Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:02 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Obamacare was such a great deal, millennials would have signed up for it. They didn't. They correctly deduced that they were being reamed to pay extra to pay to cover others. Before Obamacare, their risk-based premiums, copays, and deductibles were significantly lower than Obamacare was requiring them to pay.
You still have yet to provide any backing for this assertion.

You're also ignoring the fact that the ACA allows children to stay in their parents' policies until age 26.

And you're ignoring the fact that, historically well before the ACA, young people just didn't buy insurance in huge numbers.

Enough of this nonsense! People in their 20s never did buy insurance, and now the ACA says they don't have to until they're 26. Gee ... ... I wonder ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 01:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
I heard that the newest Obamacare premiums are much lower in 2019 thanks to the tinkering around the edges that the Trump administration as been doing. So that's some relief until the Congress does an overhaul

Old 08-20-2018, 01:18 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard that the newest Obamacare premiums are much lower in 2019 thanks to the tinkering around the edges that the Trump administration as been doing. So that's some relief until the Congress does an overhaul
Any link?

Old 08-20-2018, 01:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Any link?
I was in my car and Rush was reading off the stats for the past few years to compare but I don't remember where this was from. Should be google-able
You should sign up on the White House official website to receive emailed updates. There are quite a few articles in the Health category as well.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:43 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
Trump’s “tinkering†has done nothing but increase premiums.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:37 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You still have yet to provide any backing for this assertion.
Everyone knows Obamacare failed because millennials didn't sign up to pay for it. Are you dense?

Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
I was in my car and Rush was reading off the stats for the past few years to compare but I don't remember where this was from. Should be google-able
You should sign up on the White House official website to receive emailed updates. There are quite a few articles in the Health category as well.

That would be something!

I was surprised as heck when my wife's premium didn't significantly rise in 2018.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:53 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We have regulations without Kefauver Harris. So did Europe when Americans were dying thanks to Kefauver Harris
Tell us which European regulations you would like to see in the American drug market please...

Old 08-20-2018, 03:03 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Everyone knows Obamacare failed because millennials didn't sign up to pay for it. Are you dense?
Nope, are you?

Ah, the last stab by someone who can't back up her assertion. Thanks for the chuckle! I'll stop laughing when you show me some specific evidence. Geez, I hope the law is not your chosen profession.

What is plainly documented, by the insurance industry, is that young people don't buy insurance in the same numbers as older adults. That applies to all types of insurance, not just health care. That is a historical fact.

Did some folks in their 20s take a pass on the Marketplace? I'm sure some did; I doubt their numbers were high enough to tank the ACA (which, BTW, hasn't actually happened). But how many tacked onto a parent's policy, and how many wouldn't have bought insurance anyway, no matter what?

Old 08-20-2018, 03:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Ah, Rush and Trump WH...the "best" news sources......

Health Care costs:
https://www.businessinsider.com/obam...y-state-2018-3

"Obamacare premiums increased between 2017 and 2018, according to a new study.
The average cost of the cheapest silver-tier plan increased 32% across the US. Gold-tier plans saw a 19.1% increase."

All Trump is doing is the usual....

1. Chaos in the markets so companies cannot plan properly.

2. Signed legislation so granny and all seniors will have to pay much more....but, for political reason, that doesn't take effect for a few year.

and....mostly....

3. Is making it legal to rip people off again - that is, to sell them policies that don't meet the basic standards.

Hey, I have a care with 120K miles on it to sell you. It will cost you less than a newer car. In fact, you can probably buy a car with 200K on it and save even more!

Oh, not only have health care costs been going up (this is expected), but MILLIONS are without insurance that had it in 2016. By the end of his "plan" Trump intends to throw 13+ million off....and I'm sure costs will continue to go up regardless.

Let's see - less, for more. What a deal. This the better and cheaper health care for all that Trump promised. I heard him say that. No doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies