Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:18 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thanks - I honestly feel like I learn more from these women than I teach them, but it's sort of addictive work. To see people who simply refuse to allow the past to dominate their futures is a breath of fresh air. Especially after the past week.

Thank you for being a good dad and teaching your daughter real life skills.

Are you talking about all people in general, or this woman's made-up story?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:19 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You'll get no response from lefty, she just keeps throwing out left wing talking points and acting like she isn't making some of the dumbest comments in this thread.

No, red will respond with why I'm wrong and that he does not support the left...want to bet? LOL....

But by me writing this red may not respond directly to my post.....but lets see if red has any truth?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How is it she remembers laughing but not the song that was playing? It would have been louder than any laughter.

And this is the first time I've heard the suggestion that people laugh when they're attempting to rape someone else. That's not something reported in other sexual assault cases, that the perpetrator was laughing while assaulting someone.

Sexual acts don't generally involve laughing.
She also says that her parents didn't give her the respect and appreciation she deserved, according to her husband. I won't look up the link because I've already posted it several times. But this ties in nicely - seems like she really, really has an inferiority complex. It makes me wonder if she didn't at some point feel rebuffed by whoever was at the party with her and twisted off into this mode.

She is so jacked up it's not even funny.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:26 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So why is this innocent man trying to get his friends to cover for him on a story before it ever became public - story he said, under oath, he never heard of until it came out in the New Yorker?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

Please tell us how this could ever happen, from your link:

Quote:
Berchem's efforts also show that some potential witnesses have been unable to get important information to the FBI.

How, how cold that ever happen?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Are you talking about all people in general, or this woman's made-up story?
I'm talking about moving forward in life and not getting mired up in ancient history, muddled memories, ambiguous emotions, etc. Saying "I and my future, and my family's future, is not defined by what happened to me in the past."

Whatever happened. It's a mindset. It's a powerful mindset in fact. It puts a person back in the driver's seat of their lives. It frees up head space. It's definitely liberating.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:31 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Yeah, right...If more than 10% of Kavanaugh's records were released for review and discussion maybe we could actually consider his qualifications and suitability for the Supreme Court. Without that, we must assume that Trump and Kavanaugh are hiding something. This is a pig in a poke....let the buyer beware.

https://vtdigger.org/2018/10/01/sen-...naugh-records/
He supplied more documents than the last 5 supreme court nominees combined......but still not enough for you people.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:34 PM

57,266 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
She also says that her parents didn't give her the respect and appreciation she deserved, according to her husband. I won't look up the link because I've already posted it several times. But this ties in nicely - seems like she really, really has an inferiority complex. It makes me wonder if she didn't at some point feel rebuffed by whoever was at the party with her and twisted off into this mode.

Maybe at some point you will come up with something more factual and more meaningful, you are trying way to hard to discredit the victim.

Jacked up LOL

Old 10-01-2018, 04:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Had a busy day at work so was just catching up. See the Democrats are trying to move the goalposts on this investigation just as I suspected would happen. Are lefties on here still trying to claim this isn’t about politics for the Democrats??

Old 10-01-2018, 04:37 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Everyone has placed her in a protective little bubble, in part because anyone who tries to point out inconsistencies or who wants to question her actions/motives is automatically labeled a rape apologist. People don’t want to publicly admit they don’t believe her. Even the few who do try to discuss the things that don’t add up throw into every other sentence “but she’s very credible.” No, she is not. At the very least, her “truth”, which she may very well actually believe, does not seems unlikely to be an accurate portrayal of what actually happened.

I fully expect once he is confirmed or his nomination is withdrawn for her real backstory to start trickling out. I have an impression it isn’t going to be pretty.
I think you’re correct in this. Due to the shroud of the so called sexual assault she gets a free pass and can’t be questioned too harshly. Plus it’s not PC to suggest she’s lying or misinformed. That woman has a past and has secrets. I think it’s possible she was assaulted completely by someone not Kavanaugh. I’m thinking it was another guy at another party or maybe someone in her own family.

I also find the whole trauma thing to be over the top. She was not raped or penetrated and her clothes remained on and she got away. I’m not saying it wasn’t worth being upset and ticked off about and perhaps a little jumpy for a few weeks thinking about it but she got away. Her reaction and saying she’s been traumatized for almost 40 years and this affected her entire life I find to be most interesting.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:

Could you please post that link? I just cannot find anything to corroborate this.

Do you know her family? What ties in nicely? Your psychoanalysis of her 'inferiority complex' is certainly amazing if you don't know her.

With all due respect, why are you qualified to psychoanalyze her and even go so far as to make up a scenario about being 'rebuffed'?

This is one reason women don't come forward. They are then subjected to a bunch of armchair psychologists destroying her simply to rationalize their own preconceived opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies