Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 04:02 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,410,114 times

Advertisements

I feel the victim has a right to talk about what happened to her. They should not be silenced. Sometimes nothing can be done about it but I still think they have a right to say what happened.

I also think Blasey Ford was telling the truth when she said Kavanaugh attempted to rape her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 04:06 PM

27,664 posts, read 28,761,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I also think Blasey Ford was telling the truth when she said Kavanaugh attempted to rape her.
Yet, there isn't a scintilla of evidence to back up her claim.

Nobody can even prove that Ford and Kavanaugh ever met, like she stated in her testimony.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:57 PM

22,675 posts, read 24,657,321 times
The reliability of such late-date prosecutions will almost always be suspect to me.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 10,537,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The reliability of such late-date prosecutions will almost always be suspect to me.
Yep.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:43 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,602,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think those liberal law professors are a bad joke and have no integrity.
And how many of them are people who disagree with Kavanaugh politically .

Old 10-07-2018, 07:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,896,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And how many of them are people who disagree with Kavanaugh politically .
Probably all of them. It's just politics.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:16 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,409,124 times
Quote:
I feel the victim has a right to talk about what happened to her. They should not be silenced. Sometimes nothing can be done about it but I still think they have a right to say what happened.

Just as the suspect has a right to use due process to present their side of the story.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,898,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Ford doesn't expect anything to be done. Kavanaugh is being interviewed for a job. She believes her story may reflect on whether he is suited for the job. It will be up to the people considering him for a lifetime appointment to determine if Ford's story reflects on Kavanaugh's suitability.
The latest left talking point. It was only a job interview.
What employer first accuses you of a heinous crime. Uses the media to tar and feather you. Then says now lets sit down and review your resume? The answer is none, because they would all be sued into bankruptcy if they pulled such a stunt.

It wasn't an interview it was an inquisition. The Dems painted Kavanaugh as guilty from the second fords allegations came out. No proof. No witnesses. No evidence. Just a 36 yearly allegation. No employer would dare treat a job applicant that way and you know it.

Now had the dems simply attacked Kanaugh on his decisions and job history I am confident he would have been passed up. He isn't anything special. Instead the left tarred and feathered him and many saw him as a victim of political hacks.

Me I believe in innocent until proven guilty. You had posters on here saying for an interview that doesn't matter. Of course it matters. It should always matter. At least when their isn't even a shred of evidence, or a witness.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:26 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,898,684 times
Quote:

You can believe what you like. Kavanaugh is innocent until proven guilty.

Ford gave her story. Multiple versions. She named witnesses. None of whom supported her allegations. She couldn't remember where or when. She just wasn't credible enough in most peoples eyes.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 PM

9,177 posts, read 13,280,385 times
Quote:

You might be right. But you might be wrong.

I believe most victims are telling the truth. But in this case, which involves politics, there is something very very fishy about the timing of Ford's story and the way it was handled by the Democrats. And I believe I am not the only with serious doubts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies