Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 03:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course nothing will come of this investigation. Trump has got the questions the FBI can now ask narrowed down to "what is your middle name, Mr. Kavanaugh?" What a joke.
Yeah, but with Trump flat out lying about the 'limited' investigation (he said it isn't--investigators say otherwise). He is going to get caught in this lie.

So they start following a thread, such as the friend who says that Kavanaugh became belligerent when drunk, threw a beer in a guy's face, starting a fight where one person ended up in jail. This should be very easy to verify.

But are they allowed to verify it? What happens when questions are asked, such as what did you find out about this? And they will say - nothing as we were not allowed to investigate outside the limits set by the WH. So what then? Leave it up in the air because they cannot go any further?

Old 10-01-2018, 03:10 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Look at her when she's fake holding back tears. Look at how far down she has her chin into her chest. Try it out yourself.

Put your chin down into our chest while talking and see if you don't, also, have a shaky breaking voice as if you were on the verge of tears.
I thought the constant gasping for breath was a bit overdone. She must not cry much - the way you attempt to suppress tears is Head Back deep breaths. I have experience with this.

Somebody forgot to coach her properly -
"if you can't force out a few tears, then sniff a lot and rub your nose".

I think we saw the real Chrissy only a few times - a few giggles and when she threw up her head, jerked her glasses of and smoothly slid them up her head. She was angry about something somebody said on the Senate panel and I think it was Feinstein. She sure gave somebody the beady eye.
THAT was Professor Ford.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM

18,719 posts, read 7,599,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
well, they’re already screamin the investigation is limited so theres that.
Except that Trump didn't restrict the FBI investigation.

The liberals (including Flake) who demanded the investigation, specified that it be "limited in time and scope".

They are now trying as hard as they can to pretend they didn't say it.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,333 times
This is the problem with the MeToo movement. It brings the fringe out because now all woman are empowered. I am NOT diminishing the way woman are treated and condone any unwanted sexual advances. But pulling a 30+ year old accusation out of a hat with such perfect timing to destroy is suspect.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:12 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I cannot remember the names of people I went to high school with. Much less where I went and with whom. But I remember being molested by my SF when I was 12. Not the day to time of year. But how the room looked, where the sun and shadows where, and what he did to me.

I must have missed the part where she said she was an alcoholic at age 15.

Different people remember things different ways. My own family can discuss an event or incident and all have differing recollections about what actually occurred,

If you want to discredit her, you may want to take a different route. At least educate yourself on the subject as much as she did.
Sorry this happened to you. Traumatic events are processed differently and stored in the brain differently so this makes perfect sense. This is a really interesting article about trauma and memory.
https://www.sidran.org/resources/for...atic-memories/

Old 10-01-2018, 03:14 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Perhaps for the same reason the conservatives believe Kavanaugh when he has zero evidence...
First, the accuser has to prove her case and she cannot do so. Second, there is far more evidence on his side than on hers. He's produced a calendar/journal. He's passed six deep FBI background checks. He has never been accused of anything untoward in all the years of his career, towards his staff or anyone else for that matter. The man is innocent. She can't even prove she ever met him, where the supposed party took place, when it took place, how she got there, or how she got home. There are conflicting accounts of how many people were there or who was there. There are so many holes in her story.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
No one, I mean NO ONE thinks it's weird to take a polygraph on the day of your grandmother's funeral?
That was NOT a legit test. It asked only 2 questions and nothing about the assault.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Her memory is extremely convenient. She recalls it was in the summer, finally pinned it down to 1982 only because she didn’t drive her own car so must be before her driver’s license. She said it’s near the country club. She doesn’t remember layout of the house. Doesn’t remember the name of one of the boys that was there. Remembers placement of bed but not decorations or colors. In other words, anything that could identify whose house it was or the date or all attendees is gone and those are exactly the things that could prove her case or disprove her case.
This is the most suspicious thing about her story.

Nothing she provides proves her story or disproves it...…….even the witnesses.

And, no detail she provides allows for Kavanaugh to defend himself with an alibi or some other way.

Perfect crime scenario in reverse.

Add to that a victim with an elite private high school education, degrees up to a PhD from some of the most prestigious universities in the country who testified in front of the entire country that she doesn't know the word "exculpatory".

Right...…….she obliterated every piece of exculpatory evidence from her ficticious crime scene and we are supposed to be stupid enough to believe she doesn't know what the word means.

She's crazy like a fox imo.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, isn't this special... Blasey Ford co-authored an academic research article about using hypnosis to create false memories. "Hypnosis could be used to ... create artificial situations that would permit the client to express ego-dystonic emotions in a safe manner."

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...002/jclp.20496

Use ProQuest (public library resources, school library resources) to pull up the full text article.
Congrats. I think you are the first person who successfully found ANYTHING on her.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:19 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She wouldn't have been able to prove anything the night it happened. It would have his word against hers 40 years ago. What proof do you think she might have mustered back then?
Exactly. Most abusers don't solicit witnesses to their acts. And, there is only a 6 % conviction rate in rapes, let alone attempted rapes, which are probably not even statistically significant as far as convictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies