Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 02:16 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
"Enjoy every sandwich"

- Warren Zevon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 02:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
What an incredibly thought out and well reasoned response.

I bet that is what reaction is going on in Dear Leaders head right now, actually.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:18 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Michael Cohen has reached a plea deal. Is he cooperating with the corrupt Mueller probe ?

I wonder what that plea deal looks like.

Michael Cohen to plead guilty, face jail time as part of deal with federal prosecutors | Fox News

Yesterdays link and a little background.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-taxi-business
The "corrupt Mueller probe". Hahaha. You are a funny guy.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:22 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
"Enjoy every sandwich"

- Warren Zevon
"Send Money, Guns, and Lawyers. The **** has hit the fan."

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
The "corrupt Mueller probe". Hahaha. You are a funny guy.
Dems are used to bend over comedy . I do stand up comedy.
Here I'm just putting out the facts for consideration.
I'll work on the comedy when I'm done watching CNN and getting that material.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Worth reminding folks, Michael Cohen also served as Deputy Finance Chairman for the RNC.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:23 PM

639 posts, read 249,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wow. you sincerely believe that the main reason trump picked kavanaugh was so he couldn't be held accountable...... and that's a good thing in your book.
Main reason no...big part of it yes. As I said there was MANY other more conservative judges to pick from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Woah! Folks are saying Michael Cohen is not cooperating, he's only pleading guilty for a lesser sentence.

Michael Cohen will plead guilty to bank fraud, tax evasion, and campaign finance violations. Looks like he will serve anywhere from 7-11 years in federal prison. Donald Trump will not pardon him because Cohen would be forced to testify and not plead the fifth, so I guess he's willing to serve a decade of his life to protect Trump.

Either that, or like Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen fears for his safety and the safety of his family if he were to cooperate.

Wow, so it's possible that TWO people close to Donald Trump will be found guilty (one by trial, one by plea deal) of multiple federal charges on the same day.
Ha! Good. Another one the deep state can't get to flip.....must suck eh?

Old 08-21-2018, 02:24 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
I'm sure there have been some shady Trump transactions when he was a businessman, but there is absolutely ZERO collusion.
... and you know this how?
Quote:
If the DOJ goes after Trump for a real estate transaction done improperly done 10 years, or some hush money paid to hookers, all hell will break lose. Yes, that is THE definition of a witch hunt.
There is some indication that the condos Trump has been selling to foreigners for cash is a method of money laundering. Trump has been awash with cash since the big banks cut him off. If he has been laundering dirty money from overseas that is serious criminality. These connections could be a motive for betraying the nation and undermining the political process.

The Special Counsel team has several people who specialize in investigating organized crime and financial business crimes. I think there must be some reason they need that sort of talent on the staff.

Cohen, of course, was handed over to the Southern District of New York, because his major crimes are not related to the campaign and his finances were apparently not a motive for political crimes.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:26 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So yet again. A whole bunch of hoopla, millions of tax dollars spent, and not one thing found wrong involving Trump and Russian collusion.

Told you so.
yeah - now let's call that $90 million dollar parade back on to celebrate!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:27 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree.

This cluster of issues around Trump is far more serious than Watergate, it is a much bigger political crime. This Trump interregnum has all of the elements of financial corruption plus betrayal of the nation.

Those people claiming that this is nothing have put party before country and they are a disgrace.
you have it absolutely backwards. no one is saying this is nothing. people living in the real world who use their brains want the laws applied evenly and fairly with no political bias involved. The whole Trump "investigation" and investigations into people he has known is totally biased and even the judge in the Manafort trial said so. It is dems and liberals out on a witch hunt who are seeking anything to appease themselves in support of a child-like reaction to losing an election. 100% vindictive effort on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies