Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 07:47 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
He is not a good man. He started sexually assaulting women at 18. Then exposing himself before the sexual assault. The man is a brazen pervert. He belongs on a park bench somewhere .in a trench coat, not in Judges Robes in the highest court in the land.

It s a given that he and his Party will blame democrats for his downfall. No one listens to that childish whining so typical of these types anymore, and cares.

At least Republicans have finally produced a role model...parents and schools and churches can now say...see Johnny, you 'll always fall short of your dreams if you sexually assault women. Simple as that.
Have you read any of the accounts? They all start the same, I was at a party, I was drunk, very drunk, I can't recall the day or dates, I can't recall who was there, I can't recall what I was wearing, I can't recall how I got there, I can't recall how I got home. BUT I KNOW IT WAS BRETT KAVANAUGH THAT ASSAULTED ME.

I once felt that Ford truly believed this happened to her and perhaps it did in some way shape or form. As of now, after reading numerous eyewitness accounts from the now multiple accusers, some of which have sworn affidavits that they are telling the truth in regards to Ford I believe they are all registered Democratic operatives, at least one is a "Never Trumper" and they are all full of crap. None of the Fors witnesses back her story up. Some of her witnesses are lifelong friends too.

If this was a court of law it would have been laughed out of the court and the judge would have admonished the prosecutor and the police for bringing such a weak frivolous case.

Last edited by LGR_NYR; 09-23-2018 at 07:57 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 07:49 PM

988 posts, read 682,425 times
The fact that it is two people now changes my opinion. Honestly, I really dislike Kavanaugh, so I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go down. But the evidence of this second allegation seems weak too. Will she testify?

Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times
This gent Kavanaugh, must be the slickest dude around.
Never any witnesses it seems.
He should start robbing banks for a living.lolYou

Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
No. That is what a researcher does
That is what the FBI might do
You must not get out much if you don't know that if you want to find hidden information/informants you have to SEARCH for them
Did you not read or see in the movie "All the President's Men", Woodward/Bernstein tracking down people to give them information about the Nixon White House and Watergate????

Get a clue...
The fact is if the voters were willing to research like Avanatti or Woodward/Bernstein then we wouldn't have Trump as POTUS...
Lady, I have forgotten more than you know. You don't think a law firm has interns working the phones, or paralegals sifting through documents, yearbooks and other papers to dig up research on people? What's wrong with you? And don't PM me again asking me to stay on topic. It's harassment. I don't care about your personal life.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:51 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
There is a picture floating around that is supposedly Ford in High School - supposedly taken by a classmate - of her naked and passed out on a picnic table surrounded by beer bottles. Sure looks like her.
Seems Blah-zeee is the nasty one here...

Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
The fact that it is two people now changes my opinion. Honestly, I really dislike Kavanaugh, so I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go down. But the evidence of this second allegation seems weak too. Will she testify?

Your opinions should do some reading then.

13,701 posts, read 7,979,859 times
In a statement, two of those male classmates who Ramirez alleged were involved in the incident, the wife of a third male student she said was involved, and three other classmates, Dino Ewing, Louisa Garry, and Dan Murphy, disputed Ramirez’s account of events: “We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

The former friend who was married to the male classmate alleged to be involved, and who signed the statement, said of Ramirez, “This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.” She said she hadn’t spoken with Ramirez for about ten years, but that the two women had been close all through college, and Kavanaugh had remained part of what she called their “larger social circle.” In an initial conversation with The New Yorker, she suggested that Ramirez may have been politically motivated. Later, she said that she did not know if this was the case.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...eborah-ramirez

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
More women starting to come out with more issues with Kavanagh. Reports out that he exposed his Johnson to a woman. Avenati (Stormy lawyer) says he has some clients who want to get involved.

Looks like he has lied again.
What I don't understand is why he is putting his wife and family through this ? He is if nothing else all about himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You know what, at this point I say sure - just as long as they subpoena her scrubbed social media pages.
People conveniently forget that Ford's social media footprint and yearbook footprint vanished overnight. The media totally ignores it.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:54 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I don't think anyone's going to testify regarding Kavanaugh. He's toast. Expect his nomination to be withdrawn Monday. Republicans in congress will drop it quickly. They'll blame Democrats and move on to another nominee asap. They won't want to talk about Kavanaugh any longer after he's no longer a nominee . The Republicans don't want Kavanaugh's stench to taint them, although this already has taken place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies