Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Right, this is why the foreign born should NEVER be allowed to have ANY job or role in government.

This is a perfect example why...we are now being lectured by a foreigner about how our men should behave, when HER people's men RAPED and MURDERED their way across Asia, and OUR MEN had to go and put a stop to it.
I always ask myself what motivates a person. When I see a female Democrat I expect sexism. When I see non-Westerner Democrat I expect racism. When I see a gentile white male Democrat I expect envy.

That Senator was talking to and about white men.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:14 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't know how my meaning here could possibly be misunderstood. If our goal is to create a society in which men and women are treated equally, why would we tolerate a lower standard of behavior for women in public life? We would never accept a male senator saying "all men, just shut up" and we would not try defend a male tennis player's nasty tantrum in the finals of a major tournament.
Oh please, are your feelings hurt because women are standing up. You guys defend Trump for every nasty comment he makes.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Kavenaugh s good to go I am sure.
He s a document stealing , liar and groper.
But. Someone's gotta put him on the Supreme Court.
May as well be ... another document stealing, liar, and groper.
Clearly he does represent the Republicans.
And always will.
Congratulations on another Win.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:20 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1042412669758828549

This is an excellent point. I believe Dr. Ford is telling the truth.

They do if they know the FBI will not be investigating for lack of jurisdiction. But this subterfuge does provide them cover to play the victim while they besmirch the character of another person purely for political purposes.

Pretending to ask for the FBI to investigate allegations from 36 years ago, concerning matters over which the FBI has absolutely no jurisdiction, and which may not have even occurred at all, is essentially a risk-free gambit for this complainant...as long as she doesn't expose herself to the hazards of having to answer any questions herself, especially not in a public forum.

That's why you'll see her fail the acid test...which is testimony before the Judiciary Committee on Monday, September 24. She will not appear, citing fear for her personal safety or some other such bunkum, and thus her gambit will be revealed for the stinking canard it in fact is.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
People who make up stories don’t ask the FBI to investigate those stories.
people that tell the truth don't refuse to go to the police for 4 decades.

people that tell the truth, doesn't write a letter to the Senator to drop a bomb with no details and no witnesses and can't remember much and asks to be confidential and they don't want to go public.

people that tell the truth, don't talk to the WP and refuses to testify in the Senate under oath about their allegation and refuses to tell their story under oath and demands an FBI investigation when they and their lawyer knows damn well that is not the jurisdiction of the FBI and they already said they won't investigate before they declared that.

normal people don't act like she has conducted herself from her letter and refusing to talk to the Senate under oath in closed doors.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
I understand white men are evil. But this anti white male talking points is going to do more damage than good.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
The judge is willing to answer any questions under oath, open or closed doors.....he doesn't need a lawyer.

meanwhile she, the accuser is refusing to tell her story under oath and answer questions because there is more to this and how she made the letter and all hidden details with the democrats.

her motivation is fair game in the questions and she doesn't want to answer under oath.

the judge is willing to get grilled by all the senators under oath since last Monday including being question by the accuser's lawyer but guess who is hiding from this?

the accuser!!!!

Last edited by Hellion1999; 09-19-2018 at 10:50 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 10:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I understand white men are evil. But this anti white male talking points is going to do more damage than good.
And it's so "true" of their specific race and sex! That's what makes that official proclamation not racist/sexist .

Old 09-19-2018, 10:48 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think what many Democrats don'''t like are men that abuse women
Physically, mentally, financially, or psychologically---
Don't you feel that way?
Or are you ok with men who push women around???
No matter the race of either side...

Personally I didn't like how the Dems pushed Al Franken out of his Senate seat to capture the moral ground when he was guilty of much less grevious behavior than many others who refused to step away...
Like Ellison. Why hasn't he been booted out of Congress, yet?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Democratic party likes men just fine.

But the women in the Democratic party do not like sexual abusers. And women are flocking to the Democrats now. For them this is a cause as big and potent as suffrage once was.
There's no evidence whatsoever of the allegations against Kavanaugh. There's plenty of evidence including recordings of 911 calls, etc., against Ellison. Guess which one the Dems are going after, and which one the Dems have given a free pass?

That'll make great campaign ads! Let's see how women really feel about the Dems ignoring the abuse of women...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies