Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:35 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Duke LaCrosse team comes to mind. Ruined those young men's lives.

And the UVA rape hoax that cost Rolling Stone millions of dollars (defamation lawsuit). Ruined those young men's lives, as well.

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/deepdive...print-42701166

Some women falsely accuse if they think they can get something out of it.
Those are anomalies.
Can you say Kobe Bryant?

Ms Ford was traumatized by Kav when she was 15.
Happens to teen girls everywhere USA and usually by a family member or friend/ acquaintance.
They speak up and are labled " nuts or **** s"

Orin Hatch labled her sight unseen as " nuts"
He is unfit to represent the USA. He s a Trump- like pig.
He s retiring and has no remorse for the ****ty way he treated Anita Hill. He grins doing it again.

America is watching how Ms Ford is treated.
They should have November on their mind.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:04 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
But this isn't what Dr Ford has presented. Her memory of the details surrounding this event are sketchy.
It may seem sketchy to you, but I'm sure it's not sketchy to her, and as for Kavanaugh, if he was "stumbling drunk" I'd be surprised if he remembers the incident at all.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:33 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It may seem sketchy to you, but I'm sure it's not sketchy to her, and as for Kavanaugh, if he was "stumbling drunk" I'd be surprised if he remembers the incident at all.
Stumbling drunk? link please.

All the woman seems to recall is who allegedly did this to her.

But without corroborating testimony this is a case of he said she said.

Unless someone comes forth to offer testimony supporting Dr Ford then Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

If the dems are serious about such abuse they ought to look into a domestic violence charge brought up against Keith Ellison. Talk about selective outrage by both the dems and the media.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Stumbling drunk? link please.

All the woman seems to recall is who allegedly did this to her.

But without corroborating testimony this is a case of he said she said.

Unless someone comes forth to offer testimony supporting Dr Ford then Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

If the dems are serious about such abuse they ought to look into a domestic violence charge brought up against Keith Ellison. Talk about selective outrage by both the dems and the media.
Ford said she escaped Kavanaugh’s grip when his friend, Mark Judge, “jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling.” Both Kavanaugh and Judge were “stumbling drunk.

The first thing we did was throw a party,” Judge wrote. At one point, a girl asks Judge whether he knew a “Bart O’Kavanaugh.”
“Yeah. He’s around here somewhere,” Judge writes, adding that he “passed out on his way back from a party.” https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ZhL/story.html

Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Have any of you ever had or witnessed a traumatic event as a kid? I have...When I was 11 I watched my dad drown and I remember in great detail the sound of his voice asking for help with the water gurgling in his mouth, the look on his face, the fact that there was an inflated inner tube on the trail to the dam we were fishing on, that for a time I felt guilty for not thinking of while he was in the water...There are many other details still as clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday.....It happened in 1951, 67 years ago....My point is that memories of traumatic events are burnt in and never fade from memory....It is a memory and a nightmare that has stayed with me forever..I believe Dr. Ford.

what does your experience in 1951 has to do with DR. Ford?...you haven't met her, you don't know her, you haven't seen her testified or answer questions about the little details you have read in the news, or look for her hidden motivations....you don't know her mental history or anything but here your are going all the way saying, "I believe her" based on your experience?

that's like a juror deciding a case before it even begins based on his experience and reading the news. You would be disqualified and shouldn't be in any jury.

people tell their truth, people lie, people make mistake of identity or people create their own truth with the years.

I wasn't there in 1982 in a party in a house (if it existed) neither were you.

at least with your dad, there is evidence he died of drowning....there is the body and autopsy and other REAL evidence and you didn't take 37 years to report it to the authorities because I'm sure little details would have change 4 decades later.....with Dr. Ford there is NOTHING to go by, other than her word against his after 4 decades.

everybody has bad experiences in life and everybody dies......don't mix your experience which was an accident with this. Nothing in common.

attempted rape is bad but also being falsely accused of a crime in front of the world and having your reputation tarnished and career destroy and there is nothing you can do. Which I think is 100 time worse than attempted rape.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 09-21-2018 at 03:08 AM..

Old 09-21-2018, 02:51 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Ford said she escaped Kavanaugh’s grip when his friend, Mark Judge, “jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling.” Both Kavanaugh and Judge were “stumbling drunk.

The first thing we did was throw a party,” Judge wrote. At one point, a girl asks Judge whether he knew a “Bart O’Kavanaugh.”
“Yeah. He’s around here somewhere,” Judge writes, adding that he “passed out on his way back from a party.” https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ZhL/story.html
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...dent/23531786/

Old 09-21-2018, 03:05 AM

if innocent people are in prison then people could be falsely accused without a trial....

to say "I believe Dr. Ford" without reading her testimony under oath under questions and without any evidence or witnesses and without you being present in that alleged party in that house in 1982 (if it ever existed in the first place) shows people's ignorance.

I wasn't there......you won't never hear me say " I believe here or him".....I have to go with the evidence, in this case the lack of.

I personally don't like how the Democrats handled this and held this until the 13th hour for politics. I want to know who outed her to the media or if it was Dr. Ford that contacted the WP on her own....because if that's the case there is a contradiction from her letter versus her actions that she has to answer because it goes to motive.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:08 AM

1 posts, read 306 times
This whole affair reeks with dead-rat stink to me and here's why: I was raped at age 13 by my sister-in-law's brother who was 20-21 years old. After raping me he put me back on my horse and told me not to tell anyone or my reputation will be in the sewer and no one will ever marry you. In my culture that could have been true for that period. I came from a fairly educated middle class family and was taught right and wrong, and where to draw the lines. I went home and told my older sister who told my older brother who told my parents. My family supported me through the healing process and the men of the family took care of other business.I can recall that traumatic humiliating event still to this day and am now in my 60s with grandkids. I've lived a fairly happy adventurous normal life. This female accuser can't remember details that is highly pertinent to accusation she is making against this man who is going to be a Supreme Court Judge. She was not from a poor, immigrant, or un-educated family who didn't have a voice (I checked her family history). Just because someone cries wolf doesn't mean there is a wolf at the door. I have over the years seen and heard few females point a finger at completely innocent boy/men and ruined their lives (type of work I did). I have also seen/heard boys/men ruin females lives by molesting, raping, trashing them. Waiting 35-40 years to point a finger at a man in public when never spoken of prior to is in my opinion an act of Jezebel types and we as a people ought to recognize them and nip it in the bud! And if Kavanaugh did it while drunk as a teenager given his age and where he is now and how he has conducted himself all along the way well it speaks for itself. My question is why did she sit quiet for so long? She is a professor in a university so what has she been professing all these years?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:15 AM

she hasn't given any evidence if the house and party ever existed.....let alone prove the judge was drunk and present at the party......she doesn't remember the year, what date, what house, how she got there and how she got home......she can't name anybody that can back up her story of the house and party and she being there.

what's to believe when she can't back up anything. She would make a bad witness in any case.....NO lawyer would put her on the stand....she is unreliable as a witness and she is the only witness to her accusations.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what does your experience in 1951 has to do with DR. Ford?...you haven't met her, you don't know her, you haven't seen her testified or answer questions about the little details you have read in the news, or look for her hidden motivations....you don't know her mental history or anything but here your are going all the way saying, "I believe her" based on your experience?

that's like a juror deciding a case before it even begins based on his experience and reading the news. You would be disqualified and shouldn't be in any jury.

people tell their truth, people lie, people make mistake of identity or people create their own truth with the years.

I wasn't there in 1982 in a party in a house (if it existed) neither were you.

at least with your dad, there is evidence he died of drowning....there is the body and autopsy and other REAL evidence and you didn't take 37 years to report it to the authorities because I'm sure little details would have change 4 decades later.....with Dr. Ford there is NOTHING to go by, other than her word against his after 4 decades.

everybody has bad experiences in life and everybody dies......don't mix your experience which was an accident with this. Nothing in common.

attempted rape is bad but also being falsely accused of a crime in front of the world and having your reputation tarnished and career destroy and there is nothing you can do. Which I think is 100 time worse than attempted rape.
Her honesty was being questioned....You missed my point entirely, which was traumatic experiences are NEVER forgotten. I'll take her word over his since he was living in an alcoholic culture at that time...This has been corroborated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies