Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

That so called backlash will never happen. That’s a fantasy.

You guys needn’t be so hyperbolic about this Kavanaugh thing. It’s making you say silly things. We get it...you guys are yearning for the old smoky back room male patriarchy to come back to power. Fine. But it’s NOT coming back and even if it did, you wouldn’t be in the beneficiary class anyway just like your male counterparts weren’t the beneficiaries of that old caste system back in the day.

You guys belong to the peonage class, and you’re in no position to conduct some sort of anti feminist insurrection anyway. You’re too low on the taxonomy chart. You NEED women as allies.

Besides, most of you have wives. What’re you gonna do? You ain’t Trump...there aren’t bunches of Melanias out there just dying to get to know you better. Your options are limited, and you’re not about to pyss off the species that you have to live with and can’t afford to get rid of. Judge Judy (or Judge whoever) would wipe most of you out in court.

Get a grip fellas. There will be no reprisals. Get over your aggrieved entitlement and come back to your senses. SMH

Old 10-03-2018, 10:01 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Crazy how some old white guys(and some dumb young one's also) are up in arms because they're afraid of losing their privilege to molest women and girls without any punishment.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:07 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You forget that only liberal women make up this metoo none sense. A silent majority of women worry about the future for the country and their husbands, fathers and sons. Keep dreaming if you think most women are metooers.
Me Too is nonsense? All those women who were drugged and raped by Bill Cosby, all those women who were victimized by Harvey Weinstein, they all deserved what they got?

See, this is exactly why you will not see the tsunami that is heading for you. Because you are not a woman, and you do not understand the overt and subliminal sexual harassment that every single woman on the planet understands too well.

You are living in the past. The future is going to come as an unpleasant shock to you.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What rock do you live under ? You are really starting to sound like one of those people that likes to blame everyone else for their lack of success and or happiness in life.

Women have been powerful in the workplace for quite some time now. I work for a $40 Billion company and our CEO is a woman, my Sr. Manager is a woman, my Executive Director is a woman, our engineering staff is filled with women... these women didn't get were they are by sitting down, shutting up or allowing men to get in their way. This isn't 1960 anymore.
You'd think some women who post here were chained to the stove until, like, a week ago. Love to complain about how their failures are someone else's fault. Very distorted views of reality.

PS>I've had female supervisors the last 3 jobs I have had.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:15 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
All I know is that employers are going to have develop a backbone of accuses male employees accusing of sexism and racism off of work hours. The sjw and the feminists who are outraged will want to make sure that such employee is terminated and can never be employed again. This is not good. Sad part is that most HR divisions are controlled by women and might be sympathetic to women's causes.

What will happen is that men will either begin to work for themselves or try to obtain field government positions.
No they wont. All guy have to do is stop being inappropriate with women that they arent involved with. Thats all. Its very simple. I cant believe theres people out there fighting to be able to continue doing this.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Explain to your loved ones who happen to be of the female gender why it's suddenly OK to do what you want to women without the fear of repercussion. Tell them that it's their fault their being groped and molested because of what they wear, or how much they drink, or they didn't protest loud enough. Tell them that men are the "real" victims here because "your" President said so.

Reading some of the garbage being spewed on this forum, is it any mystery why women don't report sexual assault? Go ahead and snicker and smirk and pat yourselves on the back for being so clever. Then visit a rape crisis center. It will sober you up in a New York minute.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
No they wont. All guy have to do is stop being inappropriate with women that they arent involved with. Thats all. Its very simple. I cant believe theres people out there fighting to be able to continue doing this.
Women need to check their perceptions.

If a man sneezes and accidentally touches you because he lifts his arm to cover his face quickly?

NOT #metoo.

And that is the real issue. Women need to realize not every interaction as a threat.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:20 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You'd think some women who post here were chained to the stove until, like, a week ago. Love to complain about how their failures are someone else's fault. Very distorted views of reality.

PS>I've had female supervisors the last 3 jobs I have had.

My first female supervisor was back in 1998 , we were all draftspeople at that point, which is now called design engineers. Not an easy field for a woman to break ground in, yet she became a leader.
I was 29 then, and she was close to 40. Oddly enough, she made a move on me, and we had a fling off and on for the next 5 or so years. Good times !

Old 10-03-2018, 10:27 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.

it cuts both ways these days. men are going to be very careful when hiring women,and women are going to be more outspoken as well. the problem is going to be when both go too far.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:30 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.
I have been working my entire life. I have NEVER sat down, shut up, OR allowed men to get away with 'whatever they please.'
You must be new to the work world or much younger than I am.
I am a very reasonable human being.
I am not offended when a man tells me I look nice or that a color looks good on me (usually with an apology of sorts beforehand to telegraph that they do not mean to demean or offend me). No one does this anymore though because of the tone in our society.
I am not offended by a compliment. I know when a comment, statement or gesture is crossing a line.
If something crosses the line with me, I let the person on the other end know my feelings. I have asked people to stop a certain line of commentary, or behavior.
I worked in a male dominated field for most of my working life. Used to have a guy who liked to put his around my shoulder when we were standing around talking in a group. First time I let it go, we were all close co-workers, and friendly with one another. This was in the late 80s and the sexual harassment meme was taking hold. Second time he did it, I got a wonky feeling and asked him not to do that anymore since I felt uncomfortable and (I didn't say this) thought he was trying to throw a move on me. The third time he did it? I let him have it. I informed him that I'd already told him once that I was not comfortable with it and had asked him to stop. Then I stopped being polite and said, if you touch me again, I'm either going to break your f*ck*ng arm, or I'm going to report this to the CO, maybe both. Either way, it's going to end badly - for you. You're on notice.
He never did it again, and, amazingly enough, we stayed on collegial terms with one another in the work environment. Others privately praised my approach, men and women. Another guy told me that he HAD had a thing for me LOL. I wasn't into him - in the workplace or anywhere else.
I am not a delicate flower. I can stand up for myself, and trust me, I will. Then and now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies