Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 10:05 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Am I correct in assuming all the people who may be taking lie detector tests given by the FBI will also include Ford? Why wouldn't she take another one since Kavanaugh is submitting to his SEVENTH FBI investigation and would take a lie detector test if asked. Unless she knows she couldn't pass.

Or do we still have a two-tier system of justice?
Why doesn't Kavanaugh OFFER to take a lie detector test?

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In fact, there is no clear evidence that Ford and Kavanaugh ever even met, much less that they had the interaction that you are speculatively imagining.
During her testimony, Christine Ford said that she was introduced to Brett Kavanaugh at the Columbia Country Club. She also said that she had gone to 4 or 5 other parties where Brett was present.

I wonder if any other witnesses have confirmed any of this.

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
Here is how to spot biased news. Two examples just this morning:

Yahoo News page

"Jeff Flake brings Senate back from the brink." The article implied Flake did a heroic deed. It's opinion, not reporting. Should have read "Jeff Flake requested another FBI investigation." Those are facts, not feeeeeelinngs.

CBS radio

The news reader said, "President Trump grudgingly approved another FBI investigation at the grudging request of Sen. Jeff Flake."

He should have said, "President Trump approved another FBI investigation at the request of Sen. Jeff Flake." Facts, not feeeeeelinngs.

This is why elite media is dying. Now I have to find a different source of news. Probably listen online since the CBS station was the only all news station in my city, as far as I know.
I did a search on this yesterday and all that came up were MSM websites with video links and headlines/comments that were negative leaning to Kavanaugh. Blatant bias search results on the part of google. The medium is the message.

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I just saw that the FBI investigation report will NOT be made public, only Senate Committee members will have access

What in the world?!
Yes. That was already known to me yesterday but that’s because my dad is an attorney lol

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
For what? Allegedly feeling up a 15 year old when he was a teen?
Isn't it incredulous that the left castigate a white male, for anything supposed offense they are accused of, as being the most vile, atrocious life altering thing, but when the leftist Antifa, Maxine Waters calls for violence and commits violence against Trump supporters, they are just "protesting"?

Old 09-29-2018, 10:07 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That is NOT what it says in that video, Megyn Kelly said the accusation was revealed by Feinstein, they did not say that Feinstein revealed her name, watch it again. Kelly said that Feinstein mentioned the incident to Kavanaugh in their one on one but that Feinstein did not name her.

Ryan Grim, the first to report her name claims he did not get her name from Feinstein
Ok. I watched that part and I think you misheard it because there are overlapping voices at that time--

Kelly says "why WOULDN'T Feinstein asked Kavanaugh about the allegation in their face to face and NOT mentioned who made the accusation"...
Kelly DID. NOT. SAY that Feinstein did ask Kavanaugh about an anonymous letter accusing him of assault....

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Yes. That was already known to me yesterday but that’s because my dad is an attorney lol
Yes, disturbing. But at least it won't be confidential. This means that senators can share with the public, if needed.

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Am I correct in assuming all the people who may be taking lie detector tests given by the FBI will also include Ford? Why wouldn't she take another one since Kavanaugh is submitting to his SEVENTH FBI investigation and would take a lie detector test if asked. Unless she knows she couldn't pass.

Or do we still have a two-tier system of justice?
The FBI will not be conducting any lie detector tests with any of these people.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:08 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I did a search on this yesterday and all that came up were MSM websites with video links and headlines/comments that were negative leaning to Kavanaugh. Blatant bias search results on the part of google. The medium is the message.
It just means that MORE people are looking at THOSE clips
Please don't spout Trump lies as proof of anything...

Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Not to mention her lawyer's were recommended to her by Diane Feinstein.

Seems a bit of conflict of interest to have someone on the committee recommending her lawyers.
Conflict of interest? How about the conflict of interest involved in ONLY having Grassley's staffers investigate Kavanaugh? One of those staffers tweeted that he was "unfazed and determined, we will confirm Kavanaugh"

Why you would condone an investigation led by a partisan staffer who admits that they will confirm Kavanaugh but criticize Feinstein for recommending an attorney to Ford strikes me as 'curious' to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies