Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:09 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

I'd much rather a Supreme Court judge, a person who has lived a full life and had a misstep in their youth and matured into a thoughtful and fair person, than someone seemingly perfect who lived their entire life as a saint. And it seems that Kavanaugh partied as a teen, then didn't turn into a womanizing alcoholic adult. And most teens had awkward encounters with the opposite sex with misread signals. And actually, I've found that men who are really polite and sensitive to a woman's needs are usually considered "nice guys" that women never are interested in dating. For whatever stupid reason, women are more attracted to "bad boys" aka alpha males. So that might have been Ford's problem at that party. Either that or she was very gullible when she accepted that invite to the party with four boys and no other girls present. And Kavanaugh was never a bad boy alpha type but his friend Mark Judge seemed to be more of the ringleader of the group.

Anyway, I am sick and tired of liberals wanting to go back in time and judge people back then by TODAY'S moral standards.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
^^Lame attempt to minimize attempted rape by calling it normal.
But it IS NORMAL!!! Unless a woman is grossly unattractive and covered in puke, she will always attract unwelcome sexual overtures. Especially in a party or bar situation where alcohol is involved and there are without a sexual partner lined up for that night. And even more especially if that man is from a macho culture where his manliness is rated by how big his d1ck is and much of a successful player he is.

And speaking of obnoxious mottos, I really hate when a guy turns down a flirtatious female, then his guy friends all try to shame him for turning down a sure thing, telling him that "he will always down one" on the player scoreboard.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:32 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know from personal experience why women don’t tell anyone and I will just leave it at that. Men will never understand because they’ve never been through it and can’t possibly understand the emotional turmoil women go through. And this is ignorance
This is actually completely untrue.

Women are more likely to experience being sexually assaulted, but it happens to men as well. And men are even less likely to tell anyone, especially if the perpetrators were female.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.
If her "job" is to derail the confirmation, that makes perfect sense.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:33 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Whose job is it?

Not the person who is being accused....

Old 09-18-2018, 05:45 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
There is clear evidence that Kavanaugh is not a good man.

While working for the Bush administration he was part of the legal team that justified torture, he was involved with documents stolen from Democrats, and he lied under oath about both.

Hard to say what else he was involved with as Republicans are stonewalling the release of the documents.

There's a good chance he lied about discussing the Muller investigation. After tap dancing around how didn't know who worked for Kasowitz' firm, he finally said that no he had never discussed the case with anyone who worked there, indeed he had no idea who worked there.

As luck would have it, he worked with a partner in that very firm years ago and maintains a friendship with the man.

What are the chances he has not discussed the investigation of the century with a friend and fellow attorney?

What are the chances Harris is bluffing when she says she has information that he did?

At the very least, this guy has been involved in justifying torture, and stolen documents, and lies to Congress on a regular basis.

He's not a good man and regardless of whether or he not attempted to rape a girl at a party, he is not a good man and does not belong on the Supreme Court.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-18-2018 at 06:32 AM..

Old 09-18-2018, 05:50 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There is clear evidence that Kavanaugh is not a good man.

While working for the Bush administration he was part of the legal team that justified torture, he was involved with documents stolen from Democrats, and he lied under oath about both.

Hard to say what else he was involved with as Republicans are stonewalling the release of the documents.

There's a good chance he lied about discussing the Muller investigation. After tap dancing around how didn't know who worked for Kasowitz' firm, he finally said that no he had never discussed the case with anyone who worked there, indeed he had no idea who worked there.

As luck would have it, he worked with a partner in that very firm years ago and maintains a friendship with the man.

What are the chances he has not discussed the investigation of the century with a friend and fellow attorney?

What are the chances Harris is bluffing when she says she has information that he did?

The guy has been involved in justifying torture, stolen documents, and lies to Congress on a regular basis.

He's not a good man and regardless of whether or he not attempted to rape a girl at a party, he is not a good man and does not belong on the Supreme Court.

A lot of "what if's" in your statement....would not expect anything different. That's what the left runs with now-a-days.....

Old 09-18-2018, 06:10 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Why would you want a liar and sexual Predator on the SCOTUS? We already have one in the WH.
Simple question.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:12 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Her memory of the incident is probably a lot clearer than his.

At our last high school reunion, a guy who attacked me years ago came up to me and tried to start a conversation.

I couldn't believe it and told him he had a lot of nerve after what he pulled.

He gave me the "What did I do?" routine so I told him.

He had given me a ride home, pulled off at ditch bank, and started tearing at my clothes. I fought him and when he pulled back to regroup, I opened the pickup door and fell out into the dirt.

I started running home and he drove along side, telling me to get back in the pickup, that I was being unreasonable, ... Good grief, my shirt was ripped, I was shaky and scared, and he wanted me to get back in for more of the same? No, thank you.

I ran through a hay field to a girlfriend's house and stayed the night.

I didn't tell my parents. There was nothing legal that would have been done then, or probably now, and my Dad was a distant man with PTSD from WWII. Hard to say what he would have done, but it wouldn't have solved the situation.

He showed up the next Monday at school with scabs on his face like nothing had happened.

It didn't cause me lifelong trauma. Probably because I talked and cried through the night with my friend who assured me over and over that it wasn't my fault, I didn't "lead him on," and so forth.

But I didn't forget.

While he clearly did.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:14 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gh-school.html

I am thinking his entire school should be prohibited from sitting on SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies