Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 03:24 PM

482 posts, read 242,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I have been hearing this filth out of the mouths of people like Joy Behar and various other "progressives" for a while now, and I am wondering, when did such filth become acceptable rhetoric in this country?

My father was an "old white man" and he was the most decent, hard-working, genuinely good-hearted human being I have ever known. So liberals have taken what was the most wholesome and decent example of a human I have ever known, and poisoned it.

How the **** is this filth tolerated today? How in the world could anyone let a vile creature like Joy Behar and like-minded creatures spew their HATE without challenge?
Because people love to hate on a winner. It's the same reason you can talk trash about Tom Brady or Lebron James without people freaking out.

It's socially acceptable to trash talk the winners in any game, including life. We live in a society that loves the underdog. That's why when chicks or certain minorities do something that's really not that special, they get praise like it is.

Example

Old White guy builds a sail boat = Nobody cares
Old White woman does the same = people are blown away

Old white guy designs a skyscraper = nobody cares
Old black guy does the same = people are blown away

You can do the same thing with things by making the old white guy the underdog.

18 year old black kid dunks a basketball = nobody cares
Old white man does the same = people are blown away

People love underdogs and hate winners/thread

Old 09-21-2018, 03:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Every other group gets hate. Why should white men be exempt?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:38 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
There are men who have been sexually assaulted. Usually by other men or a female teacher

Plenty of men don’t get to her job they want. Many Times turned down to fill a minority quota
I know. Women are generally the target. I doubt many men spend much time worried about being the victim of sexual assault but I could be wrong. The attempted rape I was able to get away from him because he thought I was passed out drunk. He was twice my size and would have overpowered me if he thought I was capable of jumping up and running away. Women are less able to defend themselves and I didn't mean to make light of your own personal trauma with my anecdotal experience.

It's great you brought up that quota thing. That's exactly what I was told when I applied for the job by a family member who was in that trade (it was an apprenticeship in the building trades). He told me since I was a woman they had to hire me. I took the test (basic skills) and did well enough to earn myself a spot as one of the first to be interviewed. They took the top 100 scores. I went to my union office and asked my president to call their president and put in a good word for me. He did call and put the call of speakerphone and my president was talking me up and the two were trading union banter. Then the trades guy says "So he's a good kid?" and my president said "it's a she" and then the mood changed and the call was over. I was denied the job. I found out the went further than the top original 100 scores to hire. So I has a top score, a physical job and a clean record. There was no reason not to hire me if that woman thing where true. My dad said he would have his cousin who was a big wig go in and say something. I declined because I already had a good job and if I came forward with my allegation, and it where true, and they ended up being forced to give me a job they would put me through hell. I had to much on my plate at the time to deal with that much drama.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:43 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Why do right wingers always think in extremes? It's either ALL or NONE.

Nobody is saying ALL old white men.
This is ironic, as progressives believe all white men who aren't liberal must be a racist, sexist, xenophobe, bigoted basket of deplorables.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
A time will come that people realize that civil rights are not just for people of color but as rev king said -all people -

Old 09-21-2018, 03:53 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I have been hearing this filth out of the mouths of people like Joy Behar and various other "progressives" for a while now, and I am wondering, when did such filth become acceptable rhetoric in this country?

My father was an "old white man" and he was the most decent, hard-working, genuinely good-hearted human being I have ever known. So liberals have taken what was the most wholesome and decent example of a human I have ever known, and poisoned it.

How the **** is this filth tolerated today? How in the world could anyone let a vile creature like Joy Behar and like-minded creatures spew their HATE without challenge?
Your father's reputation wasn't poisoned. I he was as decent as you believe, death didn't change any minds about that. And nothing anyone said changed any minds of those who knew him either.

Obviously, this 'flith' is not universally tolerated today. You aren't the only one who feels it is filth. That belief is really common among older white guys, me included.

But I know that resentment exists. My own kids have it, but not for me, as they still respect and love me. It's the 'other' old white guys they resent.They are white too. It's not the skin color they resent, it's the age and it's lopsided rewards.

There are always the old who don't want to give up their advantages. Especially the advantages that having a white skin and age bring, by nothing but old custom and tradition.

When I was a young white man, I sometimes shared those feelings. Long ago.

But now, I'm an old white man who worked hard, and was decent, honest, and wholesome, so now I think I deserve all the advantages I now have, and even if I never earned some of them, I still think I deserve them all.

But so do old black men who never got them. And the women, immigrants, and all the others who never got their full share when they grew old.

The advantages shouldn't have a limited supply. America makes a promise to ever baby: Work hard, be honest, be good, and your life will be fruitful. No one will stand in your path to success.

That's a promise there will always be plenty of equality to go around. Not success, but the opportunity to get there, no matter what religion you have, or the color of your skin, or your age, or your politics, or any other roadblock.

In this country, everyone needs an equal shot at getting the most he can. Allowing everyone, even women the same advantages won't mean thing when everyone is truly equal right from the moment they are born.

There is not a thing wrong about wanting them before you too die. They can only be used when any person is alive.

The roadblocks do exist.

I was born male, white, and lucky.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:58 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
I expect the “old white men” to find that Goldilocks Planet, use our tech and leave this planet someday since we are so evil. And we will be deleting all blueprints of our spaceships so none can follow.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:05 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
A time will come that people realize that civil rights are not just for people of color but as rev king said -all people -
Except they aren't. Civil means something someone just made up.

Those aren't rights.

You don't have a "right" to education in some backwards language your ancestors spoke, it doesn't matter who the F you are. You don't have a "right" to be "Represented" in every facet of Life by someone that is exactly like you just because you're an idiot and insist that only someone who is exactly like you can possibly represent you.

You don't have a "Right" to the services of others. There's no such thing. Any thing you express as a "right" that involves the labor or resources of others - is a fake right. A fraud. You have a right to liberty, your natural rights...and that's it.

You don't have a right to compel others into association or commerce, for instance. That's not a right.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:07 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Joyless Behar is married to an old white male. I wonder how he felt hearing that.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:13 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Every other group gets hate. Why should white men be exempt?
Every other group has a protected class status. Why should white men be exempt from that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies