Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 01:32 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

I know most of you listen to a lot of propaganda on Cuba and think the US needs to economically oppress the island until they gain ‘freedom’.

But in a lot of ways Cuba is fewer than we are, and a lot of its poor infrastructure and technology comes from the United States keeping Cuba out of the global supply chain.

Anyways Democracy in Cuba doesn’t revolve around the central government, but around economic institutions and local municipalities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Cuba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 01:43 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Propaganda? I lived in Miami. MANY Cubans who left will tell you the horrors of living there. It's so great, that people risk their fricken lives on tires and plywood, floating around in shark infested waters, not knowing if they'll make it or not, to get away from there. Yeah, what a slogan for the country.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:45 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Better than Nazi Germany and Mussolini Italy?

Old 09-22-2018, 01:48 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
https://babalublog.com/

Read. I knew him and his wife, personally. He came from Cuba. His reality is not "propaganda". I'll believe his word over someone who thinks the postcards of Cuba represent reality, and not what is staged for tourists.

Specifically this post: https://babalublog.com/2018/09/21/me...ven-the-truth/

Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://babalublog.com/

Read. I knew him and his wife, personally. He came from Cuba. His reality is not "propaganda". I'll believe his word over someone who thinks the postcards of Cuba represent reality, and not what is staged for tourists.

Specifically this post: https://babalublog.com/2018/09/21/me...ven-the-truth/
Your links lead to memes, if that is the extent of your argument then we have nothing to talk about.

Now have you read about Cuba’s political system and not just pathos persuasion used by the upper class who use to live there.

I know how Americans operate, they take a few dissenters from a country they don’t like and use them as proof that said country is bad and we are good.

My country of Iran is similar, you’ll see many exiled Iranians who were rich under the shah and come here to tell Americans to bomb Iran.

Of course none of this has to do with the people who actually live in the country. If you gave a **** about Cubans then you’d go there and see why they don’t like US sanctions and don’t think isolation helps their country instead of listening to these horror stories that make you feel better about your country’s imperialist agenda.

When was the last time you heard of dissenters from Honduras? Oh wait, our government likes the dictatorship there so you don’t care.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:40 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Your links lead to memes, if that is the extent of your argument then we have nothing to talk about.

Now have you read about Cuba’s political system and not just pathos persuasion used by the upper class who use to live there.

I know how Americans operate, they take a few dissenters from a country they don’t like and use them as proof that said country is bad and we are good.

My country of Iran is similar, you’ll see many exiled Iranians who were rich under the shah and come here to tell Americans to bomb Iran.

Of course none of this has to do with the people who actually live in the country. If you gave a **** about Cubans then you’d go there and see why they don’t like US sanctions and don’t think isolation helps their country instead of listening to these horror stories that make you feel better about your country’s imperialist agenda.

When was the last time you heard of dissenters from Honduras? Oh wait, our government likes the dictatorship there so you don’t care.
I don't.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I don't.
Thank you, at least you’re being honest.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
There is no good political system...assuming it's involuntary like Cuba or the U.S. or X,Y,Z.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:59 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Do you mind me asking why you chose to immigrate to the US?

Old 09-22-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There is no good political system...assuming it's involuntary like Cuba or the U.S. or X,Y,Z.
And not all state systems offer the same amount of oppression.

There is a monumental difference between North Korea and Iceland. Everyone should be able to acknowledge these differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies