Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
If Trump picks someone too far right, there is a chance the left will resort to violence that may rip this country apart.

The judicial system shouldn't be politicize, its a shame
The sooner the better. America is ready to rumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 11:13 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
For those who are of "the base," has anyone thought of the possibility that an unprecedented three states, at one time, may have Black, progressive governors? Even if all lose in November, the possibility of, in the words of the Japanese after Pearl Harbor, a sleeping giant looms for 2020.....!

This is not even counting the possibility of a Congressional flip! Mind you, many of the folk in those "swing states" in 2016 stayed home! That is highly unlikely to happen, again!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:29 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
For those who are of "the base," has anyone thought of the possibility that an unprecedented three states, at one time, may have Black, progressive governors? Even if all lose in November, the possibility of, in the words of the Japanese after Pearl Harbor, a sleeping giant looms for 2020.....!

This is not even counting the possibility of a Congressional flip! Mind you, many of the folk in those "swing states" in 2016 stayed home! That is highly unlikely to happen, again!
This is what I've been thinking. Also, natural demographic trends haven't shifted back in the other direction. The Trump base becomes a smaller share of the overall vote every year.

November should give us a decent picture in terms of where the country is currently at. It will tell us if there is a silent majority who support Trump and they come out to vote GOP to defend him or if Trump may not be as popular as his base believes him to be, in which case we'll see a blue wave. My bet is both sides will be disappointed but we'll see.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:44 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
HUH??? You think he will even make it through the first term??? Don't get ahead of yourself.

M - Making

A - Abomination

G - Go

A - Away

Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Who does the left have to run in 2020? We keep asking but never get answers.
There are some good possibilities, just not so apparent yet... like Cory Booker, Kamala Harris. Don't worry, the Democrats will present themselves and this time, will make it in.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:02 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
So, we have seen how the Democrats have sunk to all time lows in all things political, driven almost to the point of insanity by the mere mention of the name TRUMP. They have dug themselves a deep hole, but they just keep on digging. It amuses me greatly.

Now, our Great President Trump has accomplished this in less than 2 yrs in office. Assuming that the Dems will be reduced to babbling Troglodytes with another 2+ yrs to go, what will they be like after Trump is re-elected in 2020? Will there be any Dem politician left who has any sense of right and wrong, any with even a shred of integrity and common decency? What will the effects of the incredibly contagious TDS be when left unchecked for another 2yrs? Will Election night 2020 become a mass Kool-Aid drinking, liberal cleansing event( that would be awesome).

On another note, the next SCOTUS pick by Trump( RBG can’t last much longer. My God, she barely looks alive now), will probably be a woman. What in the world will the #MeToo groupies do then? That will really suuck for them.

Finally, what will all our liberal brothers and sisters here on C-D have left to give after he is re-elected? They try SO hard now, but they know that they are little more than court jesters for the Kings(Trump) Court(the rest of us!). I fear that they will be little more than empty shells as we dance our way into Donald’s second term.
Vladimir !!! What are you doing posting on City-Data?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CokC_ypVYAA4ETm.jpg

Old 09-20-2018, 07:40 AM

652 posts, read 340,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
There are some good possibilities, just not so apparent yet... like Cory Booker, Kamala Harris. Don't worry, the Democrats will present themselves and this time, will make it in.
Oh please, please, please, run those two together as your ticket!!

They will do more for the Republican cause than anything Trump could ever do.

Throw in Warren as Sec of State and we have a winning trifecta!( for the GOP).

Old 09-20-2018, 07:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
The reality is that tRump has to get through his first term before he can try for a second.

And that looks dicey.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The reality is that tRump has to get through his first term before he can try for a second.

And that looks dicey.

Considering Trump is about to be more than half way finished with his first term, I’d say liberals better hurry up and find some actual dirt on the president.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:51 AM

326 posts, read 199,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
My worst nightmare on a cruise. A tablemate with a high school education expounding on their political views all through dinner.
Is that the best you've got man? Hiding behind your keyboard tossing insults with your big boy pants on? What is it with you liberals? You guys just love to spew off at the mouth towards anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Pathetic.

Good thing me and my high school education doesn't give a &*#& though.

P.S. You might... but I don't go on cruises to talk politics. For that I can find plenty of liberals online like yourself that can tell me all about how Trump rips children from their parents at the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies