Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Democrats are attempting to derail Trump's presidency by creating chaos. It's embarrassing that they have sunk to this contemptible level of using the issue of sexual assault by making false accusations and then hiding behind the "women are victims" facade as protection against being called out on their strategy.

For a forum member here to bring up that he or she was molested as a teen and never told a parent or trusted adult is irrelevant to this chaos. While sad and disturbing, it has no bearing on this national disruption being caused by these character attacks, and to bring such a comment into this thread illustrates how irrational liberals are being about Trump and Kavanaugh. This is about a Supreme Court nominee who is being targeted with lies simply because he is Trump's choice.

The Liberal war on men will backfire on them. Even some liberals have male relatives. This lying and scorched earth tactic on derailing Trump will negatively affect all the women who are involved in this. Americans are watching how liberals are lying and conveniently ignoring facts that would disprove Ford.
I'd believe you if the same thing happened with Gorsuch. Where were his accusers? There were none.

And... Trump has always had accusers, even before he was POTUS. He paid them off.

So, Trump and his cronies reap what they sow.

What's terrible about investigating this, exactly? You want a molester on the Supreme Court as long as he's a Republican?

Ugh... seriously?

Again... point out the accusations of molestation against Neil Gorsuch.. he was also a Trump nominee.

You cannot because there were none.

I may not agree entirely with Gorsuch, but I am satisfied that he's not unfit to be on the bench.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
I just saw a clip of a Kavanaugh interview (maybe they play the entire thing tonight) in which he said he looks forward to the opportunity to defend his integrity. He looked as if he was fighting not to cry.

I feel sorry for him, his wife, and his kids. He has been crucified in the liberal media, and people are already calling him a rapist.

If he is forced out, the Democrats will double down on this type of behavior for the next nominee, unless we go with a) a woman, and b) a moderate likely to serve as a swing vote. It makes me all the more determined that we seat a conservative.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Don’t be opportunistic. I’m not asking why people don’t come forward. Won’t. You want that, in order to shape the conversation, manipulate it. Whether someone was or was not assaulted has zero to do with the merits, credibility or believability of an 111/2 hour sneak attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think you should probably take your own advice. People are on here asking why nobody comes forward.

Read your post. There's your answer.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:36 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
In every crime. That's how our judicial system works. How do you not know this?
Pogue is doing a parody of a wacko true believer.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not trying to be contrary here but understand something. Why would you not want that person stopped so he couldn't do the same to others? Isn't your silence doing so?
Do you think 14yo girls are thinking about that sort of thing or do you think they believe that person just did it to them?

If this person had had a daughter, I would already have spoken up, but he only had a son and I think he did what he did to me because he had the opportunity. He's only 3 years older than me.

He married a wife who was actually a year younger than me the first time around.

And, I don't say anything because of the family dynamic, really. That, and he apologized years later, after I pointedly told him he was lucky I never told anyone about that.

I think he feels some degree of remorse. So, there's the answer to your question.

But, you do realize you put me in a position where I, as someone who was molested, now is responsible for keeping other girls from being molested instead of the actual molester NOT MOLESTING.

Sigh.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Would you do it if he had the same views as you?
Well, I'd know he didn't have the same views on molestation as I do, so yes... I would.

I have mentioned it here before... I never voted for Bill Clinton. Not once.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:39 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
This as you probably know is not how Congress or any organization operates. The only outcome to changing the rules of organization is political advantage. Anything else is again, manipulation in order to gain advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I should think a full inquiry with Congress convinced, after hearing testimony, that he definitely did not do this would suffice.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:40 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It seems that a few people in this thread really want to use an inflated statistic about false rape claims as a way to dismiss the accusations against Kavanaugh. Sorry, but I won't play.
As long as the number is between 0 and 100%, we have to actually look at the facts of each case.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's where lefties expose themselves for who they are. SCOTUS Justices are not tasked with "interpreting" the Constitution. They are to defend and support it, only. Read their Oath of Office. Rewriting the Constitution by "interpreting" it to reflect their own political/societal opinion is a violation of their Oath.
Oh, good grief.

Stop with that "lefties" nonsense.

Uphold, interpret... preachers INTERPRET the Bible every Sunday. I didn't say a word about rewriting anything.

I simply meant that they take what is written there and interpret whether or not it applies in a certain way to a given case.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, she does not. Her witnesses have submitted statements under penalty of perjury. None of them corroborate Ford's allegations. They all contradict them.

This has already been covered several times. Dems depend on being able to dupe people like you. Sadly, it's working.
Signing in front of an officer of the court is considered a sworn statement.
No one has done that.
Mark Judge sent a letter on his lawyers letter head. .
No one is duped. Any longer. We ve lived through two years of the Groper in Cheif. He did it. And more.

He can try to force himself on America, too.
I d expect no less.
Republicans will have won the battle but lose their war on the United States of America rule of law when they are voted out in November, and voted off the planet in my lifetime.
Donald Trump and Putin made them an offer they couldnt refuse and they are drunk on it.

They have smeared themselves.
And true to form, blamed everyone but themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies