Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,087,796 times

Advertisements

Such B.S. Grassley spent an entire week trying to get Dr Ford to testify, daily accomodating her dithering. Why bother with facts, when innuendo will do the trick, right?

Who delayed?

Grassley: We'll hold the hearing a week from now, Monday.

Ford: Oh no, I can't possibly.

Grassley: Oh, how about Wednesday.

Ford: Oh no, I can't possibly.

Grassley: Then or not.

Ford: Oh no, I can't possibly. Maybe, Thursday.

Grassley: Accept our invitation by...

Ford: Maybe, Thursday. But with some very specific conditions, like....

Ford: I guess so...

24 hours later, the newest #metoo finally recalls enough 40 year old memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
No wonder republicans and the slimy GOP kept pushing up Ford's deadline on Friday:

The republicans have known there was a second accuser since Thursday!!!

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/sta...34131783536640

Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 AM

13,722 posts, read 9,061,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It won't matter who the pick is, the left will trot someone out that will say something happened 30+ years ago, then everyone will believe him/her...rinse and repeat from the left....

One would think the Democrats would have done such for Justice Gorsuch. But, they didn't, and he was confirmed with all Republicans, and 3 or 4 Democrats, voting for him.

Sometimes a cigar is simply a cigar.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:48 AM

46,404 posts, read 27,262,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
The White House staff supposedly knew about it last Wednesday which some say is why Trump had been relatively quiet on the issue

Get that from an anonymous source?

Old 09-24-2018, 06:49 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,108,879 times
Question: If the republicans vote to confirm later this week, are they calling Blasey Ford & the second accuser liars?

17,411 posts, read 11,400,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Would it surprise any of you to know that me and my business partner called this last week? I knew there would be a new claim either this past weekend or the beginning of the week. Because this is straight out of the playbook. I'm sorry, but when this stuff gets this predictable, you have to wonder just how authentic any if this is. I mean look, I know so many of you were against Cavanaugh from the start, so to you this is just wonderful news. Just as it was planned and intended to be. Oh, and doesn't it just make it even better that the latest accuser is also fuzzy on the details. Amazing how these women can only remember who the person was who supposedly victimized them, but can remember no other details. Thus rendering it impossible to do any real trinvestigation using information like dates and locations. For all we know, Cavanaugh was home visiting his family with dated photos somewhere to prove it, so giving dates or any other specific information could be detrimental to these women,s claim. Thus, the hazy memory. Gotta love these scripted plays by the democrats.
Many people saw this coming, not just with the second allegation but also with the first. Those of us that have been around for a few years know quite well the Dems have no limit on how low they will go to get what they want especially if they and their liberal philosophy are threatened.
We've seen this before not only with Supreme Court Justices but with elections in general. The good thing about Trump is that no matter what the left accused him of, it made little to no difference to the voting public.

9,884 posts, read 11,024,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Is Kavanaugh is the best nominee the Republicans and the Federalists could come up with?

Can hardly wait to see who the back-up candidate is. He/she must be a real winner.

What makes you think there will BE a "back-up candidate"?
What highly qualified judge would allow his or her name to be placed in nomination, given what is going on now? IMO, with all the unverifiable accusations flying around these days, that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. For sure, if I were qualified, and trump asked me to take on those fools in the Senate, I would reply "Not just no, but H E L L NO!"
This "MeToo" climate we live in today is also why I will not allow myself to be alone with anybody other than my wife and sons. Babysit some kid, relative or not? No way, not a chance! Run for any elective office? Oh, no, never happen. I probably would not win anyway, and I'm not a good enough liar to be any kind of a politician.
When (not if) the Democrats manage to get a President elected, they will quite likely learn that what they have done these past few weeks will come back to haunt them. Yeah, one of those immutable facts of life: What goes around, comes around. Revenge is sweet. Karma works. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! Et Cetera.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:50 AM

17,411 posts, read 11,400,669 times
Quote:
Question: If the republicans vote to confirm later this week, are they calling Blasey Ford & the second accuser liars?
I hope they do, but they don't have the guts to call them that to their faces.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:51 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,543,125 times
Quote:
They'd be saying that there was no proof of their allegations and that unsubstantiated claims (that anyone can make) is not a legitimate to hold up a nominee.

7,270 posts, read 4,237,646 times
dem playbook 101. they know Ford's story won't hold up and she probably won't testify so they bring out another salacious allegation last minute.

hope this backfires on them big time.

22,974 posts, read 27,103,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The FBI could go back and look into this if so directed, what’s the harm. Let’s stop making believe that the GOP and Trump actually want to find out the truth. They almost went to a vote last week until the reality how this is being viewed by the public. They will approve him and claim she is lying no matter what comes out, same as Anita Hill.
So, to follow your line of thinking, what's the problem with Ford going to the local PD and filing a complaint and let the PROPER authorities look into her claims?

Why is it so damn hard for people to wrap their minds around doing things the CORRECT way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies