Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 05:47 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
When there's so much immoral, unethical, and illegal behavior going on, it's easy to connect the dots and see a conspiracy where there is none.

Fact is, Trump surrounds himself with people as shoddy as he is and yeah, it's ALL gonna come out. No conspiracy needed. Pull one loose thread and it all unravels.
Yep just ask Cohen and Manafort!

I believe Kavanaugh was picked by Trump in the first place because of his views on a sitting president.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:48 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like Michael Avenatti is becoming more unhinged?
he owes millions in court ordered payments to the IRS and others. His law license will be pulled soon if he doesn't pay them.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Kavanagh lied to the Senate and he lied again. He lied about teenage drunkenness. What is he covering up?

Is he that stupid to remember that the coverup is worse then the action?

Time to put the next name from the Federalist Society list up.
What did he lie about? He admitted he drank too much when he was a kid.

And it's pretty sad that now that the Dems' attempt at smearing his character with a false assault accusation is falling apart, all they have to go on is that he didn't express that he drank too much in high school correctly.

Now, if he was discovered to have sat in a racist church for 20 years, with a preacher ranting against blacks, and Jews, that would be disqualifying.

There is no good reason not to confirm the president's first choice.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If he's been "shown" to be innocent, why WOULDN'T his reputation be in the clear? The problem for him is just how enlightening all his behavior has been while trying to defend himself. I appreciate the opportunity to see how angry and biased he is - that's very good information to have. He's brought himself down.
How angry and biased he is, what he heck are you talking about, biased? As for angry, I don't care what he is running for, if you can consider running for something, in this case. He has had a bunch of loonies attack his character, just his family through hell and you think he shouldn't be angry? The only thing he may be guilty of and probably is, he did a lot of partying in college and maybe even in high school. Most of us did more than we want to admit and we are are good, upstanding adults. It is part of the passage from child to adult. We didn't always use good judgement. Oh, maybe you did, we all know how self rightness you might want us to think you are. For me, nothing that has been said, certain nothing proven indicates to me, he is not worthy of serving on the supreme court.

If he had come across as arrogant and not showed emotion you libs would have claimed he has no feelings and thus isn't caring enough to serve.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:56 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Ford’s ex boyfriend of many years has written a letter detailing her lies.

1. Boyfriend witnessed her prepping a friend for a polygraph — she lied at the hearing

2 She never was afraid of flying even in small prop planes.

3. They lived together and she never was afraid of small spaces. She lived in 500sq ft apartment with one door

4. She cheated on her boyfriend.

5. She fraudulently used his credit card, lied to him, and then admitted charging $600 on it.

6. She never mentioned sexual assault or Kavanaugh in all those years

Here is the letter and article
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chr...y-sounds-alarm
Has anyone found the above to be disproven?
If not, Ford has been proven to be a liar — Kavanaugh has not.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the walls are caving in on the Democrats, will they survive?
I heard last night and I be damned if I remember where, that the FBI could give their report to the committee as early as today.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:00 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,210,249 times
today should be good... panic, mayhem and lies - oh my.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:01 AM

16,760 posts, read 8,208,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

And it's pretty sad that now that the Dems' attempt at smearing his character with a false assault accusation is falling apart, all they have to go on is that he didn't express that he drank too much in high school correctly.

Now, if he was discovered to have sat in a racist church for 20 years, with a preacher ranting against blacks, and Jews, that would be disqualifying.

He lied. He tried to cover up.

What else did he lie about?

There are others on the list from the Federalist Society, time to put up a new name.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I heard last night and I be damned if I remember where, that the FBI could give their report to the committee as early as today.
Yes, I just heard that they could deliver their report to the WH by the end of the day.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:02 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

The hypocrisy from the dems is ever present.

""When I was a teenager I used drugs, I drank, I pretty much tried whatever was out there. But I was in Hawaii and it was a pretty relaxed place," Obama told"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...out_there.html

The info WAS out there, it was in his book, and the dems didn't care THEN, but somehow are enraged NOW!

Obama was "forgiven" for what he did in is youth BUT Kav is NOT.

The ever double standard from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies