Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 01:38 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Ford had no references, Kavanaugh had 65
Over one hundred Yale students and alums of Ford's school signed statements of support. Many of Kavanaugh's conveniently available 65 women acquaintances reneged when they learned more about the allegations.

You've been corrected on this claim previously, yet you still repeat it. What's wrong with the truth?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What do you mean by "references"? I don't believe that Ford was applying for a job here.

There was a witness: GOP refused to subpoena him.
An investigation was called for, even by the ABA: GOP (and Kavanaugh) refuses investigation.
There were four other people at the party, all four have stated they do not recall. Sure, make them testify, they will say the same thing they already stated, unless you think Ford's lifelong friend Keyser is lying and will magically tell the truth under oath?

Why would Ford's friend lie?

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Who's house was this alleged attack supposedly at? PJ's?
Of course she didn't know. Of note, none of his friends had houses near the Columbia Country Club. And that July 1 date Senator Whitehouse harped on? That's Tim Gaudette. He lived at 507 Azalea Dr in Rockville, MD at that time and was also no where near the Columbia Country Club. That legit took me all of a few minutes to figure out on Google - guess Senator Whitehouse's staff can't google as well as I can.

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Over one hundred Yale students and alums of Ford's school signed a statement of support. Many of Kavanaugh's conveniently available 65 women acquaintances reneged when they learned more about the allegations.

You've been corrected on this claim previously, yet you still repeat it. What's wrong with the truth?
Lie. That claim made by Politico has been debunked...as stated on this forum MULTIPLE times.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:40 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, why didn't Kavanaugh just submit to what the people calling him a rapist were saying! I mean, really, what's so unreasonable about saying, yeah sure, you think I'm unfit, called me evil, and are not calling me a rapist, so of course, I'm going to agree with you. That's probably what you would call reasonable but most people do not.

Do any of you, really any of you at all remember this guy is also a lawyer?????? There is NO lawyer, none, that will ask to be investigated for a crime he didn't commit. NONE! So stop acting like you're being reasonable, you're not and you know it. Well, correction, if you don't, then that says something too.
Even the ABA is calling for an investigation. If Kavanaugh really cared about his professional and personal reputation--something he cried and whined about at length--he would absolutely want an investigation to clear his name. Wouldn't you? Or would you prefer to live your and your family's entire life under a cloud of suspicion? An innocent person would absolutely want an investigation because they would have nothing to fear. And ALL criminal allegations, when brought to the surface, are investigated.

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
For ****s and giggles, my husband and I took out our high school yearbooks last night to read the TRIPE that people wrote in them. Good lord, I am so glad that no one in any job interview I ever had judged me by those entries. They were ridiculous.
You're either deflecting or missing the point.

If you are asked questions in front of the Senate committee you are expected to tell the truth. He wasn't telling the truth.

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Nah. There's no way an investigation can prove anything. The only time accusers may face punishment is if they confess to lying about things and even then it's only recently that we've started prosecuting that sort of thing. The rule of thumb has always been to not punish false accusers because it might prevent others from coming forward out of fear of not being believed and then punished. It's a fine line but I think we need to zero in on exactly where we draw the lines because it's getting out of control.

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
This just shows how out of touch with reality you are.
Well, that ONE of us is, anyway.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:41 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Over one hundred Yale students and alums of Ford's school signed a statement of support. Many of Kavanaugh's conveniently available 65 women acquaintances reneged when they learned more about the allegations.

wow, letters from students showing support lmao. This is #fakenews though bro: "Many of Kavanaugh's conveniently available 65 women acquaintances reneged when they learned more about the allegations"

Old 09-28-2018, 01:41 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nope. If the FBI comes out and says we have absolute concrete proof he did it, they won't care. They will either say the FBI is lying and politically motivated or that what happened 30+ years ago doesn't matter or some other pathetic justification. The reality is they really don't care - a majority of GOPers have already admitted that even if he's guilty, it doesn't matter as long as they get their guy on the bench and a political "win." Zero integrity whatsoever, pretty much the entire party at this point. Getting close to zero humanity, actually.
I am not "THEY" as I really have no idea who "THEY" are but will assume you mean die hard go down with you party extremist, which I am not...but... I absolutely would not say that. I would say he needs to step down as he is unfit. I believe he should keep his current job because, well, he was 17 at the time but not fit for Supreme Court Justice.

BUT what if the FBI comes out and says "We found zero evidence or witnesses that could collaborate anything Dr. Ford testified to" "we found her therapist notes to be inconsistent with her testimony" etc... what would you say? Do you have humanity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies