Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 12:04 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times

Advertisements

People who are so worried must questioning their past behavior. I have been a white collar employee for 30 years without so much as a hint of impropriety. I have no fear of working with women or being in their offices. So there must be some basis for your fears.
Just sayin.....

Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
How about teaching your boys to keep their hands the hell to themselves.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:09 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Because there are different types of people. There are the weak and introvert that will not report, and there is the type that will step on corps just to be admired by her friends. Sorry, I'm not taking risks.
Just how many "wants to be admired for false reporting" women do you think there are? That's...not really much of a thing at all. And that there are only those types?

Old 10-03-2018, 12:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
People who are so worried must questioning their past behavior. I have been a white collar employee for 30 years without so much as a hint of impropriety. I have no fear of working with women or being in their offices. So there must be some basis for your fears.
Just sayin.....
Past or current behavior. I have no doubt many of these men who are jumping up and down here screaming about how unfair this is are only doing so because they see their privilege of being able to harass women without consequence slipping away.

They're going to be forced to behave like decent human beings. It's a very sad time for them.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Because there are different types of people. There are the weak and introvert that will not report, and there is the type that will step on corps just to be admired by her friends. Sorry, I'm not taking risks.
Really?

How many rape victims did you poll to come up with that?

My best guess: 0.

How many rape crisis centers have you visited?

My best guess: 0.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What biz owners out there are going to be wild about hiring women after this crazed "I wuz raped and molested by ------- fill in the blank". Liberalism appears to be short sighted, and these crazies getting temp revenge have probably set women back 50 years.

Do you mean the good ole days, where males expressed their masculinity in the workplace and expected female peers and subordinates to know their place, not make waves and accommodate unwelcome touching and sexual advances?

Reads like you assume a Conservative woman would just accept inappropriate behavior.

Seems to me an employer could just as easily prefer a female workforce.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:17 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
You said that a drafter was the same as a designer ("we were all draftspeople at that point, which is now called design engineers.") I just wanted to qualify the fact that drafters are NOT the same as designers, which is what the first link I posted explained. However, I am sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote!

I've typically worked in architecture, design and construction related jobs so I've seen people haggle over similar nomenclature forever. For the most part job titles get really fuzzy. Drafter and designer are two easy to throw around titles. Engineer and Architect get much touchier since both should be backed up by a licensed. But architectural designer, engineering tech, or something along the lines of engineering coordinator can be used willy nilly. Project manager use to be in the same category but now the PMP is starting to be the threshold for that title- except in construction companies. Job captain or project manager used to be what a lot of people tabbed experience but not-licensed staff to up their billing rates.

And back on topic- its always going to be easier to deal with claims of harassment in publically traded companies or government agencies. Most private firms will leave you at the mercy of the company culture. And the fact that men are making the de facto hiring decisions is probably 30 years behind the times. Plenty of women own/run small businesses and most HR people I've dealt with at bigger firms are female. So does the lady that runs a 50 person business call her husband or father in to ponder her hiring decisions to suit the OP's scenario?

Old 10-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What rock do you live under ? You are really starting to sound like one of those people that likes to blame everyone else for their lack of success and or happiness in life.

Women have been powerful in the workplace for quite some time now. I work for a $40 Billion company and our CEO is a woman, my Sr. Manager is a woman, my Executive Director is a woman, our engineering staff is filled with women... these women didn't get were they are by sitting down, shutting up or allowing men to get in their way. This isn't 1960 anymore.
You and the poster you quoted in post # 10 seem to be on the same page.

The OP, on the other hand, seems a tad out of step.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:24 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Or maybe the "weak" and introverted are smart and waiting for the right opportunity so they can prove it happened.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
No they wont. All guy have to do is stop being inappropriate with women that they arent involved with. Thats all. Its very simple. I cant believe theres people out there fighting to be able to continue doing this.
It really is this simple.

Treat all people in your workplace the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies