Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 10:47 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Conflict of interest? How about the conflict of interest involved in ONLY having Grassley's staffers investigate Kavanaugh? One of those staffers tweeted that he was "unfazed and determined, we will confirm Kavanaugh"

Why you would condone an investigation led by a partisan staffer who admits that they will confirm Kavanaugh but criticize Feinstein for recommending an attorney to Ford strikes me as 'curious' to say the least.
Did you not read your own link?

He was referring to the Democrats refusal to take part in the investigation.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:47 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
In a state with no statute of limitations, meaning that as capricious as our judicial system has become, you could actually be being accused of a crime and have to face those charges.

Yeah, that wouldn't upset most people.
There is "the innocence project," after all, which is indeed upsetting. But Kavanaugh is not being tried in a court of law, so unless he asks to take a polygraph, there's no precedent (that I know of) for requiring him to.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/judge...aph-test-exam/

Old 09-29-2018, 10:48 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yes, exactly. It's no longer about Kavanaugh OR Ford. Agree 100%!
Once again - it was, and has NEVER been about Kavanaugh...

It is about WHOEVER Trump nominates!

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
"If" she's telling the truth? Do you doubt her?

Most people I know believe she was assaulted by someone somewhere. But the burden of proof that it was Kavanaugh who assaulted her does fall on her. Sorry, but if no witnesses can confirm her story, and she has no other proof, then it's understandable to consider that at the least she may be mistaken. That's not "gaslighting."

I think it's pretty clear to objective people across the board that she's emotionally fragile, for whatever reasons.
I think, as a person who was sexually molested which started from the age of five years old, to believe a he said she said story, before any evidence it shown, is a big mistake and a danger to this country.

I remember where my molestations started, when, and how...and again, I was five years old....

Kathy you and I have agreed on many subjects given our differences, and I respect your postings as well as love reading them, however, this is a big mistake, for you or I to believe someone without conclusive proof.

Just two weeks ago, a man who was in prison was left go, b/c the woman who came forward and testified that he raped her, said, she lied.

This isn't the first time, and is the great danger....please and I say this to each and everyone here, try very hard not to let politics and emotions play into your feelings on this subject. It is wrong to do....I don't know who is telling the truth, and neither do you or anyone else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Just curious, how did you feel about the Dems during Clinton rape allegations? Did you rush to the accusers defense? The senators are playing politics. Dems want to delay and the Repubs don’t want to, both have their obvious reasons for doing so.
Nope. Sure didn't. I rushed to Lewinsky's defense.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:49 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If you've ever blacked out drinking, and you're still drinking as an adult, it's most likely that you'll blackout again.

Kavanaugh describes himself as not only a non-alcoholic, but also a non-hard-drinker.

You cannot be a non-alcoholic later in life and have been one earlier in life.

You cannot be a non-hard-drinker later in life and have been one earlier in life.

You don't outgrow alcoholism nor do you outgrow hard drinking. If this were not so, many millions of folks would have simply outgrown their afflictions later in life when they "grew up."

You don't put together a life as Brett Kavanaugh has done by lying, neither.

You cannot be a compulsive liar on the one hand, and a recovered alcoholic on the other.

They just don't go together. I can attest to that.

Oh yeah, like that guy from the Clinton Campaign who is funding the Smear Kavanaugh Campaign.

Former Clinton Staffer Brian Fallon Leading Group Smearing Brett Kavanaugh

The fact that there is a Smear Kavanaugh Campaign should be concerning to some, like mouth-breathers and such.

Dark money, it's a thing. Brian Fallon is part of three layers of secrecy in setting up these projects, for example, Demand Justice, which is a part of this 1630 Foundation, both C4s, then there is Hillary Clinton's Onward C4 as well. All of them are obscured together, and we cannot see the tax returns of any of this. FBI, anyone?

If they remove Kavanaugh from consideration, they will remove one of the biggest advocates from women's fair treatment and advancement in the Supreme Court that we will have ever seen, as well as a very successful girls basketball coach, good father, good husband, etc.

Hashtag, I believe him dot com.

Oh, and to your claim, "I have rights..." I like to understand it this way, Freedom is God-given. Liberty is fought for and defended. So thusly, liberty can be lost here, if we (Rupublicans and Trump supporters) get this wrong. We can vote. They haven't taken this away from us yet.

Thank you for ending that mind-numbing argument.

Here's another mind-numbing argument the Echo-Chamber Liberals roll out every hour of every day... But He's a Republican! Flake, Corker, Mueller, Comey, etc., Republicans? Srsly? McCain? Republican? Yeah. Right. Not.

Yikes.

That's exactly what they are saying. This is what the Trump-deranged do.

... as I was saying...

Ha! Next time I get accused of being a Trumpette, I'm gonna trot you out.

Wir gonna git that Kavanaugh DerkiDer!

Maybe we should leave the poor feller alone?

No no no.

Brian Fallon, look him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It works both ways. Nothing good comes out of it for him or his family.

Kavanagh should withdraw.
like that, wouldn't you? Isn't that the purpose of this continued harassment? You don't like the guy. You're one of those who says, "If Kavanaugh is confirmed, people will die!"

Democrats will one day will be given this same treatment. Then they will whine and complain. Just remember it was YOU PEOPLE who brought us to this point. The despicables.

Democrats are nothing but vermin. They destroy lives for power. They don't care. Those lives are just collateral damage.
I've heard that statement before.

What an idiotic statement.

That's like telling me, a true Republican and Trump voter, I should just withdraw. I should just withdraw from being a United States American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I watched both testimony's with great interest on Thursday. The last Republican to question Judge Kavanaugh was Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana. His first question to Judge Kavanaugh was "Do you believe in God?". Kavanaugh said yes. He then asked Kavanaugh to swear to God that he did not assault Christine Ford. Kavanaugh promptly swore to God that he did not assault Christine Ford.

As a Catholic Christian I am offended that these men would use the Lord's name in vain for political purposes. Although I am not the most active of Catholics it always upsets me to see men such as these break a commandment for personal advantage.
As a Recovered Catholic™ myself, I tell you this, you've come to the "wrong town at the wrong time" for Salvation™ my friend.

The day Jesus Christ Himself, or heck, even (f)ather (n)elson comes up to the Capitol Building and starts cracking some skulls, I'm Lord's naming in vaining buddy.

Read your own bible thankyouverymuch, oh, and get down off the cross foo! We need the wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
breaking: Flake talked with Rosenstien just before announcing delay on vote.
Yeah, correct.

Rosenstein said something about too. I'll recollect it here, something to the effect, yeah, we can do that, but it ain't gonna change much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why doesn't Kavanaugh OFFER to take a lie detector test?"

What part of, ' I will do ANYTHING asked of me", DON'T you understand?
Correct. He actually said he would because of course idiotic Democratic senators would repeatedly ask him this. He said he would tke one, but that they aren't used in his realm of law because they are unreliable. It's like he told that moron Kamala Harris or whomever, "You're doing it right now!"

The "It" being the most thorough dragging through the mud you could do to a person in this fine Country of ours.

Quote:
There you go - dems don't want him on the bench because they want someone who will support to impeach Trump when they move for it and it works it's way up to SCOTUS.
Bingo.

Hashtag Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I am saddened to hear of your ordeal at such a young age, but you are confirming a point I made many times in this thread:

I do believe that something traumatic happened to CBF when she was very young, possibly by her father or a father-figure (swimming coach), and then other incidents followed in her high-school and college years, to have made such a lasting trauma on her sexual well-being.

However, if no one, the FBI, the Senate, or anyone else is going to breach this sanctuary of her mental health history, we will never know the truth.
Good points.

The Republicans on the Senate have the decency, and I'm proud of them for it, for not dragging Debbie through the mud.

This is what they mean by supporting her in saying they believe her story is credible, the sexually assaulted from her past- part.

We just think the "deep state" or what have you... selected her and used her for this hit on Kavanaugh, his family, and Americans like myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL — Ford said a friend of hers introduced them, but when asked by Mitchell, she can’t remember the friend
So? This proves what?
Good question.

Let's find out.

We got nothing but time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Define knew each other... because being buddies is not a prerequisite for a sexual assault to take place.
No, but statistically, it's worth bringing up.

Lindsey Graham nailed the crux of the accusation against Kavanaugh on the head when he enlightened the hearing about the fact that sexual assaulters don't just "turn it off like a switch".

As Kavanaugh says about himself, look for yourselves, see my work. Read for yourself. Look at his past experiences, all of it.

Quote:
You'd think she'd get over it before 2012. Nothing actually happened to her other than she got scared. I understand how such an assault might shake someone up, but unless someone has other issues as well, I can't see how this one event was so mind boggling to her that it required years of counseling and she's STILL all shook up talking about it.
I understand what it takes to become a recovered alcoholic. I have no experience on sexual assault, deviance, etc., but have family members who have spent their life long careers prosecuting and trying to place and reform the perpetrators.

I've observed similarities in the victims of these heinous acts with codependents of folks with alcoholism. They have an illness if you will, that doesn't go away over night. It doesn't fix itself.

Same thing for women/men of abusive relationships.

You either get recovered or you don't. Those that do take a huge part in that recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Absolutely. If someone commits a crime, they should be punished. Or are you now arguing that a sitting president is above the law and can indeed get away with shooting someone on 5th Avenue?
Impeach Fodifav! Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"]Conflict of interest? How about the conflict of interest involved in ONLY having Grassley's staffers investigate Kavanaugh?

How can you ask any of the dems and their staffers ANYTHING when they DON'T ATTEND THE COMMITTEE MEETING?
Ooh snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, get over it, you stupid woman! It was just an attempted rape. What's the big deal?

How appalling that you would say this.
You're accosting a recovered victim, genius.

Well played, Democrat.

Quote:
I have seen stories that she slept with 40 men prior to college. Is that true and is that relevant if so?
It's relevant in my mind.

Sounds like a smear to me though.

I'd need to see a good source or hard evidence on this. Why? We live in a world where women are not allowed to brag about sexual exploits, especially now. Just go ask Hollywood. Goes for men now too as the rules have changed recently, in case no one has noticed.

Love how Kavanaugh said that he was also inwardly proud of his virginity, as well as embarrassed.

Doubt CNN is gonna headline that touching moment.

It convinced me about Kavanaugh's innocence too, as many other things about him do.

Deep states are scared S-less over Kavanaugh over things like this. They're called Truths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Kick them in the nuts and move on, that's my motto. I think other things have happened to this woman, she has issues.
You know zip about the process of sexual abuse, grooming, etc. Good on you. Keep it that way if you can. The evil surrounding it gets people physically sick as well as sick in every form imaginable.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-29-2018 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Oh come on. My daughter voted for Johnson, she thinks Ford is lying.
??? What is the link between Johnson (super-sweet guy, total looney) and Ford?

Old 09-29-2018, 10:50 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
I watched both testimony's with great interest on Thursday. The last Republican to question Judge Kavanaugh was Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana. His first question to Judge Kavanaugh was "Do you believe in God?". Kavanaugh said yes. He then asked Kavanaugh to swear to God that he did not assault Christine Ford. Kavanaugh promptly swore to God that he did not assault Christine Ford.

As a Catholic Christian I am offended that these men would use the Lord's name in vain for political purposes. Although I am not the most active of Catholics it always upsets me to see men such as these break a commandment for personal advantage.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:51 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
We learned that Ford cannot remember:

- Time/date/location of party
- Who drove her to party
- Who was at party
- Who pushed her into room
- Who drove her from party
- Date/who paid for her polygraph
- Grandmother's funeral date?

But "100% sure" it was Kavanaugh 36 yrs ago

Old 09-29-2018, 10:51 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
breaking: Flake talked with Rosenstien just before announcing delay on vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies