free pass?
The strength of women and men is far different. Hitting a woman at the slightest provocation is your style. You just admitted it

Old 08-14-2018, 05:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Did you not see the video? It was a little kid, couldn't have been more than 5 or 6. It's common for kids to take things without permission.

Anyway, both "adults" should be charged with assault. There was no excuse for the lady to start it, and what the dude did was clearly not just self-defense.

What any good parent would have done was scold the kid, made him give it back and apologize, and apologize to the store owner personally. My kid would have gotten a swat on the behind as well.

She did exactly the opposite and began to attack the man, when he was clearly right. Hope she learned a lesson out of this, but I doubt that she did.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:53 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
But what does race have to do with any of this?

The video showed her hitting him first. He defended himself. This double standard bull**** of women hitting men with no consequences needs to stop. And before anyone says men shouldn't hit women, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think anybody should hit anyone else regardless of gender.
She barely touched his shoulder and yes, she shouldn't have touched him at all. Still, a closed fist punch to the face in response ? Come on, woman or man, excessive. She turned and walked away. It was over.

Possibly on the plus side, the children had a lesson in keep your hands to yourself.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Recently, on Netflix, I have watched many Asian movies and series. What strikes me about their cultures is that they do lay hands on those that they feel need physical correction. I do not know if this is simply for the program or movie? But it appears it may be cultural trait? Many of those Asian programs have been from South Korea; possible it is more ingrained in one culture than another?

I am not arguing right or wrong; that will be up to the law or court.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:57 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,908,534 times
Quote:

There's usually a big difference in strength if you use the same amount of strength on a woman vs a man to protect yourself then you're a sadist. His wimpy punch was in retaliation of a push.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies