Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 01:56 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I believe she believes something happened to her. It may have.

What I have a problem with is she doesn't even know WHERE it happened, how she got there, how she got home, etc. and other things. She can't recall 1 other person there at party with a lot of her friends other then Kavennaugh and 1 other person.

Appently this all girls school and the all boys school fraternized a LOT together.

It "appears" to me she was so drunk she CAN'T remember a single other person, and she knew a LOT of them.

I understand the "trauma" but, after a few days or weeks IF what she claim was so "bad" she woukd have told her closest friends at the least.

If she felt so bad about this why didn't she say something when Kavennaugh FIRST was up for a judgeship, or his 2nd time, etc.? She has had PLENTY of opportunities to do so. Why wait until NOW?
Why did you put the word trauma in quotation marks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 01:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Women don’t report because we are told in our teens that if anything sexual happens to us against our will, except for stranger rapes in extremely limited circumstances, that we deserve it. Our mothers tell us this in an effort to frighten us, thinking this will keep us safe. Maybe things have changed in recent years, but when I was growing up, that’s how it was.

I am one of the lucky ones, with nothing to report. But with the well-meaning but destructive messaging we were exposed to from all but all but a few supportive adults, I can understand why a girl or young woman who was attacked would choose to stay quiet.

If you don’t want to report it that is your choice

But then what the hell do you expect us to do decades later?

Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If you don’t want to report it that is your choice

But then what the hell do you expect us to do decades later?
Not put the guy on the Supreme Court.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
It's interesting that so many women are outraged by sexual harassment yet supported a man who openingly admitted he controls women by "grabbing them by the *****." That man, of course, is Donald Trump.
Why is that we expect gentlemanly conduct from men in general while we elect and maintain a president who is disrespectful, abusive, and insulting to women?
"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. In my opinion, she was off base." Trump.

Ladies, it is time to DUMP TRUMP.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's neither. And that's gross to even say.

It's my statement of belief on the part of most of the people who did not speak up bc of my experience of the culture.

That being said, I don't see the relevance of bringing up this vague 35 year old transgression. Hell, we have much better evidence of Kavanaugh's lack of character and fidelity to the process from the mouths of his fellow Republicans and co-conspirators.
If a man did to you what Dr Ford claims Kavanaugh did to her, would you consider it a “transgression”

Old 09-22-2018, 01:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Me too is like accusations of using racial slurs in your past
No time limit and is a career kill shot
No verification needed and no penalty for false accusation
Like the French terror of the French revolution anybody can be accused little or no evidence is required with fatal results no penalty for false accusation

Old 09-22-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I assume this is partly a complaint and partly a brag.
If a man put his penis or fingers in an orifice of yours without your consent, would you brag about it?

Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Me too is like accusations of using racial slurs in your past
No time limit and is a career kill shot
No verification needed and no penalty for false accusation
Like the French terror of the French revolution anybody can be accused little or no evidence is required with fatal results no penalty for false accusation
So you believe there should be a statute of limitations for rape, child molestation and sexual assault? What should that timeline be?

Old 09-22-2018, 02:12 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
The metoo movement wants people to return to the Dark Ages where someone should be believed based on nothing more than their say so. People who were accused of witchcraft would be tried, convicted and executed based on nothing more than the accusation. The metoo movement wants people to be tried, convicted and destroyed based on nothing more than a person's word. Thanks to the metoo movement we can now return to the way of thinking from the thirteenth century.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:19 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Women don’t report because we are told in our teens that if anything sexual happens to us against our will, except for stranger rapes in extremely limited circumstances, that we deserve it. Our mothers tell us this in an effort to frighten us, thinking this will keep us safe. Maybe things have changed in recent years, but when I was growing up, that’s how it was.

I am one of the lucky ones, with nothing to report. But with the well-meaning but destructive messaging we were exposed to from all but all but a few supportive adults, I can understand why a girl or young woman who was attacked would choose to stay quiet.
Sometimes a woman won't report until later because a rape did not happen. However, it is is usu. because of what you said in the first paragraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies