Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't understand the question. You're a Trump cultist who thought Trump would win, like all Trump cultists. How is that remotely relevant or interesting?
Don’t get drawn into that nonsense.
It’s just the standard deflection offered when cornered by inconvenient truths, like the fact that two of Trump’s closest cronies, both of whom have been all up in the president’s business, are both facing prison sentences.

It’s the debate equivalent of “la-la-la-la I can’t hear you.”

Just meaningless chatter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Mikey will be singing like the proverbial "fat lady".
He was warming up long before he got there. This is going to be interesting.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, it was you who made it personal, just like you do now with this personal attack..

I get why you are upset that not one thing was found my Mueller on Trump. That must gripe your ass given the response. But no need to start calling people "cultists" because you are unable to handle reality. And the rest of us know this without having to have it filtered through your real media too.
If you aren't one of Mueller's attorneys, you have no idea what he has. If you are, you'd better not let him know you're leaking info on a public board.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Nothing like taking a victory lap at halftime....
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
I can hear it now, Trump on Choen: "I barely knew the guy, believe me".

Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
The noose has got a nice tight fit now. Trump’s fixer is getting fixed and Trump is sweating bullets. Get ready for a tweet sh!@ storm from Agent Orange.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Maybe not today, but he certainly could in future.

“The plea agreement does not call for Mr. Cohen to cooperate with federal prosecutors in Manhattan, but it does not preclude him from providing information to the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is examining the Trump campaign’s possible involvement in Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign.

If Mr. Cohen were to substantially assist the special counsel’s investigation, Mr. Mueller could in the future seek a reduction in his sentence.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/n...imes&smtyp=cur

When did the NYT pass the bar exam ? Are they teaching law in some Ivory League college ?

None of the writers of the link had a law degree but I suppose they can play lawyer on the internet.

Last edited by phma; 08-21-2018 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 02:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Don’t get drawn into that nonsense.
It’s just the standard deflection offered when cornered by inconvenient truths, like the fact that two of Trump’s closest cronies, both of whom have been all up in the president’s business, are both facing prison sentences.

It’s the debate equivalent of “la-la-la-la I can’t hear you.”

Just meaningless chatter.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:10 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Lots of folks going to jail for what people were saying is a "nothing burger"

Maybe we can go back to hearings and investigations over birth certificates, Benghazi and *** stained dresses so Republicans can show us what real investigations are about.

I don't really care if this goes to Trump or not. Only Muller and his team knows where this is going to go and the public will see when the time is right.

The fact that Republicans were instantly screaming this was nothing, after decades of nothing investigations and we have people going to jail only shows they weren't interested in anything other than partisan bull****.
I agree.

This cluster of issues around Trump is far more serious than Watergate, it is a much bigger political crime. This Trump interregnum has all of the elements of financial corruption plus betrayal of the nation.

Those people claiming that this is nothing have put party before country and they are a disgrace.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree.

This cluster of issues around Trump is far more serious than Watergate, it is a much bigger political crime. This Trump interregnum has all of the elements of financial corruption plus betrayal of the nation.

Those people claiming that this is nothing have put party before country and they are a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies