Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:43 PM

513 posts, read 472,980 times

Advertisements

Hillary`s Women

The Demos are only going to give Dr Ford more money in the future for lies, to boot another republican out, and Kavanugh in the supreme court who is against abortion , it is a war

Been watching the committee since it began, if Ford hated Karvanaugh that long ago why didn't she bring the lies up when he just became a Judge ? He got another week with the FBI before he can ever get the job, he had the FBI on him all his life

'Hillarys woman' voters are all over the republicans.

The FBI is going to find the four that she claims were there and they all claimed they were never there , unless she gets a girl of the lies.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:44 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,609,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
The fact that dude straight up lied about his drinking yesterday should give everyone pause. He's a liar. What else is he lying about?
How did he lie? Please don’t say he claimed he was legally able to drink like I read people were claiming, because that’s not what he said at all. I distinctly heard him several times mention that the drinking age was 18 and most seniors could get alcohol. That’s very different, and a point I’ve made on this thread days before his testimony. It shows that drinking alcohol at parties was easy to do, and parents didn’t need to provide the liquor. The seniors could do it.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:44 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,845,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You can think whatever you want and maybe I don’t understand what you’re saying. Since this is likely the last post of the night for me, I’ll leave with this. I think Kavanaugh is innocent of these charges. I think his six investigations that cover his entire adult life speak to his character and that he is and has been a man of high moral character. He’s an excellent judge who has been fair, measured, and most important to me, a Constitutionalist. His record absolutely proves he has the right temperament to be a SCOTUS justice. And I don’t begrudge one second of his outrage at the Democrats. I don’t begrudge one second of his emotion at being wrongly accused of a heinous act. I don’t begrudge one second of his being frustrated they were discussing his flipping high school yearbook.

Yes, this IS who I want on SCOTUS. I think he’s exactly the kind of Justice we need on SCOTUS. And my anger at the Democrats is broad, deep, and seemingly never-ending with this issue. What they have done to this man, this process, and this country is so disgusting, so ridiculous, and so horrific, I can only hope they never succeed in any endeavor because flat out, they don’t deserve to. I hope history looks upon them with the same disdain it looks at McCarthy’s deplorable actions.
I echo your feelings of the things being done to this country as being disgusting, ridiculous and horrific. Except I fault Trump and his ineptitude and baseness. His choir boy Kavanaugh is just like him. Of course, in the end, he'll most likely be confirmed. He definitely does not have the temperament to sit on the bench, which was displayed by his actions yesterday. If he were so outraged and angry he should have called for an FBI investigation into these allegations himself. I know I would have had I been in his shoes.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,051,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
He's all grown up now. Still pretty cocky, but should he be confirmed or not confirmed for stupid stuff he did when he was a kid?
Some of the accusations were things he did in college. He was an adult then, not a kid. Even at 17, he was old enough to know what he was doing was seriously wrong, and not just stupid kid stuff.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,845,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Like I said, she's probably very intelligent. She didn't come across as a very intelligent well spoken woman. There's a difference. How many masters I have is irrelevant unless you want to make this thread about my personal education.
Her first statement was how terrified she was. I think she did remarkably well given all the stress she was under.

7,272 posts, read 4,225,763 times
Quote:
This isn't about the composition of the court, it's about the character of the candidate.
You are absolutely deluding yourself if you think this.

20,722 posts, read 16,421,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Right. Because a WOMAN accused him and we dare not question a woman. Looks like he’s not the one that’s unstable...
Ford testified in a very humble manner. Kavanaugh was the one who was above the questioning and talked back and down to the Senators seeking answers, as was their job. He acted out as a privileged man convinced something he deserved was being taken away from him.

8,502 posts, read 3,356,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You can think whatever you want and maybe I don’t understand what you’re saying. Since this is likely the last post of the night for me, I’ll leave with this. I think Kavanaugh is innocent of these charges. I think his six investigations that cover his entire adult life speak to his character and that he is and has been a man of high moral character. He’s an excellent judge who has been fair, measured, and most important to me, a Constitutionalist. His record absolutely proves he has the right temperament to be a SCOTUS justice. And I don’t begrudge one second of his outrage at the Democrats. I don’t begrudge one second of his emotion at being wrongly accused of a heinous act. I don’t begrudge one second of his being frustrated they were discussing his flipping high school yearbook.

Yes, this IS who I want on SCOTUS. I think he’s exactly the kind of Justice we need on SCOTUS. And my anger at the Democrats is broad, deep, and seemingly never-ending with this issue. What they have done to this man, this process, and this country is so disgusting, so ridiculous, and so horrific, I can only hope they never succeed in any endeavor because flat out, they don’t deserve to. I hope history looks upon them with the same disdain it looks at McCarthy’s deplorable actions.
Since you believe as you do, I can appreciate the depth of your anger and certainly agree the process is both flawed and problematic. Admittedly, I know little of his record (other than what I've read on this thread) but I did watch some the Kavanaugh testimony (clips) and did not come away with a particularly charitable take on his behavior.

To excuse it as justifiable anger at mistreatment is not acceptable. This is the SCOTUS we're talking about - not for me the positions it might take but the institution itself.

A while back on this thread I pulled up a Time analysis of the reasons why SCOTUS nominations have done down but won't now take the time to find it. Suffice to say that Kavanaugh did not appear to follow the wise advice that Roberts gave in how to handle Senatorial questioning.

20,790 posts, read 8,625,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
"Ford has 1% indigenous blood...you know what to do"
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
one of them check yes or no love letters for his client?
You guys are so funny.

In grammar school I got a few of those "If you like me check Yes or No" written in pencil on widely spaced, lined handwriting practice paper

Old 09-28-2018, 07:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,896,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nah we've heard that all before.

That reality is that:

a decision you disagree with = legislating from the bench
a decision you agree with = following the meaning of the Constitution
That's because I agree with the original intent and meaning of the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies