Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 08:34 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What bothers me is the way they are injecting homosexuals into classic stories. There is not place for that BS.
I like it because nothing works better at triggering you Trump supporters and it proves my point that you people are angry because you refuse to accept an America that treats people who aren't white, heterosexual, and fundamentalist Christian as equals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 08:41 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I like it because nothing works better at triggering you Trump supporters and it proves my point that you people are angry because you refuse to accept an America that treats people who aren't white, heterosexual, and fundamentalist Christian as equals.
Thanks for explaining exactly everything that is wrong with interjecting sexual deviance into stories where it is completely irrelevant to the story. Because what you just said is 100% of the reason it is done.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
For Gods's sake it's just a prospective TV show! Does everything in the US have to have a left or right slant? Why do Americans have to politicise everything?
Ask the show's producers and Hollywood that. They are the ones politicizing everything.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ask the show's producers and Hollywood that. They are the ones politicizing everything.
According to Trump supporters, merely having people who aren't white, straight, and Christian represented on TV is pushing a political agenda.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:44 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
According to Trump supporters, merely having people who aren't white, straight, and Christian represented on TV is pushing a political agenda.
Unfortunately right now everything seems to related to political agendas. In the past no one cared who was starring in a tv show or movie as long as they could act. People were able to enjoy the characters just for what they were not which PC group they belong to. But now Hollywood admits they do have an agenda and that is condescending to the viewers.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:07 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
For crying out loud! It's a TV show. You don't want to watch it then change the channel back to Faux and enjoy your evening.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
For crying out loud! It's a TV show. You don't want to watch it then change the channel back to Faux and enjoy your evening.
It is a pervasive MEDIA trend, and a fact. There is little one can watch, or read in 95% of the Media that doesn't push, promote, and attempt to mainstream the Far Left Agenda. It is indoctrination. Yes, I choose not to watch it, but that negates almost all entertainment, and what is today called "news".

Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why do Trump’s snowflakes get so triggered when people decide to be nice? Like you’re angry that people are treating others with respect and dignity. I guess that’s just the modern Republican Party.
We've all seen the damage your side has inflicted on America already. We're keeping score.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:36 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Threads like this are hilarious. First off libertarians exposing themselves for what they are, repugs who just hate taxes more than most.

Then the people who are mad because the white male is less than excellent. Did you actually watch the old Bewitched? Darrin was a doofus who had no idea what was going on half the time till his wife explained it to him and his boss Larry was even more clueless.

As for having a black woman be samantha, it seems the righties are more interested in talking about skin color than the 'divisive left'. Finally all the 'how would the lefties feel.if Cosby or the Jeffersons were remade with white people?!?!' That's really funny because Cosby has been remade lots of times. A family comedy has been a staple of network TV since I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver. I bet RWNJs are still upset the the Brady's had a divorce as part of the plot line. Those shows are still on today, like Blackish and Modern Family.

In Good Times and the Jeffersons, them being black was intentionally part of the plot line. The struggle of a lower class family who happened to be black. Remind me, was racism over then too?

As for the Jeffersons, their minority status had to do with a fish out of water storyline. Like the Beverly hillbillies but using race instead of social class. The Jeffersons were a little progressive, but not enough to have a white maid, lol.

TV exec's want to make money, not push social agendas. If they don't make money the get fired.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Threads like this are hilarious. First off libertarians exposing themselves for what they are, repugs who just hate taxes more than most.

Then the people who are mad because the white male is less than excellent. Did you actually watch the old Bewitched? Darrin was a doofus who had no idea what was going on half the time till his wife explained it to him and his boss Larry was even more clueless.

As for having a black woman be samantha, it seems the righties are more interested in talking about skin color than the 'divisive left'. Finally all the 'how would the lefties feel.if Cosby or the Jeffersons were remade with white people?!?!' That's really funny because Cosby has been remade lots of times. A family comedy has been a staple of network TV since I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver. I bet RWNJs are still upset the the Brady's had a divorce as part of the plot line. Those shows are still on today, like Blackish and Modern Family.

In Good Times and the Jeffersons, them being black was intentionally part of the plot line. The struggle of a lower class family who happened to be black. Remind me, was racism over then too?

As for the Jeffersons, their minority status had to do with a fish out of water storyline. Like the Beverly hillbillies but using race instead of social class. The Jeffersons were a little progressive, but not enough to have a white maid, lol.

TV exec's want to make money, not push social agendas. If they don't make money the get fired.
A black Samantha is perfectly fine... it's the premise that her witchcraft is no match for "white male privilege" that hilariously jumps the shark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies