Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

Cannabis will be legal in Canada Oct 17 2018 - and big business is gearing up. The same would happen in the US if/when the Feds legalize weed.

Cannabis producers are expanding bigly - Green Relief, one of many, plans at least one 100,000+ sq ft grow-op in every province - with good paying jobs.
Green Relief Inc. in Flamborough has purchased a 100,000-square-foot facility sport complex in Stoney Creek for an undisclosed amount. The sports complex closes its doors on Oct. 31.

https://www.thestar.com/news/cannabi...sidelines.html

Officials from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, Pernod Ricard SA, Heineken Holding NV, Coca-Cola Co. and Diageo PLC are among companies that have been making the rounds with legal cannabis producers, meeting executives and touring their facilities, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The rise of a legal cannabis market has stoked fears among brewers and soft-drink makers that marijuana will dent already declining or stagnating sales.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cann...nnabis-sector/

Weed stocks are surging after one of Canada’s largest cannabis companies doubled its quarterly sales

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...8-8-1027493899
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 02:15 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
good. more reason for burnouts to leave the US.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:16 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Guess the doctors up there will enjoy the rise in revenue from the increase in lung cancer over the next decades. Job security.

Never touched the crap myself, but if I were into making big money off from other people's stupidity, I'd invest big time. It's bound to be a huge moneymaker if one invests in the right corporations.

(disclaimer: I'm actually for legalizing it. Liberty and all that. Ultimately, stupidity causing no harm to others needn't be illegal)

Old 08-29-2018, 02:18 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Guess the doctors up there will enjoy the rise in revenue from the increase in lung cancer over the next decades. Guess you've hot to make money somehow.
"Smoking pot" is largely a second or third desired method of consumption. Edibles, capsules, oil, tinctures et al sorta remove the whole "lung cancer" thing.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:19 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Guess the doctors up there will enjoy the rise in revenue from the increase in lung cancer over the next decades. Guess you've hot to make money somehow.
Correlation won't be noticed with the new EPA approved pollution wafting in from the USA.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:24 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
good. more reason for burnouts to leave the US.
Why would they leave the US? Cheaper and easier to just move to a different state.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:02 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
"Smoking pot" is largely a second or third desired method of consumption. Edibles, capsules, oil, tinctures et al sorta remove the whole "lung cancer" thing.
Well, I will say this: I was involved in the "music industry" for many years. I saw all kinds of drugs hard and soft and what they did to people around me. As for pot, the only way I saw a bandmate or a listener using it is smoking it. I'd doubt that will change much. Besides, it's similar to smoking tobacco as opposed to "chewing" it. Same disease, different organ.

Again, legalize it. I don't care because it doesn't affect me. No victim, no ban.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:04 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
It has always been legal in North Korea, so what?

Old 08-29-2018, 03:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Boo! Hahah Seattle loves Canada's money!

Old 08-29-2018, 03:09 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,223,339 times
Quote:
Guess the doctors up there will enjoy the rise in revenue from the increase in lung cancer over the next decades. Job security.

Never touched the crap myself, but if I were into making big money off from other people's stupidity, I'd invest big time. It's bound to be a huge moneymaker if one invests in the right corporations.

(disclaimer: I'm actually for legalizing it. Liberty and all that. Ultimately, stupidity causing no harm to others needn't be illegal)

Do you have examples or reports of smoked cannabis causing lung cancer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies