Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,749,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
AS for this point, if we are going to hold every stupid thing the candidate did as a child/college age then I will say there probably will not be that many good candidates on either party. EVERYONE has done some stupid things. EVERYONE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Most of us never tried to rape anyone. We respected it when a girl said "No."
This. ^^^ There are stupid things people do in high school and then there is turning up a stereo to drown out screams while holding your hand over a girl's mouth and pinning her to the bed while you grope her.

Those allegations go way beyond "every stupid thing the candidate did as a child/college age."

Old 09-24-2018, 12:22 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,049,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NO, no it is not.

The fact that he did not document his "rape" parties does not suggest he is innocent, it suggests he his lawyers have no witnesses who support him.
I find this statement ironic as thus far, it's the only evidence in existence that even documents that time period. Remember, she has no witnesses to support her. You could say he does as the people she claims were there are all denying that to be the case.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:23 PM

23,949 posts, read 12,753,648 times
Quote:
NOPE, but we get it, many on the right would love to have the 4th estate suspended for Trump's term but to allow FOX and other right wing outlets to spread their lies unfettered....
"Says a source briefed on Trump's thinking"

How ridiculous.

11,046 posts, read 5,290,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If moderating these forums (I don't mod P&OC, btw) was on the same level with being a Supreme Court Justice, I'd agree that your claims should be investigated, even if I did know that in 1982, I was in 8th grade and didn't even live in the same town as you. So, yeah...

I think people who claim they were assaulted should at least be given the courtesy of an investigation.

so the burden of proof on allegations on Supreme Court nominees should be a lot lower than yours and the rest of Americans?

we have a statue of limitations..........if the FBI and the Maryland police can't investigate this and all of the people the accuser names contradict her story and denies it, what do you want the police to investigate?

She can't even bring this to civil court.

you don't know me, I could accuse you of anything, 36 years ago......you were in 8th grade? so!!! you raped me, you touched my private parts, you forced yourself on me.....no one can back up my allegations, not even my longtime friend.....should we have the FBI investigate it?

Should we suspend you from here as a moderator until you prove your innocence and the police investigate my claims......we can't have alleged rapists as moderators here.

1,280 posts, read 1,400,067 times
Quote:
The fact that he did not document his "rape" parties does not suggest he is innocent, it suggests he his lawyers have no witnesses who support him.
Absent a conjoined twin, how could anyone have a witness that they were not somewhere at an unspecified date and time?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:24 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I still can't understand how any reasonable person doesn't agree that a formal FBI investigation is the best and only way to truly find the truth, or at least find out who is lying.

A "he said/she said" later this week will not tell us anything. One side (democrats) vehemently defend and believe Ford. The other side (republicans) vehemently defend and believe Kavanaugh.

This is an incredibly politicized situation, and who better than the unbiased, non-partisan FBI to investigate and release a formal report on their findings?

Can anybody make a reasonable argument against that?
The same FBI that Hillary blames for her election loss?
The same FBI that had to fire 2 employees based on their constant Trump bashing?

I don't know, sounds like regardless of any results of an FBI investigation, each side will already have their taking points and deflection ready.

22,974 posts, read 27,068,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Kavanaugh is not an ordinary person applying for an ordinary job. He is being confirmed for one of the most important posts in our country; his decisions on the SCOTUS will affect our lives and the lives of our children and grandchildren for decades, if not centuries to come.

For that reason it is absolutely essential that every allegation or observation about this man's character be scrutinized in the greatest possible detail. It is a no-brainer that every effort is made to clear Kavanaugh, so that every citizen can be confident that he has the requisite values to be a Justice of the Supreme Court. It's hard to believe this is even being debated.
Even IF Ford is somehow or in some way partially correct about what she claims the question one has to ask oneself is "Are you the same today as you were in High School"? For those who are older than say, 35 and grown up it SHOULD be a resounding NOPE.

The second question one has to ask oneself is "Is there anything in his ADULT life that points to anything like what Ford describes"?
Nope...

Of course if your a rabid left ideologue those questions won't even resonate or break through the TDS noise...

9,837 posts, read 4,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It is far more evidence than either accuser has provided.

I suggest you look up what evidence actually is berdee. Because you seem to not understand the concept.

evidence is what you submit or state and is not ruled out by the judge. Maybe you guys need more time to research this before continuing with it.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The same FBI that had to fire 2 employees based on their constant Trump bashing?

I don't know, sounds like regardless of any results of an FBI investigation, each side will already have their taking points and deflection ready.
so you are saying the FBI should no longer investigate backgrounds?

really ?

or do you mean the FBI should not be involved when it might expose someone you support.... hmm i am thinking that is what is really going on here..

Old 09-24-2018, 12:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,068,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

How's about where the investigation SHOULD be and that's with the LEO's who have jurisdiction? Why is it that people are soooooo afraid of that? Trot her arse on down to the PD and file the damn accusation if she's so sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies