Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Am I the only one who feels funerals should not be televised live? I don’t like to go to funerals for close friends and family so why would I want to watch a live telecast of a funeral for someone I have no personal connection to? I agree that because of the celebrity or political status of certain individuals those people’s funerals are news worthy material and filming the funeral is warranted. I just don’t feel right about live telecast of funerals.

What bothers me most about this are the speakers who have used this as an opportunity for personal grandstanding to make political statements. Funerals are for the surviving friends and family to honor and remember those who’ve passed away and give them a chance to comfort one another. It should not be a time for individuals to get on their soap box and make social or political statements.
There will be a final private service for family tomorrow.

When a major public figure dies, it is a news event and there will be public ceremonies and televised coverage. You'll see one day with Trump, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 12:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You lack of compassion and lack of understanding Democrats' respect for McCain is not shocking. But it is highly inappropriate and down right rude.
What do you expect for someone who worships Trump?
They are emulating their god.
It all began with attacks on "political correctness" and has naturally devolved into absolute rudeness and crudeness.
Not a surprise really. After all, all "political correctness" really is, is being POLITE.

Ken

Old 09-01-2018, 12:03 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Yeah, I laughed at her silly statement.

Nwsflsh, Meggie: Your daddy ran twice and lost twice. Mr. MAGA ran once and won bigtime. Guess who America agrees with! Not yer daddy!!!
This disgusting post says a lot about the mentality of Trump followers.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
You lack of compassion and lack of understanding Democrats' respect for McCain is not shocking.
So what did you say about this when he was running against a democrat? Let's see.....
Quote:
You got that right! That's one of the major reasons a lot of democrats lost all respect for her and John McCain...her divisiveness on the campaign trail was inflammatory.
And there's a lot more of that were this came from. Thank you for proving what I said.

This fake praise is about Trump, not McCain.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Someone made football political too.

LOL... falling out of my chair...

Old 09-01-2018, 12:18 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what did you say about this when he was running against a democrat? Let's see.....

And there's a lot more of that were this came from. Thank you for proving what I said.

This fake praise is about Trump, not McCain.
hypocrisy at it's best -- lmao

Old 09-01-2018, 12:20 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I don’t mind funerals as long as they aren’t mine.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:21 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Several of the speakers, including members of the clergy, noted that John McCain was no saint, that he was a very human individual who was flawed.

But that did not change the good that also was in him - his courage, bravery, endurance, compassion, strength of character, patriotism, ability to transcend party for friendship, vision, and lifelong devotion to his country.

I am a Democrat who never voted for John McCain. But I still can honor what was good in him, mourn his passing and feel compassion for his family and friends who are grieving him, while still recognizing that like ALL of us, he was flawed as well as gifted with great good. He had a temper. He sometimes said things he regretted later. He was a military man, and that was evidenced in his politics at times. He was flawed.

As are we all. But John McCain was a patriot and a man of character who devoted most of his adult life to his country. So we remember him, honor him, and grieve for his loss and feel compassion for those he loved who loved him dearly in return.

Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend?

Old 09-01-2018, 12:24 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Several of the speakers, including members of the clergy, noted that John McCain was no saint, that he was a very human individual who was flawed.

But that did not change the good that also was in him - his courage, bravery, endurance, compassion, strength of character, patriotism, ability to transcend party for friendship, vision, and lifelong devotion to his country.

I am a Democrat who never voted for John McCain. But I still can honor what was good in him, mourn his passing and feel compassion for his family and friends who are grieving him, while still recognizing that like ALL of us, he was flawed as well as gifted with great good. He had a temper. He sometimes said things he regretted later. He was a military man, and that was evidenced in his politics at times. He was flawed.

As are we all. But John McCain was a patriot and a man of character who devoted most of his adult life to his country. So we remember him, honor him, and grieve for his loss and feel compassion for those he loved who loved him dearly in return.

Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend?

Excellent post. It takes intelligence and class to think in this way - so many have neither.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Am I the only one who feels funerals should not be televised live? I don’t like to go to funerals for close friends and family so why would I want to watch a live telecast of a funeral for someone I have no personal connection to? I agree that because of the celebrity or political status of certain individuals those people’s funerals are news worthy material and filming the funeral is warranted. I just don’t feel right about live telecast of funerals.

What bothers me most about this are the speakers who have used this as an opportunity for personal grandstanding to make political statements. Funerals are for the surviving friends and family to honor and remember those who’ve passed away and give them a chance to comfort one another. It should not be a time for individuals to get on their soap box and make social or political statements.
Newer models of televisions come with the ability to change the channel and even shut it off. You may want to invest in one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies