Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 02:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You ought to cease posting, period. All of these #metoo posts are too convenient, too easy and too anonymous. As I told the other aggrieved poster, all like out of a playbook.
I think you should probably take your own advice. People are on here asking why nobody comes forward.

Read your post. There's your answer.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:55 PM

25,454 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Why not pushing for her to file a police report? Isn't that the proper path? I don't understand why police reports are not filed by some of these victims. Not saying she had to do it day 1, but even now, file that report. A police report is a very good way to have some credibility, as it puts legal responsibility on the victim because if it didn't happen then she has now committed a crime by filing a false report.

While not as high in frequency, I can 100% guarantee you that your pet bad guy, the white man gets plenty of discrimination too.
Many victims in the past were not believed when they went to the authorities. We've got a long way to go before victims of sexual assault are comfortable doing that. BTW, I don't have any pet bad white guys.

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Talk to me when drunk women start raping drunk men. And if that's happening, and I'm not saying it never has, then the men need to come forward as well.
Great. So should we now encourage men to make up sexual abuse and harassment allegations against women without any supporting evidence to verify or substantiate those allegations?

Are you ok with a random man coming forward and claiming that you touched or spoke to them flirtatiously or inappropriately at sometime in the past causing you to lose your job and basically make you unemployable for the rest of your career even if it's just based on his word?

Are you agreeing that and saying that it's ok?

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
But you're forgetting something. Kavanaugh has just as much right to demand justice and he should especially being accused the way he is. It's like some of you are so willing to overlook the ramifications to Kavanaugh in your rush to believe Ford even though she has zero evidence, zero corroborating witnesses, and her timing is suspect. Maybe that's unfair to her but how is what she's doing to Kavanaugh fair to him?
Let's see what happens on Thursday.

It isn't fair if it's untrue. If it is true, it is fair. I guess we have to pick a side to believe and I lean toward Ford but we will never know for certain what happened.

I'm not sure if you are saying even if it is true, it is unfair to Kavanaugh because of lack of evidence. I know some people feel that way and talk about forgiveness and his age at the time. I don't think that should stop her from telling her story.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
But you're forgetting something. Kavanaugh has just as much right to demand justice and he should especially being accused the way he is. It's like some of you are so willing to overlook the ramifications to Kavanaugh in your rush to believe Ford even though she has zero evidence, zero corroborating witnesses, and her timing is suspect. Maybe that's unfair to her but how is what she's doing to Kavanaugh fair to him?
He absolutely does. Let's get on with it. Through investigation, including witnesses and evidence. Lie detector tests all 'round. That would be a start.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Why not pushing for her to file a police report? Isn't that the proper path? I don't understand why police reports are not filed by some of these victims. Not saying she had to do it day 1, but even now, file that report. A police report is a very good way to have some credibility, as it puts legal responsibility on the victim because if it didn't happen then she has now committed a crime by filing a false report.

While not as high in frequency, I can 100% guarantee you that your pet bad guy, the white man gets plenty of discrimination too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many victims in the past were not believed when they went to the authorities. We've got a long way to go before victims of sexual assault are comfortable doing that. BTW, I don't have any pet bad white guys.
Its like you completely ignored what I said. Whats stopping her from filing the police report today, yesterday, last week, last month, two months ago?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yeah, my sister's name was trashed through the mud...and in the end, the POS (our "father") who did it to her was sent to prison. I'm proud of her for standing up and enduring all of that. THAT is how you advocate for females.
Some of the very few women I know who went through all that did it when they had a father who molested them and they also had sisters who were in danger of being molested.

Most women who are molested or raped by people outside their families avoid the person who did it and avoid letting anyone know they were raped or molested.

People treat you differently once they find out and not in a good way.

I did have a college roommate whose dad molested her for years. Used to make her perform sex acts on him before she was allowed to go out on dates.

She finally told her therapist when she thought he was about to do it to her younger sister. He fled the country and her mother didn't believe her.

He eventually returned and confessed. He'd already gotten to one of the younger sisters, but not the youngest. The mom felt pretty stupid and it screwed up her whole family.

I am floored at moms who don't believe their daughters.

If moms can think their daughters are lying, imagine what strangers think.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:59 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Correct, people who knew about it and knew exactly what had happened right afterwards. Of course the people at the party laughing about it would deny it happened.
Exact ly.
Mark Judge, Kavenaughs accomplice who turned up the music so no one would hear MsFords screams and interrupt their party on her...would of course have no memory of the event and besides wasnt there.

And Republicans being themselves, figure thats good enough as under oath for them.
Vote them off the planet...while there is still time.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Great. So should we now encourage men to make up sexual abuse and harassment allegations against women without any supporting evidence to verify or substantiate those allegations?

Are you ok with a random man coming forward and claiming that you touched or spoke to them flirtatiously or inappropriately at sometime in the past causing you to lose your job and basically make you unemployable for the rest of your career even if it's just based on his word?

Are you agreeing that and saying that it's ok?
No of course not. And it shouldn't just be Ford's word. She has a corroborating witness that the judiciary committee refuses to subpoena. There may be others for all we know. Or there may be witnesses on behalf of Kavanaugh. I think lie detector tests are a good start too. Let's get all ALL out in the open. ALL.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:01 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Some of the very few women I know who went through all that did it when they had a father who molested them and they also had sisters who were in danger of being molested.

Most women who are molested or raped by people outside their families avoid the person who did it and avoid letting anyone know they were raped or molested.

People treat you differently once they find out and not in a good way.

I did have a college roommate whose dad molested her for years. Used to make her perform sex acts on him before she was allowed to go out on dates.

She finally told her therapist when she thought he was about to do it to her younger sister. He fled the country and her mother didn't believe her.

He eventually returned and confessed. He'd already gotten to one of the younger sisters, but not the youngest. The mom felt pretty stupid and it screwed up her whole family.

I am floored at moms who don't believe their daughters.

If moms can think their daughters are lying, imagine what strangers think.
What does this have to do with Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court? You are hjacking the thread with this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies