Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 11:46 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
My door swings closed also, but sometimes due to the air pressure, like when the HVAC is running, the pressure stops the door short from latching and have to give it a little nudge, that and along with the little weatherstrip thing.
The doors swing shut and latch pretty quickly, as you can see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mOvZsm8hs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 11:47 AM

There has also been a theory that Amber as a cop, was given a master key that opened all apartment doors. But it's just a theory. I'd be pretty livid if I knew my apartment complex gave another resident a master key.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If we sweep everything else out of the way, there are some facts that can not be denied.

1) The man killed was lawfully in his own apartment, doing nothing illegal.
Right. He was a law abiding citizen. However, in my opinion, the Dallas Police planted marijuana in his apartment to make him look like a drug user.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:57 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The doors swing shut and latch pretty quickly, as you can see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mOvZsm8hs
Uh yea, I know, and I just stated my experience with these doors. Your video did not show a single thing by the way, just some dude giving his opinion.

Quote:
There has also been a theory that Amber as a cop, was given a master key that opened all apartment doors. But it's just a theory. I'd be pretty livid if I knew my apartment complex gave another resident a master key.
DO you have one single piece of evidence for this theory???? Never even heard anywhere that a cop that is a resident would be given some master key just because they are a cop, that does not even make sense, not that making sense or not would matter.

Quote:
Right. He was a law abiding citizen. However, in my opinion, the Dallas Police planted marijuana in his apartment to make him look like a drug user.
Do you have any evidence at all they planted anything, especially when it is not relevant to the case?

Having MJ is not uncommon at all, so i do not know why you would think it would be planted.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
DO you have one single piece of evidence for this theory???? ..
That's why I said it's a theory. There is no evidence at this point.

This video is a better demonstration of how the doors don't stay ajar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtasv9m4SUY

Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
That's why I said it's a theory. There is no evidence at this point.

This video is a better demonstration of how the doors don't stay ajar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtasv9m4SUY
Sigh, again...I know exactly how the door works because it is basically the same as mine, and I know for a fact mine will not officially "latch" if there is an air pressure difference. it will close, but not tightly enough to latch it and I have to give it a little nudge. That does not even include little issues caused by wear and use. Plus his door could be put on incorrectly causing an issue, he could have let it close from a different distance, etc, things that would not cause it to latch, just as with many auto closing doors.

I have no idea what really happened, but fact is these auto closing doors have a possibility of not latching all the way.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
I’m not gonna allege that it was planted, but the Dallas Police were VERY quick to release that information as if it was relevant. Why? Because it IS relevant THERE and they know who their audience is. It worked for Yanez in the Philando Castile shooting and it’ll be a factor in Guyger’s trial too. Her lawyer squealed with joy when that came out.

Amber Guyger is gonna walk. It’s as simple as that. Texas is extremely weak on cop prosecutions. In fact, The reputation that Texas has as a bastion of tough justice is a canard. Anyone with money or a strong backing (like a cop with a union) can easily avoid jail in Texas. Texas prosecutors save tough justice for the poor and others that can’t afford adequate representation. That’s why prosecutorial misconduct in Texas is so high. They basically bait poor people into taking Star Trek years under threat of worse adjudicatory penalties if they’re found guilty at trial.

This is a travesty, but that’s how they roll in the Lone Star.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Amber Guyger is gonna walk. It’s as simple as that. .
Sadly, you are correct.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:30 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Texas is extremely weak on cop prosecutions. In fact, The reputation that Texas has as a bastion of tough justice is a canard. Anyone with money or a strong backing (like a cop with a union) can easily avoid jail in Texas. Texas prosecutors save tough justice for the poor and others that can’t afford adequate representation. That’s why prosecutorial misconduct in Texas is so high.
I dont know many states that are tough on cop prosecutions. Texas has the common type of prosecutors, they only take on the easy targets.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I’m not gonna allege that it was planted, but the Dallas Police were VERY quick to release that information as if it was relevant. Why? Because it IS relevant THERE and they know who their audience is. It worked for Yanez in the Philando Castile shooting and it’ll be a factor in Guyger’s trial too. Her lawyer squealed with joy when that came out.

Amber Guyger is gonna walk. It’s as simple as that. Texas is extremely weak on cop prosecutions. In fact, The reputation that Texas has as a bastion of tough justice is a canard. Anyone with money or a strong backing (like a cop with a union) can easily avoid jail in Texas. Texas prosecutors save tough justice for the poor and others that can’t afford adequate representation. That’s why prosecutorial misconduct in Texas is so high. They basically bait poor people into taking Star Trek years under threat of worse adjudicatory penalties if they’re found guilty at trial.

This is a travesty, but that’s how they roll in the Lone Star.
They released everything they could, have no idea why you are going to criticize now what things they did release. If they did not release that MJ was found, you would have probably criticized the lack of release as well.

Texas has plenty of cop prosecutions, they just sentenced one to 15 years.

She will not walk because there is no circumstances surrounding this like there are with other numerous LEO involved situations. She was not on duty and in the conduct of duty for one, two she was not pursuing a suspect or even responding to a crime scene as a first responder, and three he was in a lawful place conducting a lawful activity that cannot be disputed at all.

I predict she gets 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies