Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:01 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

As usual, the Democrats' only concern is whether they stay in power, not "listening to women who were raped".

The good news is, people are starting to realize just how duplicitous and hate-filled the Democrats are. This will bode them no good in the future.

---------------------------------------------

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36389...aign=position1

Bill Clinton Rape Accuser Juanita Broaddrick Crashes Kavanaugh Hearing, Slams Dems For 'Biggest Double Standard'

by JOSEPH CURL
September 27, 2018

Juanita Broaddrick, who accused former President Bill Clinton of raping her before he was president, crashed the Senate hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday, ripping Democrats for what she called “the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen."

Broaddrick addressed the media outside the Senate building where Kavanaugh's Judiciary Committee hearing was set to take place. She said the accusations from Christine Blasey Ford, who claims Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982 at a boozy high school party, is “no comparison” to what happened to her.

“Because Dr. Ford has no evidence — I had the who, what, when, where and how and had five people that I told, not even counting the woman who found me 30 minutes after the rape with a swollen busted lip, torn clothes and in a state of shock,” Broaddrick said.

“How they can take these accusations and run with them, and laugh at mine for so many years is the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen,” she said. “It makes me angry that they left [Clinton] in office,” she said about Senate Democrats who rejected hearing her allegations.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All her witnesses have denied her allegations. It obviously is all in her silly head. If it did happen, it was not those four people, end of story.
Wrong -- the witnesses have not DENIED the allegations -- they have said they don't recall.

Why is it so hard for people to understand basic concepts these days........

And you can't take what this Judge guy said as credible given his character....go do some research on the stuff he has written about his life in high school.

He's admitted to extensive blackout drinking.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:02 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
So, to the left, SC judges can be impeached...why not go after him then? Why, because once he gets there, this will all fade always, just like it does all the time....

Old 09-28-2018, 10:02 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Fair enough. So why haven't we heard from Mark Judge yet? Why no real investigation of the complaint?
Because Ford STILL has not filed a complaint with the local authorities, who actually DO have jurisdiction. The FBI does not have jurisdiction over allegations of violations of local/state laws.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:03 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
I would totally hire Ted Cruz if I ever needed a lawyer.

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Going back 50 years to justify inappropriate procedures now is lazy and ineffectual in my opinion.

I wonder if we had social media, the media were more aggressive etc...back then if Kennedy would have been able to brush that horrible incident off.
Probably. He was a KENNEDY. The same way the editor of the Washington Post, as well as dozens (hundreds?) of reporters, knew about his brother's peccadillos and ignored them or joined in.

What's amazed me in this thread are the number of people who have no clue of the party culture in high schools through the 1980s into and through the 90s, especially in the DC area. That and the number of people who went to college and never saw partying or anyone drunk or, in some cases, even drinking.

I will tell you how bad the drinking was at the high school where I was teaching in an adjoining suburban DC County during that time frame-we had a breathalyzer at Homecoming Dances and Proms which the students had to use before they were allowed into the event.

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All her witnesses have denied her allegations. It obviously is all in her silly head. If it did happen, it was not those four people, end of story.
Put Mark Judge under oath and allow him to be cross examined.

Allow Julie Swetnick to testify.

Allow the FBI to investigate.

If the party of old men were truly concerned about justice they would do these things. They aren't so they won't.

It cannot be any clearer to anyone paying attention that the party of old men doesn't care about women who have been assaulted. It's why they are able to prop up a serial molester in the White House, and why they have no qualms about putting Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.

The million women march was the preview of what's to come. Enjoy!

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If the dems retake the senate in the midterms they simply won't deal with anyone Trump nominates. A lot of options are off the table for both sides because Feinstein held the accusation until the last minute.
That is if you think they will win the mid terms if BK doesn't get the position. I'm thinking a lot of people were disgusted with Feinstein and company yesterday and will hopefully get out and vote.

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
my heart goes out to women that have been abused in any manner, especially sexually. and i can understand why women dont come forward like they should, they are afraid to for a variety of reasons. and that is sad.

that said, i dont have a problem with women coming forward months, or even years later as long as they have credible allegations, and they come forward in a timely manner. for instance someone announces their candidacy for a particular office, and the accuser comes forward with credible evidence, including witnesses if any, within a few days of the announcement, then lets get going and investigate the issue.

its when a witness comes forward at the very last minute to disrupt things, has no credible evidence, has no clear recollection of things, no witnesses to corroborate their testimony, or even witnesses that say it never happened or people coming forward saying they were the ones that committed the act and that the accused had nothing to do with it.

we always have to be careful when someone comes forward to report a crime. yes it must be investigated, but we cannot jump to conclusions that someone is guilty just because they are accused of something. and the kavanaugh accusations are a perfect example of this. one woman came forward with allegations that any prosecutor would have ultimately dismissed due to not having any evidence or corroborating witnesses.

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
sources say Heather Sawyer, a gay staffer on Fienstiens payroll leaked the Ford letter. that would mean her staff and Fienstien lied in an open hearing about the leak -- and called Ford a liar herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies