Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 08:16 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Abortion rights are definitely one area where I disagree the majority of the GOP. I think the premise OK for me, evil for thee goes beyond partisan lines. This has been the thinking of those with money and power since forever regardless of party lines.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:39 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
The best part about all the Republican politicians that benefited from abortions... is that somehow their supporters can turn a blind eye to it. They can say "well, maybe Mr. Soandso committed adultery and resolved the problem with an abortion for his mistress" - and even though that breaks two all-important commandments in their eyes, they'll still support him. Simply because "Mr. Soandso will still seek to limit abortions."

Now, if instead politicians were honest, abortion wouldn't even be in the conversation. Since if they were truthful, they'd just say "well, if politicians can have an 'oops' and and seek an abortion for themselves or their partner, maybe everyone should get an 'oops' too." But no. Instead they hide this information since they know it will hurt their chances of election.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:38 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
This is supposed to be surprising? Republicans don't care about people not themselves.

But once it's them who are saddled with an unexpected hospital bill or unwanted pregnancy or a desire for low-paid workers who won't talk back or a need for cheap campaign t-shirts or a pregnant wife who won't put out - then they will rationalize anything.

Dick Cheney was stalwart against gay marriage until his daughter came out. Bristol Palin is a firm believer in abstinence for anyone but herself. All the Trumps have their crappy clothes made in China. Trump resorts won't hire US workers.

It's their way.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Many Republicans are able to accept first trimester abortions. The problem is Democrat demands for abortion right up until the moment of birth and demanding that taxpayers pay for it. Democrats are increasingly celebrating abortion and legitimizing it as a way of life. THAT is a problem.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
This is true for some for sure.

But honestly, this is a key issue for many of my friends that are Republicans. This issue matters deeply to them.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:55 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
[quote=EastwardBound;52942468]Many Republicans are able to accept first trimester abortions. The problem is

Democrat demands for abortion right up until the moment of birth and demanding that taxpayers pay for it. Democrats are increasingly celebrating abortion.
-------------------------------------------:::--:-------------:----------------------::------
OH PLEASE.....

Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Many Republicans are able to accept first trimester abortions. The problem is Democrat demands for abortion right up until the moment of birth and demanding that taxpayers pay for it. Democrats are increasingly celebrating abortion and legitimizing it as a way of life. THAT is a problem.
It' a made-up problem, but that won't stop you, I'm sure.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Abortion rights are definitely one area where I disagree the majority of the GOP. I think the premise OK for me, evil for thee goes beyond partisan lines. This has been the thinking of those with money and power since forever regardless of party lines.
OK for me but not for you is very prevalent in both parties. Anyone who argues otherwise is being as hypocritical as those they condemn.

Now, on topic. I am Pro-Life but we are NOT going to ban abortions. It isn't going to happen so I do not allow the false promises of politicians (most who are as noted, hypocrites) sway my voting decisions. We can though do many things that make abortion a less attractive option which in general is not something "pro-life" politicians support which is beyond my understanding which means I will rarely vote for one.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Democrats helped over ride Clinton's veto of late term abortions. We know why Bill wanted to cover his bases there.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sort of like the former Georgia candidate for office who supports gun control and was charged with murder.

Hypocrites are in both parties... and honestly, everyone is a hypocrite at some point in time.

absolutely right. both sides of the isle have their hypocrites on many things. democrats like feinstein want to ban guns completely, except for her and her ARMED guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies