Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If she "hadn't wanted to put herself through this"-she could have gone to Trump, informed him of her allegations and he might well have pulled Kavanaugh's name from consideration. Any interviews could have been done in private (as pointed out in the hearings today should she have agreed to let investigators interview her in at her home). Then she would never have had to testify.
Do you really believe that? LOL

2,873 posts, read 2,061,531 times
Latest rumor? Brett was naked with three nurses shortly after his birth. Dems are demanding an investigation. Film at 11.

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, the vote happens tomorrow.
Which likely signals they have the votes.

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Her lawyers have said they are working pro-bono.
Pro-bono in the sense they are not charging their client. Silly to think there is not Soros or DNC money flowing into the picture.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Pro-bono in the sense they are not charging their client. Silly to think there is not Soros or DNC money flowing into the picture.
I always chuckle when Soros is brought up.

Conspiracy theorists on the Internet seriously overstate his influence.

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If you were accused of something you did not do you might react the same. I probably would. What evil acts have been proven to be true?
And that is WHY it would have been a great defense to ask/beg for the FBI to investigate and prove you were right--
Because everyone who knew him would say what a Boy Scout he was
That he really didn't have rowdy house parties w/o chaperones and with liquor-not just beer
That Mark Judge is man enough to tell an FBI agent to his/her face that the Barf Kavenaugh in his book wasn't based on Brett Kavenaugh's drunk escapades in prep school
That Mark Judge wasn't sick at seeing Christine Ford walk into the Safeway he worked at shortly after Kavenaugh and Judge assaulted her in that bedroom
That he wasn't a belligerent drunk at Yale

If NONE of those things occurred then I certainly would want the FBI to clear my name and put Christine Ford in her place as a dirty liar...

Can you imagine how the other justices--even Gorsuch and Roberts are going to look at Kavenaugh if he wins the vote and shows up his first day...
The ONLY one that might be glad to see him is Clarence Thomas...
He is going to be SHUNNED because he has shown he can't keep his cool, that he has a vindictive streak just like Trump, his master, and that he is going to taint any decisions that he is a part of...
his diatribe doomed him in the eyes of many of the judges--even Roberts's I think--not just the women...

Just wait for history's vote on this --

PS---and Gorsuch knows Kavenaugh--knows what he was like at Georgetown better than anyone in that committee. Hearing..
Gorsuch is going to be in position of real power over Kavenaugh...scary...
I bet that hasn't ever happened on the court before...

1,885 posts, read 3,402,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The ABA just pooped their partisan drawers big-time, if that is true. More than likely, it is more fake news, or perhaps CNN is reporting is something different than this.
The only one who considers CNN fake is Trump, that is until they report something positive about him, then they’re legit!

It is crystal clear to everyone that Kavanaugh’s nomination needs to at the very least be delayed until these allegations have been looked into. Hell even Allen Dershowitz agrees; that in itself speaks volumes.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him | Fox News

Old 09-27-2018, 10:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Nope. Numerous rape victims have weighed in on this and every single one say that they remember every detail. They believe Professor is lying.
So in a thread asking for facts, you give us opinions by other people? Their beliefs don't make facts.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And that is WHY it would have been a great defense to ask/beg for the FBI to investigate and prove you were right--
Because everyone who knew him would say what a Boy Scout he was
That he really didn't have rowdy house parties w/o chaperones and with liquor-not just beer
That Mark Judge is man enough to tell an FBI agent to his/her face that the Barf Kavenaugh in his book wasn't based on Brett Kavenaugh's drunk escapades in prep school
That Mark Judge wasn't sick at seeing Christine Ford walk into the Safeway he worked at shortly after Kavenaugh and Judge assaulted her in that bedroom
That he wasn't a belligerent drunk at Yale

If NONE of those things occurred then I certainly would want the FBI to clear my name and put Christine Ford in her place as a dirty liar...

Can you imagine how the other justices--even Gorsuch and Roberts are going to look at Kavenaugh if he wins the vote and shows up his first day...
The ONLY one that might be glad to see him is Clarence Thomas...
He is going to be SHUNNED because he has shown he can't keep his cool, that he has a vindictive streak just like Trump, his master, and that he is going to taint any decisions that he is a part of...
his diatribe doomed him in the eyes of many of the judges--even Roberts's I think--not just the women...

Just wait for history's vote on this --
Kavanaugh would demand an investigation to clear his name if he had nothing to hide...period!

Old 09-27-2018, 10:02 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, just as I surmised this was a complete waste of time crap show. Nobody knows anything more than they did going in which is EXACTLY what the FBI would've ended up with. This hearing didn't prove a DAMN thing and that's a fact. Given that there's no reason for the nominee to proceed.

The only thing we now know for certain is the Democrats love the sounds of their own voices and proved once and for all to those who are independents/moderates/conservatives that they are vile, vicious little people who will destroy families and fire up a carnival side show to get what they crave which is POWER and/or their own way.

One thing I found out is that Di-Fi is the same old skank that she was when I knew her as SF mayor, good to know that she provided the attorneys and set all this crap up for Ford to step right in to. What a piece of crap...
I didn't know Kavenaugh was so vicious and partisan. He is a true Republican . Loves to bully. His wife must have PTSD too. And he s gonna have all lady clerks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies