Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,295,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
How is it dirty politics if you have 3 credible accusers? You're just going to ignore them? There is a very real risk you are supporting the nomination of a liar and a sexual predator.
Who are the 3 "credible" accusers?

Ford can't remember what she had for breakfast let alone if she took a polygraph with a video camera on her the day or or the day after her grandmother's funeral - had to jet off (on a PLANE) to NH for a vacation? The other two?

Where are those other women?

Gang-banging-rape train?

Where are those victims?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,912,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Women who consistently call women victims liars, with no evidence that that is the case, are not "making choices." They're not even thinking.
Ohhhhh you mean like how Hillary did that to Bill's accusers? Like Hillary who felt a 12 year old girl who was brutally raped brought it on herself?

How about all those dems who were happy to take money from Hollywood elites who were predators?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 AM

10,218 posts, read 7,642,948 times
Default American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Quote:
he American Bar Association is calling on the Senate Judiciary Committee to halt the consideration of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until an FBI investigation is completed into the sexual assault allegations that have roiled his nomination.

In a strongly worded letter obtained by CNN Thursday, the organization said it is making the extraordinary request "because of the ABA's respect for the rule of law and due process under law," siding with concerns voiced by Senate Democrats since Christine Blasey Ford's decades-old allegations became public.

"The basic principles that underscore the Senate's constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI," said Robert Carlson, president of the organization, in a Thursday night letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein.

"Each appointment to our nation's Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote," Carlson wrote. "Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate's reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/polit...ion/index.html

Wow. I've never heard of the ABA doing such a thing. But then, we've never had a situation with a nominee like this one. (The Clarence Thomas charges had been through an FBI Investigation, which is the normal process.)

Old 09-28-2018, 12:21 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,938,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Except when senators and kavanaugh himself said the ABA thought highly of him, which clearly isn't the case. Lies built on lies.
Lol... Funny how the ABA's opinion mattered only a few hours ago.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:22 AM

24,527 posts, read 33,408,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
He knows that the request is a political ploy to delay the nomination to go forward so the Democrats can hold off until after what hey hope is a Senate takeover in November. That is why he won't respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Kavanaugh really, really, really does not wany an FBI investigation
Cruzincat's answer is correct. That's why.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:23 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,295,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Just because there's no corroborating evidence on a 36 year old claim in a he-said/she-said situation doesn't make it not "credible." Just means there's no real way to prove it.
Then you should tell that to the dems whining about a 7th "FBI INVESTIGATION"....

Old 09-28-2018, 12:25 AM

39,942 posts, read 26,647,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
We didn't know much about Dr. Ford because her social media footprint, including Highschool and college yearbooks, were scrubbed from view. Dr. Ford was used by the left.
I had seen that as well-is there proof?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:29 AM

39,942 posts, read 26,647,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Don't confuse hysterics with conducting an orderly, respectful, but tough governmental process. Hysterics is what people do when they don't have the facts on their side.

Dr. Ford was telling the truth. Kavanaugh, like his friend Mark Judge, had a drinking problem back then, it seems, and was not a nice drunk. He did assault the 15 year old girl. His character is evidenced in the self-description he wrote for his yearbook, where he joined the other guys in referring to one of the girls as "(her name) alumni," meaning they had all had sex with her. They hadn't. It was a lie...but that's the kind of young man he was.

Don't you think that calls into question his suitability for sitting on the Supreme Court? I do. I had a good time when I was younger, but I never ran across any guy who did the things Kavanaugh's been accused of, and seems to have done. That behavior is not normal...it's not a "boys will be boys" thing.

Or is it your position that you don't care if he did those things? I think that's the Rub position, actually. They know he "probably" did it, but they don't care. It's the good ol' boys club. What happened at their prep schools, stays at their prep schools.

It's important because he will be called on to decide cases directly dealing with the civil rights of women, at times.

His personality is also questionable. His temperament. He took an arrogant, how-dare-anyone-question-me attitude, he even tried to dictate to the Senators how to question him, he asked THEM questions. In other words, he was incapable of following the rules of decorum, the policy rules of the committee, and had an attitude that just him saying something should be good enough even if he didn't answer a question. He seemed to think he was the one in charge, when he was not. He was not respectful of the process. He's like Trump in that regard, but Kavanaugh is educated, and is a Judge. He knows better, but he couldn't help himself. In short, he's an a-hole. Believe me, even the other conservatives on the court don't want to see him confirmed. Someone else would be better. Anyone else.
I'd just like to see something like, you know-evidence. Ford named 3 witnesses-all said that they could not confirm her story, including her friend. And of course Kavanaugh. No Republican had the stones to ask her any difficult questions-couldn't make her cry and look like a meanie. And of course Dems were not after facts, all they did was talk about how "brave" she was.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 AM

24,527 posts, read 33,408,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Keep up the good work Democrats, time to do your damn jobs. Time for sexual predators to own their behavior or be shown the door.
Oh, guilty until proven innocent? Your comment is very poor.

Quote:
And Lindsey Graham is such a drama QUEEN.
No, he is accurately pointing out the ridiculous attacks by some left-wing Democrats.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:35 AM

10,218 posts, read 7,642,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What evidence is that? Was she prevented from saying whatever she wanted?

You would also think that Ford's close friend who was at the party would remember all this. Or frankly anyone who was suppose to have been there. I may not have remembered a party I attended that long ago. But if someone mentioned some of the details it would have jogged my memory.

LOL I am glad I am not a partisan. The stuff the Dems and GOP say about each other. Wow.
You don't seem to be that familiar with the facts.

No one but Ford was in or around the room when Kavanaugh & Judge started assaulting her.

Ford did not tell anyone at the party what happened. She locked herself in the bathroom after she got away, and then left later, but doesn't recall how she got home.

The first time she told anyone was when she told their marriage therapist about it in 2012. Then she told some friends in 2013 or 2014.

I don't know if that other girl at the party was a close friend of Ford's. But it is reasonable that she wouldn't remember the party, if nothing eventful happened to cause her to remember it. I attended a lot of parties and get togethers in my young years. I have forgotten most of them. I just know that I was always going out. That's what young people do. But the parties were uneventful and repetitious, for the most part. I remember bits & pieces of some others, but couldn't tell you where they were located. Someone could have been assaulted at any of those parties, and I would never have known it and would not know it now.

I'm sure you don't remember all the parties you went to, either, if you went out a lot to drinking parties.

Yes, Ford is telling the truth. The facts are there, as she reported in 2012, long before Kavanaugh was nominated to be a S.Ct. Justice. His bff, Mark Judge (who has disappeared and wouldn't testify), was a drunk who became an alcoholic. That was Kavanaugh best friend. It's possible Kavanaugh doesn't remember because he was too drunk. But whether he doesn't remember or not, he's lying, because he knows he might not remember because of his drinking.

He also lied about other things at the hearing, as was pointed out during the hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies