Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:10 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes.

Nor is it taxpayers' responsibility to pay for Sandra Fluke's recreational sex.
The girl got married, goes to college has an $800 Iphone yet her husband cannot afford a box of $10 condoms once a month.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakin View Post
the girl got married, goes to college has an $800 iphone yet her husband cannot afford a box of $10 condoms once a month.
tmi

Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
tmi
You know, when you go on nationwide TV and complain you can't afford basic birth control you need to be able to defend yourself.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:19 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The funny thing is, as crazy as this process has been so far, it's nothing compared to how nuts it will be if Trump gets to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I have a pretty vivid imagination but I can't even picture how crazy that would be.
I hate decisions that Supreme Court decisions often tend to show political bias .... and that has often become the case. I follow SCOTUS.blog, which really has the best news on anything Supreme Court and follows all cases. It's a sad situation when speculation of the decision is based on "Liberal" Justices vs "Conservative" Justices - when it actually should be on the LAW and the Constitution. Sotomayor hurt the Court - NO Justice should be on the Supreme Court that has so many Decisions over-turned by that same Court. Any Judge can be appealed and overturned - that is what the US Supreme Court is all about .... but so many, and so many that were very controversial should disqualify a Judge from the Highest Court in the Land.

Balance needs to be maintained on the US Supreme Court in my opinion - which is why IF President Trump has to opportunity to appoint a replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsberg - I would like to see him nominate Merrick Garland. Even Brett Kavanaugh wrote that Garland would be an excellent choice for the US Supreme Court.

Balance

Old 09-07-2018, 09:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The girl got married, goes to college has an $800 Iphone yet her husband cannot afford a box of $10 condoms once a month.
This is very representative of leftist thought. In their minds, they should be able to spend their money on whatever they want and have the rest of us pay for their services, including birth control and their abortions.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:23 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
This is one of the things I love most about Leftists -- They have such a wide knowledge of all things and such certainty about everything.

2019 United States Elections

Who knew that the Governor's Elections in Kentucky, Louisiana & Mississippi, the Legislature Elections in 5 States and the Mayor Elections in 14 Cities ...... would keep the President of the United States from Nominating a new US Supreme Court Justice if there was a Vacancy?

Goodnight KNEW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Ignorance is bliss...
I sometimes wonder is there something in the water the Leftists drink?

Ignorance is NOT "bliss" -- it's dangerous. We can laugh about it, and we do - but at the end of the day there are so many people who believe such ridiculous things that are totally un-true .... BUT they absolutely believe this stuff. It's dangerous.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I hate decisions that Supreme Court decisions often tend to show political bias .... and that has often become the case. I follow SCOTUS.blog, which really has the best news on anything Supreme Court and follows all cases. It's a sad situation when speculation of the decision is based on "Liberal" Justices vs "Conservative" Justices - when it actually should be on the LAW and the Constitution. Sotomayor hurt the Court - NO Justice should be on the Supreme Court that has so many Decisions over-turned by that same Court. Any Judge can be appealed and overturned - that is what the US Supreme Court is all about .... but so many, and so many that were very controversial should disqualify a Judge from the Highest Court in the Land.

Balance needs to be maintained on the US Supreme Court in my opinion - which is why IF President Trump has to opportunity to appoint a replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsberg - I would like to see him nominate Merrick Garland. Even Brett Kavanaugh wrote that Garland would be an excellent choice for the US Supreme Court.

Balance
Can't rep you again but your post makes good sense. Certainly if not Garland, a moderate would balance things out.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:36 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Considering Harris is a partisan hack who is perfectly willing to lie in order to further her bid for the presidency, I'm going to hold on that shoe dropping.....
All true but you failed to address the point that Kavanaugh was being evasive and purposely not answering a simple question.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:42 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I sometimes wonder is there something in the water the Leftists drink?

Ignorance is NOT "bliss" -- it's dangerous. We can laugh about it, and we do - but at the end of the day there are so many people who believe such ridiculous things that are totally un-true .... BUT they absolutely believe this stuff. It's dangerous.
Yet here you are discussing the details of a non-existent standard based on a speech from 1992, yes definitely something in the water and it sure got to Grassley and McConnell. I was just making fun of the GOP new found interest in Biden but no I don’t believe but no I don’t believe they will adhere to this supposed rule again.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Corey Booker , the drama queen, is NJ voter's gift to the senate.

CB is delusional and confused his theatric role of Spartacus with US senator. He lost touch with reality and adlibbed the threatened death of senator much to the director's dismay.

The guy is a tool and NJ voters love him, as is their tradition.

While obama was a hologram, booker still can't that state of theoretical reality.

The dems are demonstrating their insincerity with, well, stupid questions. Blumenthal, who lied about his military service, came across as a close 2nd to CB as a total fool. BK ate his lunch big time without trying.

Talk about incompetence and fit for office, several of the dems gave a convincing argument why they should resign their positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies