Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will there be a second US civil war at some point?
Yes 53 34.64%
No 100 65.36%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 09:59 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
One things for sure, the OP doesn't leave it a mystery what side he'll be fighting for. He can be their Minister of Propaganda.
Yeah. I am on the side of truth, against the biggest liar is a president in history. Never thought a non politician could be worse than a politician but trump proved me wrong. Bigly

Old 10-07-2018, 10:00 AM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What you call a country, is really just authority, government, etc. It is a group of people, who draw invisible lines on a map, and then claim they have absolute control over everything and everyone inside of those lines.

Basically, countries are fake, they are not physical objects, they are ideas, they are beliefs, etc.

The only reason the United States exists, is because people believe it exists. Whether that be the people in the military, or the police, or the tax-collectors, or the people working and paying the taxes.

If a country is nothing but authority. Then when you say you are going to TAKE BACK the country, you are saying you are going to take back authority. And I just find it a bit hypocritical that you are going to cry about lefties who want to control you, when you are no better.

Do you know who Lysander Spooner is? I advise you to read some of his works before you ramble about government, the founding of this nation, etc. The founders weren't a monolith, and they often hated each other. Thomas Jefferson(the greatest American to have ever lived) despised Alexander Hamilton with a passion, and sought to thwart everything Alexander Hamilton stood for.

But the truth is, we live in Alexander Hamilton's America, not Thomas Jefferson's America.

So please get off your selfish, delusional, and ignorant tirade, and go read a book. Because from where I stand, you are the authoritarian collectivist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewtA3qcm3fo
After my espousing the exact opposite philosophies in countless posts here, that you call me an authoritarian collectivist demonstrates clearly that you haven't the foggiest notion as to the definition of that term. So perhaps YOU should try reading some books, no?

The Disgruntled Progressive Liberal relies mainly on personal attack, both to bolster self-worth and as a technique of argumentation (along with a quiver full of other logical fallacies). In flying your true colors by proclaiming your superiority and positing those requisite personal insults, I sincerely hope you feel better about yourself.

Everybody knows the founding fathers had deep divisions and some hated each other. And everybody knows the ideals of Hamilton, and the federalists, for the most part won over the ideals of Jefferson when the articles of confederation were replaced, with the Bill of Rights being tacked on as appeasement.

Your rambling about the nation not existing reminds me of the ramblings of a surrealist. Again, if I were to pretend that the nation does not exist for a sufficient amount of time, I would at some point have my assets seized by the "imaginary" federal government, be imprisoned by the "imaginary" federal government, or be killed by the "imaginary" federal government.

My not believing the nation exists is about the same as my not believing I will die if I jump off a cliff whilst flapping my arms. We only have facts. We can't deny them any more than we can deny the laws of physics.

That being the case, we have a choice to make: we can either embrace collectivism or individualism. I embrace the latter. And, no, I don't give a damn if you try to twist my words into meaning something different, as liberals often do. When I say individualism, I mean exactly that. Individualism--along the lines of Rand, the non-aggression principle, classical liberalism, etc. And when I say "take back the country" what I am referring to is taking back negative liberties that we were guaranteed as opposed to allowing positive liberties to pollute our natural rights. I am referring to a society of volutaryism, NOT coerced collectivism.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:00 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What a load of victim mentality BS. Nobody forced people to sign up for expensive student loans. .

If one is old enough to drive, one is old enough to calculate the ROI on their chosen major/choice of college.

If anyone is too stupid to do so, they are also too stupid for college.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:04 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

If one is old enough to drive, one is old enough to calculate the ROI on their chosen major/choice of college.

Except they are just doing what people like you told them to do pursue an education so they can get a higher paying job. Its not there fault college costs have exploded its honestly the fault of conservatives who seem almost gleeful to watch young people fail. Of course with your general attitude I predict more young people will become leftists to secure there futures and not simply just allow conservatives to keep them in there place.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:05 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

The problem is colleges reduced their standards while demorats were encouraging anybody and everybody to go to college. By doing this, they are diminishing the value of a college degree, and the ROI. And encouraging people who are too stupid for college to go to college is a recipe for disaster. They usually don't complete their degree, but have all the debt to deal with just the same. Democrats really did them a big disservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Except they are just doing what people like you told them to do pursue an education so they can get a higher paying job. Its not there fault college costs have exploded its honestly the fault of conservatives who seem almost gleeful to watch young people fail. Of course with your general attitude I predict more young people will become leftists to secure there futures and not simply just allow conservatives to keep them in there place.

If they become leftists after falling victim to the leftist owned and controlled "education" system, than there's not much else to say but "stupid is as stupid does".

Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Almost a third of US voters think a second civil war is coming soon - civil war part 2?

Roughly the same % that "strongly support" tRump.

40% strongly disapprove of Trump's job performance; 27% strongly approve

https://news.gallup.com/poll/241787/...ove-trump.aspx

Coincidence?

I report. You decide.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The problem is colleges reduced their standards while demorats were encouraging anybody and everybody to go to college. By doing this, they are diminishing the value of a college degree, and the ROI. And encouraging people who are too stupid for college to go to college is a recipe for disaster. They usually don't complete their degree, but have all the debt to deal with just the same. Democrats really did them a big disservice.
Its not really democrats it was people on both sides who are older and saw lots of value in there college degree unless you are claiming only democrats go to college which is ridiculous.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:

If they become leftists after falling victim to the leftist owned and controlled "education" system, than there's not much else to say but "stupid is as stupid does".
The education system is not leftist in the slightest. I had a few professors who were but the institution is conservative they only care about money. Granted the fact education encourages people to read and research could cause people to become more left leaning.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Except they are just doing what people like you told them to do pursue an education so they can get a higher paying job..
Wrong, UNLESS they follow the rest of the advice-pick a marketable degree, not your life's passion of Gender Studies or the like.

Pick a useless major-make my Latte at Starbucks for life, and that student loan if you do not pay it, well no IRS refunds. SS gets garnished, etc.

Pick a worthwhile major-it will pay off.

Gender Studies is NOT a useful major.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:12 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That you call me an authoritarian collectivist demonstrates clearly that you haven't the foggiest notion as to the definition of that term.
Do you believe in authority? Do you believe the government has the right to exercise that authority, whether anyone actually consented to it or not?

Do you believe a country is a collective of people? Do you think a country has authority over those people, including forcing them to pay taxes and obey laws?

From where I sit, you are an authoritarian-collectivist.

Quote:
The Disgruntled Progressive Liberal relies mainly on personal attack, both to bolster self-worth and as a technique of argumentation (along with a quiver full of other logical fallacies).
I know exactly who you are, but you have no idea who I am.

Quote:
Your rambling about the nation not existing.
I didn't claim that government or authority didn't exist. What I said was, these things are people, not an entity of their own.

You might even be familiar with Citizens United, which basically said that corporations are people. Which is somewhat a mischaracterization. What it really said was that corporations are not an entity apart from people, corporations are an extension of the people who make up that corporation. To restrict the freedom of speech of a corporation, is to restrict the freedom of speech of a person.

As Milton Friedman used to say about the corporate tax. The corporate tax is not a tax on corporations, corporations cannot pay taxes, only people can pay taxes. When you tax a corporation, you tax people.

When you refer to some "mythical country", what you are referring to is a collective of people, exactly like a corporation. Where the rights and obligations of each citizen are laid out in the corporate charter(IE Constitution). And unlike an actual corporation where every members joins voluntarily, the corporation called America claims you as a subject merely because you were born on the land which it claims absolute ownership of.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 10-07-2018 at 10:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies