Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Mrs ford, where did this happen? I'm not sure
Mrs ford, when did this happen? I'm not sure
Mrs ford, how many people were there? 4 or I Mean 2 my doctor's notes are wrong
Mrs ford, why did the one person you know who said she heard it did happen, say now she cannot validate her story. I don't know.
Mrs ford, why did you not go to the authorities, but wrote a letter to a senator? I'm not sure.
Mrs ford, why will you not file a complaint with the local PD? I'm afraid to fly.
Mrs ford, if you're afraid to fly, why were you looking to move out of the country? Ummmm, I'll have to get back with you...

So worthy of an investigation.
I didn't realize that you are an FBI investigator and have already completed the investigation.

There is a reason the victim requests an FBI investigation. Perhaps she knows that it is a crime to lie to the FBI. Perhaps she knows there are witnesses who will only speak if they are forced to.

One would think that Kavanaugh would welcome an FBI investigation if the results were such as your's.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:34 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Her's and the life of her family has already changed. She cannot unring the bell. If she doesn't testify, she has zero credibility. She has been preparing for this for over a month. She got a lawyer and lie detector in August. Its time to put up or shut up.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, that's what Kavanaugh has been doing. He's been spending hours being rehearsed for the hearing. Are you equally incensed by that?
Kavanaugh immediately responded that he was ready and willing to testify under oath at a hearing. Ford seems to be the won buying time to be rehearsed.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Amazing that people don't know the difference between a presidential election year and a non-presidential election year....
Trump has said that the midterms are an election for him so what is the difference?

Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I didn't realize that you are an FBI investigator and have already completed the investigation.

There is a reason the victim requests an FBI investigation. Perhaps she knows that it is a crime to lie to the FBI. Perhaps she knows there are witnesses who will only speak if they are forced to.

One would think that Kavanaugh would welcome an FBI investigation if the results were such as your's.
Kavanaugh has had 6 FBI background checks. I doubt he is afraid of another one, even though this issue is not in their jurisdiction as it is not a Federal Crime.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:

And why doesn't Kavanaugh's pal Mark Judge consent to an FBI interview? By the way, there's an interesting article on Mark Judge in today's Washington Post. A real piece of work this Judge character.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Staff contacted Mark Judge and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted third person allegedly at party described by Dr. Ford and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted fourth person allegedly at party.

— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) September 20, 2018

The only person who has refused to testify under oath at this point is the accuser, Christine Ford.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:43 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:

One would think they would know that these are already the words of poor dr ford, and her friend...but obviously you've not been paying attention.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Ford's behavior is and has been of someone who is not concerned about being sexually touched at a party once in high school, but rather about derailing the appointment of a Supreme Court nominee who she and her political party - that she very closely associates and identifies with - are opposed to.

And now she is playing blatantly manipulative P.R. games with the Senate Judiciary Committee, who has made extraordinary efforts to accommodate her coming in to testify, and still she refuses to testify. All of the witnesses she has named have testified under oath to the Judiciary Committee and they ALL refute her unsworn story. There is literally zero evidence to support her claims. None.

She is not a trustworthy person and she is working with the Democrats to try to obstruct the confirmation process for a Supreme Court Judge. There is no need to play the fool about what she is up to now. We can all see it with our own eyes. Enough is enough.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Trump has said that the midterms are an election for him so what is the difference?

So, there is a presidential election this year? WOW, coulda fooled me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies