Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 02:38 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No it's not, nobody has punished or silenced Brennan, he's still 100% free to speak his mind and speak out against the President. He doesn't need security clearance to do that.

Again I have never said anywhere that Brennan is silenced. Nowhere.
I have never said that he is not still 100% free to speak his mind and speak out against the President. I have never said he needs security clearance to do that.

Do try to keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 02:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Thousands of people use their clearance to gain other employment prior to or upon leaving government service. It is a huge plus for a company to hire an employee that has undergone the full review and only pay to keep current.
Sure people do that, but it's not something that's guaranteed to anyone. Occasionally people lose their clearance because they do something questionable and that's what took place in this case. Brennan doesn't seem to be having trouble picking up work these days. the left wing media loves him now that he openly hates Trump.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:39 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
If I were in Brennan's shoes, I'd be whining, too, I suppose.

After all...the only thing Brennan had to sell (his security clearance) has now been lifted for his own misbehavior.

That's gotta be painful for him, knowing that through his own ill-considered words and deeds, he canceled the only meal ticket he had.

Intel does nt whine. They are brave men and women who don t flinch. You re thinking of President Trump. Who whines when those who commit crimes against America are brought to justice. Like Capone. Like Flynn Like Manafort, like soon his Son and son in law. I love it.

Victory lap.
This kind of American happily takes a place on the top of a hit list or gets sent to the front of Trumps kill list.

Brennan would never sell his security clearance that is ridiculous and projection of a traitor ... who is backing the traitor who puts America up for sale. Trump sold out America days into his Presidentcy with the Moscow invite into the whitehouse and a door slam in the face of Americans. Keeping out the press is keeping out America. We cant be there. The press can and tells us what is going on. He is a hate filled person that should nt be in charge of anything. He is the greatest coward to sleep in the ****e house.

Every time TRUMp bashes the press as the enemy of the people he is projecting his hatred for Americans.

ANYONE who votes for him hates America. For whatever reason, whoever votes for TRUMP, in the future, in any way shape or form, at this point in time, with all that is known...hates their own country and their fellow man. Because that is who Trump has revealed himself to be.
He didnt do it at my house, but he did it LIVE ON CAMERA OVER AND OVER SUCH THAT IT WAS TRANSMITTED INTO MY HOUSE. His hatred into my face and into the ears of my children is unforgivable.

The cowards in his party that wont get him out until they have filled their pockets will pay the price in time with their reputation. History books , history books. No one will download a Trump National Library lol twitter size lol.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:41 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sure people do that, but it's not something that's guaranteed to anyone. Occasionally people lose their clearance because they do something questionable and that's what took place in this case. Brennan doesn't seem to be having trouble picking up work these days. the left wing media loves him now that he openly hates Trump.
Of course. Because the DOJ did nothing to Brennan for lying under oath is the only reason he still had it. Shoulda been gone.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Security clearances are often cancelled. However, it's usually done quietly, without a President braying about it, making it into an insult or punishment.

However, the reason that good people often retain their status is so that the current staff can easily turn to them in a crisis. This is particularly crucial with Trump, who has been so lax about hiring competent staff - or indeed, about hiring staff in general.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Again I have never said anywhere that Brennan is silenced. Nowhere.
I have never said that he is not still 100% free to speak his mind and speak out against the President. I have never said he needs security clearance to do that.

Do try to keep up.
I don't need to try keeping up, I seem to understand this better than you ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
This is an issue much bigger than who has a security clearance and who doesn't.
This is about Trump abusing his office to punish those who oppose him. This is what dictators do. We don't live in a dictatorship - yet.
This has nothing to do with Brennan being punished, there is no justifiable reason for him to retain his security clearance at this time because it doesn't benefit the country. The President has the right to end that clearance, no matter what any left winger believes.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:43 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Security clearances are often cancelled. However, it's usually done quietly, without a President braying about it, making it into an insult or punishment.

However, the reason that good people often retain their status is so that the current staff can easily turn to them in a crisis. This is particularly crucial with Trump, who has been so lax about hiring competent staff - or indeed, about hiring staff in general.
I do not see anyone in this administration turning to Brennan for anything, even before he opened his mouth. There are plenty of others available.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Brennan isn't "good people" and if the President ever decided that Brennan could be of help to the US he could be given clearance at that time. It's up to the President and his staff to decide and they decided he shouldn't have clearance. The left will just have to find another source for their data.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Has this EVER happened before - that a CIA head was so concerned about the danger to the country that he spoke out so negatively about a sitting president?

Thanks, great post.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I do not see anyone in this administration turning to Brennan for anything, even before he opened his mouth. There are plenty of others available.
Exactly, it's been made very clear that most of the people involved in the previous administration have no desire to help the current admin so what's the point of allowing them to maintain their clearance? A lot of the folks we're talking about have gotten us into wars and other situations over the years, perhaps we could find better than this very small group of cry baby leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies