Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 09:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The number one and only cause of rape is rapists.

If it weren't for rapists, rape would not exist and would never happen.
That's profound. The cause of crime is criminals too. Would've never figured that one out. There are steps to avoid crime and criminals.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:54 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I can't agree much. Most women are expert rejecters and very perceptive of their surrounding like a deer. I do sort of agree women throw caution to the wind for an exceptionally attractive guy, but I think the exceptionally attractive rapist is very rare.
This is not the place for your female hating crap. You really think this whole book was written because most women are ******* who don't talk to men. Case after case women ignored their insticts in order to protect a man's feelings. It's been clear for awhile that you don't understand women and haven't spent much time around them. The case I just described the guy was 20 years younger than her, it wasn't a hook up. I've NEVER seen a woman be anything but polite unless the man pushes and acts like a jerk, maybe that's your problem. Get off women hating websites and talk to normal female people.

We alll get it. You think all women are feminist *******.You come off so clueless.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:56 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
For most people, this seems like common sense, and it is but it's more complicated for women. I read this book about women and fear. It's not uncommon for a woman to override her gut instinct that something isn't right because of the cultural training and pressure on girls/women to be nice to people and be polite. I believe it was a cop, or criminal psychologist who wrote the book. Someone in law enforcement with a lot of insight.
I have worked at teaching my wife and daughter to resist the social pressure to "be ladylike" when it puts them at greater risk.

This is a fact: A healthy male assailant can cover 20 feet in a second.

This is another fact: An assailant will normally attempt to move as close as possible without revealing his intention, within arms' length if at all possible, using dissembling patter to disguise his motives

This means that my wife and daughter must being serious defensive actions while any man is more than twenty feet away, his demeanor notwithstanding.

But that's not any more complicated for men who are facing a disparity of force. As an old man in my mid sixties with bad knees and sciatica, I must be just as wary of a strange man inching his way closer to me with dissembling patter as I expect my wife and daughter to be.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I have worked at teaching my wife and daughter to resist the social pressure to "be ladylike" when it puts them at greater risk.

This is a fact: A healthy male assailant can cover 20 feet in a second.

This is another fact: An assailant will normally attempt to move as close as possible without revealing his intention, within arms' length if at all possible, using dissembling patter to disguise his motives

This means that my wife and daughter must being serious defensive actions while any man is more than twenty feet away, his demeanor notwithstanding.

But that's not any more complicated for men who are facing a disparity of force. As an old man in my mid sixties with bad knees and sciatica, I must be just as wary of a strange man inching his way closer to me with dissembling patter as I expect my wife and daughter to be.
The thing is she was in her building, mid day, people come and go all the time and neighbors say hi, it's not a strange thing. He appeared to belong. She had no reason to feel concern, that's why she was ignoring her gut. We have these interactions all the time and nothing happens, so it's not a startling situation where ones guard would go up.

I get that people should always be aware, but most aren't going to be in a normal siuation like that, so the best thing to do is listen to the gut, always. It's harder for some than others.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
This is not the place for your female hating crap. You really think this whole book was written because most women are ******* who don't talk to men. Case after case women ignored their insticts in order to protect a man's feelings. It's been clear for awhile that you don't understand women and haven't spent much time around them. The case I just described the guy was 20 years younger than her, it wasn't a hook up. I've NEVER seen a woman be anything but polite unless the man pushes and acts like a jerk, maybe that's your problem. Get off women hating websites and talk to normal female people.

We alll get it. You think all women are feminist *******.
Yeah that's a perfect example of a polite woman lol. I relay a perfectly neutral observation and rage ensues. I think I should know how women respond to men and they're not exactly like you describe but are just naturally cautious of setting off an unknown male's anger. Just so you know that book you read could've been largely fictional.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:01 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
The thing is she was in her building, mid day, people come and go all the time and neighbors say hi, it's not a starnge thing. He appeared to belong. She had no reason to feel concern, that's why she was ignoring her gut. We have these interactions all the time and nothing happens, so it's not a startling situation.
Assaults happen to old men the same way.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Assaults happen to old men the same way.
Yeah, they need to listen to their gut also. It's probably worse for them becasue they don't have the natural fear of men that women do.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Males are leery of other males to a degree too, as most assaults are not sexual and not mostly against women.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah that's a perfect example of a polite woman lol. I relay a perfectly neutral observation and rage ensues. I think I should know how women respond to men and they're not exactly like you describe but are just naturally cautious of setting off an unknown male's anger. Just so you know that book you read could've been largely fictional.
Dude, post after, after post, after post, it never ends. You have been spewing "I hate women" "feminists are everywhere hating men" and other nonsense for over a week of posting on multiple threads. Feminist this, man hating that. Men are the ones in real danger! "Women ask for rape. "Women would never go near a man they didn't want to have sex with. "A woman drinking consents to sex"" Oh yeah, and the best one "rape is not that bad, it's not even violent."

Seriously, WTF do you expect? You hate women,maybe their not so crazy about you either.
There you go, you proved that if you insult the the female gender and blame her for rape enough, a girl will get upset. Congrats!

Old 10-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Dude, post after, after post, after post, it never ends. You have been spewing "I hate women" "feminists are everywhere hating men" and other nonsense for over a week of posting on multiple threads. Feminist this, man hating that. Men are the ones in real danger! "Women ask for rape. "Women would never go near a man they didn't want to have sex with. "A woman drinking consents to sex"" Oh yeah, and the best one "rape is not that bad, it's not even violent."

Seriously, WTF do you expect? You hate women, at this point I hate you back.

There you go, you proved that if you insult the the female gender and blame her for rape enough, a girl will get upset. Congrats!
Such an irrational reply of fake quotes lol. I could just as easily claim gals like you hate men since you paint them all as potential rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies