Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:04 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,878,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ahh... the ever popular "**** shaming" defense!

Yeah, but 54? Wowzers!

Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,808,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We have a conservative white guy whose friend wrote a book about their high school years, a book which featured heavy drinking and the antics that go along with heavy drinking. We have numerous contemporaries of the conservative white guy who are saying the white guy liked to drink and party. Liked drinking a lot. But instead of considering what a rich, entitled white teenaged guy might do when drunk, you attack the teenaged girl, because, hey, SHE was drinking, and in your mind, she got what she deserved.
She is being attacked for partisan reasons. People are defending someone who believes in getting even with the Democrats and giving Trump his get out of jail free card.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,315,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You need to investigate how the US Supreme Court operates.
NOBODY "recuses" a Supreme Court Justice, except the Justice him/her self.

That said -- Judge Kavanaugh has a 12 year history of being a VERY FAIR Judge and I don't expect that to change because of the Rabid Leftists. THEY of course will never give up on trashing his life and I expect that he will accept that. You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

Let him just die of thirst and "move on".
Hold up...

I just said HE would have to recuse HIMSELF.

What part of that made it sound like I was saying anything you didn't just say?

LOL.

Reading is fundamental.

I know exactly how the SCOTUS operates.

He may have some extreme fairness history, but that is in the rear view, and he's come right out being quite rude, nasty, and accusatory toward the Democrats in Congress.

So, yeah... he would need to recuse himself or we'd never know if he was behaving impartially from this point forward.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:06 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Years ago, in my early teens, I went visiting with my parents to one of their friends from church’s houses. I was sent to their college age son’s bedroom. He was told to “entertain” me.

This ended up with his tongue down my throat and him feeling me up against my protests.

This was in the 80s. I don’t remember where the house was. I don’t know their last name. I don’t remember why we were there. I don’t remember the time of year. I barely remember his first name. I knew him from church... he was one of the older “cool” kids. I couldn’t pick his parents out of a lineup. I don’t know how old I was. Somewhere between 12-14 I think.

I remember his face very clearly. I remember his blue polo shirt. I remember the 2 twin beds in his bedroom. I remember how annoyed he was with me that I didn’t want him to “teach me how to kiss”. I remember he kissed me anyway. I remember how tight he grabbed my arm with one hand while he felt my breasts under my bra with the other. I remember him finally letting me go when he stopped kissing me and went for my neck, and I yelled “it’s nasty” really loud. I remember how exasperated he was when he told me I was too much of a baby to enjoy making out.

I never told anyone because I thought I was a dork who was too scared to make out with the cool guy. I was ashamed at how disgusted and scared I was. I thought I was too ugly and nerdy for anyone to believe that he would want to do that with me anyway. Never told a soul for years. Not even my best friend.

It was years before I realized that was assault. I doubt he thought it was at the time either. I doubt he even remembers.

I’m not saying Dr Ford is telling the truth, but the idea her lack of detail “proves” she’s lying is ridiculous. She was 15.
You should track him down and do whatever you can to destroy his life, his family and his reputation... you never know, there might be a Go-fund me account waiting with your name on it.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:06 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
I am beginning to think the Ramirez story is the one to watch. NBC is reporting that BK called friends months ago in an apparent attempt to quash her story before it could get traction. Ramirez and BK were well acquainted and hung in the same social circles. He obviously had something to worry about or he would neither have known about the story coming or been attempting to influence possible witnesses.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
No one, I mean NO ONE thinks it's weird to take a polygraph on the day of your grandmother's funeral?
Yeah, I think that's pretty dang weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
You know this ^^^ to be absolute fact? Wow, you could be dangerous on a jury.
She doesn't know any of those things as fact, she's been spouting off lies for days now about this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You are aware that there is absolutely nobody that Trump could nominate that would be acceptable to the left/far left right?
I bet if he put up Garland he'd not be far left enough or would just be opposed because Trump did it...
Hearsay.

You don't know that.

And "the left" and "the far left" are worlds apart, politically speaking.

I think that if he replaced Roberts with someone similar to Roberts, you might hear a little griping, but that person would make it through the confirmation process quickly.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He may have some extreme fairness history, but that is in the rear view, and he's come right out being quite rude, nasty, and accusatory toward the Democrats in Congress.
You think that might have something to do with how they've treated him and his family?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
maybe Ford was so high all she could remember was Kav and Judge?
That is entirely possible. Then again, maybe Kav and Judge were so high they don't remember Ford.

As long as we're playing this game, really anything is possible.

Her reputation is taking a beating because she was apparently rather promiscuous during her younger years.

Maybe that's why she was targeted. Who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies