Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol. this strikes me as the type of nonsense Republicans/ extreme right wingers "email" to each other endlessly.

They know the public does not support them, they know the left and the independents are aligned to take them out of office, and they know there is nothing they can do to stop it. No amount of gerrymandering and propaganda is going to save the house, and the senate may well fall too.

thus they send each other "feel good" stories, the right wing rags print anecdotes because the data is so depressing.
They know more of the right have walked away from the GOP because of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And I’m asking, do we now believe anonymous sources?
You are no more than an anonymous poster on the board - why should I believe anything you post here. Just as you believe that women don't speak up about sexual harassment for fear of losing their job - this letter writer felt the same.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
the more that walk away from that party of division and intolerance the better, keep walking away from Democrats!
The bolded is the Republiturds, mainly under tRump

Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 AM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
They know more of the right have walked away from the GOP because of Trump.
Now I hate when people do this but I'd like to see the evidence - I can provide you with evidence of how many Dems are walking away.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:45 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
I wonder what this so called Latino Democrat thought about what the Republicans did to Merrick Garland?
With loyalty like that maybe he should walk away.
I find it funny that a latino is more concerned about how Kavanaugh is being treated and would rather run into the arms of a party that jails Latino kids at the border.
Something is amiss.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:46 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Do y'all have any stats on how many are actually (theoretically) leaving vs. these links to one-off articles and YouTube videos I keep seeing? I'm not sure if I've missed that. And how many on the Republican side? I used to be the latter, but went independent. Still hoping for a new party someday, if I feel like being in a party.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
What a pile of BS. Outside of the CD propaganda threads, I haven't seen a sign of it anywhere. And one could always look at the polls which haven't budged much on leaning Dem.

There is no "movement" - it's all internet memes and stock photos. Republicans must be both desperate and stupid. It is not really happening, so why bother--how will a viral meme help the GOP?

This is what one calls Fake News. More people have walked away from the Republican party since Trump took over, and more people identify as Dems than Republicans. Memes like this are probably why.

"These people who “walked away from the Democrats” are stock-photo models..."

"...Our Verify team works to separate fact from fiction, including the propaganda being pushed by Russia. We're looked into a political group that took off as a grass roots campaign and ended up the target of internet trolls.

So our Verify team decided to find out if they were legit or not. WUSA9 researchers did a reverse image search on the pics and found out they were were actually lifted from the stock photo site, Shutterstock.
This one image actually originated from a book about pipelines.

Also, Hamilton 68, a group that monitors and tracks Russian linked Twitter accounts, said this 'Walk Away' hashtag is being used to push and spread divisive messages.

So we can verify these viral memes claiming Democrats are leaving the party are false...."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...y/65-579935535

https://www.fastcompany.com/90207120...k-photo-models

Old 10-01-2018, 12:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Now I hate when people do this but I'd like to see the evidence - I can provide you with evidence of how many Dems are walking away.
OP posted an anecdote because the facts don't support them, there will be NO evidence presented to support their claims because the actual real world data proves them wrong.

the reality is people are more likley to identify as independent and both dems and rethugs have lower numbers .

BUT independents have massively flipped. in 2016 they gave the edge to Trump, but much of that was due to propaganda about Hillary.

If both sides rally the core, it will be the independents who swing the elections and the prediction is that they are vastly in favor of restraining Trump and the best way to do that is to put the house and senate in Dem hands.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:27 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol. this strikes me as the type of nonsense Republicans/ extreme right wingers "email" to each other endlessly.

They know the public does not support them, they know the left and the independents are aligned to take them out of office, and they know there is nothing they can do to stop it. No amount of gerrymandering and propaganda is going to save the house, and the senate may well fall too.

thus they send each other "feel good" stories, the right wing rags print anecdotes because the data is so depressing.
I would be very careful about assuming independents like the tactics of the left. Thats why they are independent because the left and the right stink.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:30 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm not a fan of either party, that said I think that the dems are going to far left They ain't the party that I remember from the 80's and 90's.

I'm an issues guy, I don't care about party lines and I think both parties are missing the mark in a lot of ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies