Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 08:38 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Can you please substantiate this? Because from what I'm reading, it is not against any rules or laws to pay someone with a nuisance claim. And if it is, the majority of Congress should prepare for
legal trouble.
Quote:
Cohen, once seen as one of Trump’s most loyal advisers, admitted Tuesday to violating federal campaign finance laws by arranging hush money payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal “at the direction” of then-candidate Trump during the 2016 race.
Trump blasts Michael Cohen over plea deal, praises Manafort | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 08:41 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Trump is on Twitter panicking again.....such a lovely sight to see.

Every time I see him on Air Force One... Such a lovely sight to see

Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Marc Levin:

"Let me give a few examples to help people understand this, especially the American people. Let’s say, I wrote these down. Let’s say a candidate had said we owe vendors a whole lot of money. We’ve had disputes with them. But I want you to go ahead and pay them. I’m a candidate, I don’t want all this negative publicity.

So he says to his private lawyer, you pay them, I’ll reimburse you, get it done. Is that illegal? It’s perfectly legal.

Yet according to the prosecution of the Southern District of New York it’s paid at the direction of the candidate to influence the election. Yes, Mr. Prosecutor, how stupid is your point? It’s not a crime.

More, let’s say that this candidate settles a lawsuit that was initiated before he becomes a candidate. And he says to his personal lawyer, I want you to pay, settle that lawsuit. You can use my corporate funds, my private funds, whatever it is. That is perfectly legal, too.

The prosecutor would say, but that influenced the election. So what? There are certain things you do that influence an election that are legal and certain things you do to influence an election that are illegal.

Let’s say a candidate gets a non-disclosure agreement from a disgruntled employee, and he wants to quiet that disgruntled employee as he goes into the election. He pays the funds out of his pocket or through his corporation. Perfectly legal.

Nothing here was spent out of the campaign. Nothing was done with the campaign or to the campaign. This is exactly what the federal law is.

And Mr. Lanny Davis had his client plead guilty to two offenses that aren’t offenses that the prosecutor insisted were offenses. That’s why he is no good. That is Michael Cohen against Donald Trump."

Transcript from "Hannity"

Old 08-22-2018, 08:44 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Trump has enough of a base to threaten the average Republican House member in November. They (republicans) suspect that the House will flip in November so they will gratefully let the Dems. take on the task in January. If the Senate flips too, Trump will then be in real trouble.
This is what the Republicans are running on.

Have seen it mentioned on the news several times now. Vote for Republicans or the Democrats will impeach Trump.

Though why the House Democrats would try to impeach Trump is anybody's guess. It would die in the Senate as the Constitution requires a two thirds super majority to convict and evven the most optimistic do not imagine the Senate being two-thirds Democratic in January. So why bother?

Better to hold hearings and sponsor investigations until every Republican is exposed for their role in this criminal and corrupt endeavor.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:44 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Every time I see him on Air Force One... Such a lovely sight to see
Only if he were fleeing the country for sanctuary in Russia.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Which would be illegally obtained and not able to be used in court. Sorry.
Nope. In New York, only one party has to give consent for conversations to be taped. They are all completely legal and admissable. Google it.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:46 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Never Trumper Mueller and his band of angry Democrats are just trying to give the Demonics an excuse to impeach Trump if they win the Congress back. If the Dims don't win the congress back, the investigation of the Russian Collusion Delusion paid for by Hillary is over.
So, just for kicks and giggles, care to name the band of angry Democrats? Trump hasn't, but maybe you can.

Bet you won't.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:47 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Marc Levin:... "Hannity"
I quoted Fox News you quoted Fox Opinion. The final determinant is the court of law and we see what they have determined. Why would Cohen have pled if Levin's spin was anything but that?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:48 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I don't do Twitter...
Any posts???
Dum Donny has tweeted five times already this morning. More of the same. Paranoid psycho babble.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...56443985084417

Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Mueller is Comey's best friend and his mission has been to make Trump pay for firing the big fat liar Comey and he hired 13 butthurt angry Democrats to help. But this faux Russian collusion delusion paid for by Hillary and finalized in Andy's office to depose the President comes to an end unless the Demonics win the Congress and Senate back which ain't gonna happen. That's why Mueller's taken the tack of you hurt my friend, now I hurt your friends.
Care to name the "13 butthurt angry Democrats"? And besides, I thought Trump says it's 17. But I'll accept the name of the 13.

Bet it won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies