Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 04:30 PM

59,061 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
From what I heard, it won't be an open ended investigation but a limited background investigation but centered on these (or just Ford?) allegations. So, that amounts to talking to people and getting statements if that person chooses to talk to them. No one is actually required to do so in these types of background investigations but many times, they do. Basically, it's doing what's already been done which is getting sworn statements from the people involved. My question is what is the scope with respect to the allegations they're looking at - Ford only or the three out there right now?

"(or just Ford?)"

There are only 6 people involved. 5 have already given their statements under penalty of perjury.

Do you think any of them are going to CHANGE their story?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"(or just Ford?)"

There are only 6 people involved. 5 have already given their statements under penalty of perjury.

Do you think any of them are going to CHANGE their story?
Not even remotely. I think this is a waste of taxpayer dollars and just more stall tactics from the Democrats. At this point, it's nothing more than an exercise to give the fence sitters the political cover to vote yes. Democrats will use it to continue to stall and smear and count on it, they'll come out saying more time is needed. I would bet money on it.

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...2008-not-2012/

Friday, September 28, 2018

FORD CAUGHT IN MAJOR LIE? — City Remodeling Permits Show Project She Linked to Kavanaugh Was in 2008 NOT 2012
Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft September 27, 2018 716 Comments
8.0KShare878TweetEmail
LYING UNDER OATH TO THE US SENATE IS A CRIME–

Christine Blasey Ford told the US Senate Judiciary Committee that the memories of Brett Kavanaugh “first came up” when she went into counseling in 2012. In May 2012 Ford and her husband argued over her desire to add “a second front door” to their home. Ford told the committee on Thursday the desire for a second door was because Brett Kavanaugh made her “claustrophobic.”

But there may have been something else…

As Paul Sperry reported on Thursday night. The Palo Alto building permits were issued to Ford and her husband in 2008 — NOT 2012.

Paul Sperry: Palo Alto bldg permit records raise questions about Ford’s testimony she completed an “extensive remodel” of home in 2012 & that this was seminal event that led her down path to coming out against Kavanaugh b/c she needed to add an escape door. Permit was issued in 2008.

More… Ford may have been talking about a addition that they rent out.

We will update this as we obtain more evidence.
I remember a comment she made during her testimony....something about the second door coming in handy re hosting Google interns, as they live near a Google office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Negative. This is not a criminal investigation. No one is looking to change the standard of proof in criminal cases. The courts would not allow it anyway.
"This is not a criminal investigation"

It COULD turn out to be.

There are NO statute of limitations in MD for sex crimes.

There could also be libel charges by Kavanaugh against those that have made false allegations against him.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Since BK worked for George Bush, I'd like to see Bush be active with this and make a personal trip to DC and personally talk with all the Republicans in person and give his support for the nomination.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him make this trip in the next few days,
You don't think the Bush family distaste for Trump would prevent that ?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:35 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where the Hell do you come up with that ? What do you think the FBI does ?
They investigate federal crimes. Allegations of sex crimes (sexual assault, rape, etc.) are under local/state jurisdiction.
Quote:
“At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh,” the department said this week in a statement. “The department recognizes that victims of sexual assault may not want to involve law enforcement and/or initiate a criminal investigation, and we respect that position. The department, however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault.”
State delegates call on Montgomery County police, prosecutor to investigate Kavanaugh allegations - Baltimore Sun

Old 09-28-2018, 04:36 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
His guilt or innocents aside, the guy simply didn't respond in a way expected of his position or intended position.

The show was a giant chess game and the guy lost in record few moves.

Example: The questions repeated prodded him whether he drank enough to pass out. It's obvious were they were going. If he answered yes the next question would have been then is it possible you assaulted Ford and just don't remember?

To this he should have answered...yes. But make no mistake this is not admitting guilt. He should have followed up with just because something is possible does NOT make it plausible and followed up with his impeccable record and character history. Anything is possible when we are unconscious or not aware. Is it possible in the middle of the night that I slept walk, stabbed my neighbor and returned home. Yeah it's "possible", but I never slept walk in my life, nor has anyone witnessed me thereof. The chances of it happening are astronomically small. What we must weigh here is the plausibility of the possibility. We must weigh an entire lifetime of good faith against one vague accusation.

Instead he tried to lawyer his way around questions that muddied the larger perspective. It got cringeworthy. Anyone in the drinking scene in college has passed out drunk. It's a question you simply can't deny or step around.

Good argument.

Yesterday I tried to come up with reasons which would 100% exonerate him.

An extreme allergy to alcohol was really my only idea.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
So far, all her key statements = lie. Her friend even contradicts her as well as all the people there. Therapist notes contradict her. Can't remember a place or time period (of course not because he might have proof he was somewhere else that weekend).

We're going to see she's a kook who's reliving some trauma she legitimately experienced but has been planted it's Kavanaugh.. that's the only explanation as everything else makes no sense. If she has the guts, she would authorize her therapist to be a witness, but I guarantee, key details will conflict with what was stated in her testimony.

" but I guarantee, key details will conflict with what was stated in her testimony"

She contradicted herself SEVERAL time throughout her testimony.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:38 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
WHY wouldn't people want doubts to be assuaged? What is the rush to get this guy in? This is a lifetime appointment--is the desperation so great that it doesn't matter to get someone in who is truthful, that any and all allegations are investigated and properly vetted?
He already has a lifetime appointment. He's been a Federal Appeals Court Judge for 12 years.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:40 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ok, the story is on Fox News and LOL, what spin! Ford never said they were witnesses to the attack, only that they were at the party. They neither confirm or deny the attack.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Ford has four WITNESSES to whom she told of the attack, years before Kavanaugh was nominated.

Furthermore, Kavanaugh LIED at the hearing eight times when he said, "All four witnesses say it didn’t happen.” That is on record and sworn testimony. He's a liar and he's toast.
LOL...what a spin you just put on it....no one said Ford said they witnessed any attack..

Ford claimed she had 4 witnesses that could corroborate her story....all four signed affidavits they had no idea what she was talking about...one even went so far as to inject she didn't even know Kavanaugh

Ford claimed that 4 people were at a party and had first hand knowledge of it...all four signed affidavits stating they were never at any party

Ford saying she had witnesses when she didn't....is lying
Ford saying people were somewhere they were not...is lying
Ford saying people know of something when they don't...is lying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies