Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

I’m A Latino Democrat, But Thanks To The Kavanaugh Circus I’m Voting Republican In The Midterms

I am a college-educated, suburban, first-generation Latino immigrant. I voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012. I find President Trump to lack the basic moral character that we should expect in our political leaders and did not consider, even for a moment, voting for him in 2016. After watching how Senate Democrats and the media handled the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, however, I will be voting Republican in 2018 and for Trump in 2020.

But there is a greater question at hand, a question beyond the truthfulness of Ford or Kavanaugh’s testimony. This question will have lasting effects long beyond the tenure of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s replacement. That question is whether the politics of power, the politics by any means demonstrated by Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Senate Judiciary Committee Democrats, will be rewarded.

A mentor once told me, when discussing how to respond to inappropriate sexual conduct in the workplace, “You promote what you permit.” If Democrats are allowed to delay this nomination and the elections in 2018 and 2020 benefit them, both Republicans and Democrats for a generation will have learned that the American people prefer to be ruled by tyrants that punish their enemies instead of representatives in a republic who adhere to the rule of law.

The author chose to hide his identity because his company is run by liberals swamped in identity politics and he wanted to protect his employment.

The underlined is the key.

Do we want people in government to manipulate the system in this manner and be rewarded with more power? In this case, there was plenty of time for the alleged assault to be investigated, but they hid the details and timed making it public so they could delay the confirmation vote.

I can understand if people do not like Trump, but he won fairly... probably despite the manipulations of the Dems and Deep State with their spying tactics.

What kind of government do we want? If we reward this type of behavior, we will get more of it. Elections will mean very little if the government can scam their way to alter the results.

The author is on the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 10:45 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
I though RWNJs didn’t find anonymous sources credible?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I’m A Latino Democrat, But Thanks To The Kavanaugh Circus I’m Voting Republican In The Midterms

[i][indent][color="Navy"]I am a college-educated, suburban, first-generation Latino immigrant. I voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012. I find President Trump to lack the basic moral character that we should expect in our political leaders and did not consider, even for a moment, voting for him in 2016. After watching how Senate Democrats and the media handled the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, however, I will be voting Republican in 2018 and for Trump in 2020.

lol. this strikes me as the type of nonsense Republicans/ extreme right wingers "email" to each other endlessly.

They know the public does not support them, they know the left and the independents are aligned to take them out of office, and they know there is nothing they can do to stop it. No amount of gerrymandering and propaganda is going to save the house, and the senate may well fall too.

thus they send each other "feel good" stories, the right wing rags print anecdotes because the data is so depressing.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I though RWNJs didn’t find anonymous sources credible?

^^^This. But we all know they do when the anonymous source backs Trump. They can help but be hypocrites.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:51 AM

I know you have to paint different pictures to ignore the main point... should their conduct be rewarded? I am asking a question...

Old 10-01-2018, 10:54 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
I know you have to paint different pictures to ignore the main point... should their conduct be rewarded? I am asking a question...
And I’m asking, do we now believe anonymous sources?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And I’m asking, do we now believe anonymous sources?
I have not complained about anonymous sources... and with regards to the question - it doesn't matter. It's a valid question.

I can understand your desire to sweep it under the rug.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:59 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
No, the Dems should not be rewarded if they succeed with this FARCE.

Last edited by Pilot1; 10-01-2018 at 11:40 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 11:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
the more that walk away from that party of division and intolerance the better, keep walking away from Democrats!

Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

I am a college-educated, suburban, first-generation Latino immigrant. I voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012. I find President Trump to lack the basic moral character that we should expect in our political leaders and did not consider, even for a moment, voting for him in 2016. After watching how Senate Democrats and the media handled the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, however, I will be voting Republican in 2018 and for Trump in 2020.

But there is a greater question at hand, a question beyond the truthfulness of Ford or Kavanaugh’s testimony. This question will have lasting effects long beyond the tenure of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s replacement. That question is whether the politics of power, the politics by any means demonstrated by Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Senate Judiciary Committee Democrats, will be rewarded.

A mentor once told me, when discussing how to respond to inappropriate sexual conduct in the workplace, “You promote what you permit.” If Democrats are allowed to delay this nomination and the elections in 2018 and 2020 benefit them, both Republicans and Democrats for a generation will have learned that the American people prefer to be ruled by tyrants that punish their enemies instead of representatives in a republic who adhere to the rule of law.

The author chose to hide his identity because his company is run by liberals swamped in identity politics and he wanted to protect his employment.

The underlined is the key.

Do we want people in government to manipulate the system in this manner and be rewarded with more power? In this case, there was plenty of time for the alleged assault to be investigated, but they hid the details and timed making it public so they could delay the confirmation vote.

I can understand if people do not like Trump, but he won fairly... probably despite the manipulations of the Dems and Deep State with their spying tactics.

What kind of government do we want? If we reward this type of behavior, we will get more of it. Elections will mean very little if the government can scam their way to alter the results.

The author is on the money.

The Democrats have cemented their fate, in the dust bind of history.
Eyes Wide Open! How can anyone miss it, with it being IN YOUR FACE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies